I had my bike parked out front and the hotel maintenance crew nailed it with their power washer. I even found water inside my trunk! Next time I hear a strange noise, I'm going out and look. When I did go look I realized what had happened (the sidewalk was wet), I asked on the the crew if he hit my bike - all he did was laugh ... yeah I know. It took a while to get all the spots off, no real damage, that I could see. Not for that I'd give this place 5 dots.
[To be Fair: I did ask, when I made reservations on the phone and after we got there, I checked with the main desk if it was ok to park my bike where I did - both times I was told yes. It wasn't until the next day while I was cleaning off my bike (the big dog - corporate - manager was there for a visit) that I was, politely, informed I wasn't suppose to park my bike where I did. I moved it over to a spot, in the parking lot that I could watch it from my room.]
We stayed here 4 days. This is a great deal, for the price. Staying here cost us no more than it did in places that do not have a kitchen. We are both very impressed. We've saved quite a bit making our own meals. There are several grocery stores near by, if you are mobile. If not, the bus schedule isn't all that great. I'm guessing the cabs make out pretty good here.
The first night somebody was directly over us performing gymnastics. One call to the desk put a stop to that. The service here is excellent. The area/neighborhood is very nice and safe. Other than the above incident, my bike was unmolested the entire time it was in the parking lot. Which is very well lit. The WiFi works flawlessly. We had the single Queen bed room. The room is quite large and the kitchen is roomy. Everything was very clean. The laundry is very convenient. Moma Bear actually enjoyed it!
The air conditioning works great and there is plenty of room in the shower. I'm 6'4" and the shower head is right at the top of my forehead. There is a small, but adequate, table (with 2 chairs) to eat at. With enough kitchen utensils, dishes, a pot, a pan, strainer, ect. For the two of us. As far as accommodations go ... this has been our best lay over spot yet!
In spite of the power washing fiasco, we will stay here again - if we are ever in this area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Extended Stay Huntington Beach
- Extended Stay America Huntington Beach
- Huntington Beach Extended Stay