“This place rocks! ... But ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5050 Skylab West Circle, Huntington Beach, CA 92647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Huntington Beach
Olympia, Washington
“This place rocks! ... But ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had my bike parked out front and the hotel maintenance crew nailed it with their power washer. I even found water inside my trunk! Next time I hear a strange noise, I'm going out and look. When I did go look I realized what had happened (the sidewalk was wet), I asked on the the crew if he hit my bike - all he did was laugh ... yeah I know. It took a while to get all the spots off, no real damage, that I could see. Not for that I'd give this place 5 dots.

[To be Fair: I did ask, when I made reservations on the phone and after we got there, I checked with the main desk if it was ok to park my bike where I did - both times I was told yes. It wasn't until the next day while I was cleaning off my bike (the big dog - corporate - manager was there for a visit) that I was, politely, informed I wasn't suppose to park my bike where I did. I moved it over to a spot, in the parking lot that I could watch it from my room.]

We stayed here 4 days. This is a great deal, for the price. Staying here cost us no more than it did in places that do not have a kitchen. We are both very impressed. We've saved quite a bit making our own meals. There are several grocery stores near by, if you are mobile. If not, the bus schedule isn't all that great. I'm guessing the cabs make out pretty good here.

The first night somebody was directly over us performing gymnastics. One call to the desk put a stop to that. The service here is excellent. The area/neighborhood is very nice and safe. Other than the above incident, my bike was unmolested the entire time it was in the parking lot. Which is very well lit. The WiFi works flawlessly. We had the single Queen bed room. The room is quite large and the kitchen is roomy. Everything was very clean. The laundry is very convenient. Moma Bear actually enjoyed it!

The air conditioning works great and there is plenty of room in the shower. I'm 6'4" and the shower head is right at the top of my forehead. There is a small, but adequate, table (with 2 chairs) to eat at. With enough kitchen utensils, dishes, a pot, a pan, strainer, ect. For the two of us. As far as accommodations go ... this has been our best lay over spot yet!

In spite of the power washing fiasco, we will stay here again - if we are ever in this area.

Room Tip: Make sure you - and they - are clear where you want to park your motorcycle!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
James - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please do accept my apologies about your motorcycle. I have reviewed with the staff proper parking areas for cars and bikes in order to ensure a situation like yours does not take place again.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glenview, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I arrived there early monday couple hours before checkin in . Christine at the front desk was very nice enough to find a room and have me on my way. staff was extremely helpful nice clean room would recommend . Breakfast was a little limited but then i didnt come out there till 945 witch would wind down there breakfast menu.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Cristina greeted me at the front desk everyday with a smile and helped me with problem solving faxing important business forms. I did not get disturbed by daily house keeping, like at most hotels. I had quiet for goodnight sleeping and coffee in the lobby for mornings I had to rush out the door. I am looking forward to my next business in this area now, instead of dreading another irritating hotel stay. Thank you team at Extended Stay Huntington Beach.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel and the staff who manages it day-in and day-out. It is extremely rewarding to know that we were able to provide you with everything needed in order to make your stay an enjoyable one. My staff and I follow the company motto, "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Once again, from my staff and I, thank you for the positive feedback. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future or at any one of our other brand locations.
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The carpet is smelling, they do not service the rooms for 5 days, they have little breakfast by 7am it is all finished, they try to economize everything. The aircon is so noisy you cant even sleep. I will never recommend anybody to waste their money here, there are lot of better and cleaner hotels around at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition. We are looking into the other areas you touched upon as well in order to improve our overall offerings.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. With knowledge that we are making changes, I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts by staying with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was visiting from out of town on a corporate trip as I often do. I always stay at extended stay in HB. Love the quick check in and great service. Mitchell (The hotel Mgr) always has time to answer any questions and goes out of his way to make me feel like that special treated guest. :)

Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County – Huntington Beach. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to take a spontaneous road trip and ended up in HB. We searched for a hotel and found the Extended Stay in Huntington Beach. Having never stayed at this chain I really didnt know what to expect. I was very please with the amenities. the front desk staff were professional and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. The rooms was clean and spacious. The property it self was well maintained and quiet. Kudos to your management and staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County – Huntington Beach. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Pasadena, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Wow - where to begin? We checked in to room 238. It seemed clean. It was nice to have the kitchen and work areas. We were only there long enough to change into clothes to go to the rehearsal dinner we were hosting for our son's wedding. Returned to the room and it was cold so I went to turn on the heater. I had my back to it but mentioned to my husband that the heater really smelled awful - almost like someone had
urinated in it. I turned around and to my shock, burning embers were blowing out of the heater - it was ON FIRE. I turned it off (which stopped the embers, but then smoke started coming out) and quickly called the front desk while my husband grabbed up our brand new wedding clothes for the next day so the smoke at least wouldn't ruin them. We were grabbing up everything as fast as we could, not sure if the place was going to go up in flames. Two staff members came up immediately and checked the heater and unplugged it. They were very apologetic and told us they'd get us another room. (By the way, with all the smoke, no fire alarm ever went off.) By this time it was around midnight. We were moved to room 330, which smelled fine but had a horrible vibration in the walls. It was loud and the wall to the window was literally shaking. Fortunately, we had earplugs. We were exhausted and didn't have the energy to move everything a third time, but my husband did call down and insist that we get a refund, which, after a few phone calls, they agreed to. We did appreciate that. Then we sat on the bed and just doing that, it squeaked as if we were having some passionate fling. REALLY? We are both normal weight. Both beds were just as squeaky. I pulled back the bedspread and the sheets were all stained. I've included some pictures - they appeared to have been washed but sheets with these kinds of stains on them should have been thrown away. We stripped the bed to put the sheets on it from the other bed (didn't want to be right next to the vibrating wall) and discovered the condition of the mattresses - see pictures attached. It is a crying shame that a hotel in this nice an area which is central to so much would have been allowed to go so far downhill. We had stayed here before a few years ago and it appeared to be a good, clean, basic hotel - of course, we hadn't removed the sheets or turned on the heater during that visit.

Room Tip: The staff was actually very nice. I blame the management for not keeping a tighter rein on the clea...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County – Huntington Beach. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.
Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.
It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!