“Outstanding Thai cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Moraga, California
“Outstanding Thai cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We love Thai food and have been to Thailand so we feel like we can be a decent judge of Thai food and this restaurant serves great Thai food. I am not sure how the previous reviewer thought the food here was just fair (maybe there is a different chef for lunch). It is located in a strip mall which is typical in Southern California, but don't be put off by the exterior. The interior is nice (nothing fancy) and the waitstaff were also nice. Honestly the highlight here is the food. The panang beef is possibly the best panang beef I've ever had. The beef was tender and delicious. The Ga Pram Gow was also delicious. My husband loves spicy food and asked for it to be a 7 on a 1-10 spiciness scale and it was hot!. My son said the pork ribs were the best he has ever had. My other son had the combination pad thai which he said was also good. Again the beef in his pad thai was so tender and he said the shrimp and chicken were also good. The tom yum soup was also tasty. I only wish this restaurant was closer to our home because we would eat here weekly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Victorville, California
“Average Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had lunch at Silk Thai Cuisine today based on the glowing reviews on trip advisor. I don't know how they got such wonderful reviews. We ordered three entrees. They were all fair.
Nothing was outstanding. Food was warm not very hot. It seemed to me that the food was cooked prior to our ordering. I didn't see where the service was outstanding. It was OK. I would NOT go back. I would prefer to try to find a better restaurant. The price was reasonable...but
sometimes, you get what you pay for.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best Thai restaurants in operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wow!! I travel extensively, this is one of the best Thai restaurants I have ever eaten at.. The menu is colorful and explains all the ingredients and dishes. The staff are friendly and consultative. I had Pad Krapow with tofu and 7 on the chili scale. It was extraordinary I sweated the chili savored the basil and crunched the tofu. I can still taste it!!

Philadelphia
“A definite thumbs up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I love Thai food. That is why I was disappointed with the Royal Thai in Laguna Beach and posted last week on Tripadvisor. The name of this restaurant is catchy, but don't mistake it for elegant dining. It is in a strip shopping center and the interior is very basic. But I did not come for the atmosphere. What I got was really good Thai food with great service and an appreciative staff. I started with veggie rolls. A different twist from the deep fried veggie or spring rolls served in other Thai restaurants. These were fresh veggies rolled in a transluscent wrap, served cold with a very good Satay peanut sauce. A huge portion. I followed with my favorite, chicken massaman curry ($9.99). The dish was excellent as the chicken, onion, carrot and potatoes all stood on their own while immersed in a tasty yellow curry sauce. Those distinct tastes are what separate Thai from the other Asian cuisines, in my book. My wife had the catfish dish prepared with peppers and green beans in a spicy dark sauce ($13.99). She said it was great. My daughter enjoyed a medley of meats over a traditional pad thai noodles. ($11.99) The service was very friendly, attentive and helpful, The portions were large and everything seemed freshly prepared with fresh ingredients. Prices were incredibly reasonable. We dined as a late-lunch, early dinner around 4pm on a Saturday. There was no wait for a table. I would return here without hesitation. It is very convenient if you are staying in the Huntington Beach area and worth a few extra minutes drive if you are in the other towns around it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unwind after a day in this traffic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I am all over the States for work and rely on Tripadvisor to help me find a nice place to unwind. I was in the mood for Thai food and this was the highest rated Thai restaurant in HB, so I decided to try it. Being just a few doors down from a grocery store, the space is as the rest of the stores around it, small, but it is NOT like the usual "Asian Place in a shopping strip". I got the dinner special, which includes a small alcoholic beverage, salad, entre and desert. The complete price depended on what you add to the dish. I added mixed seafood (most expensive at $17.99). The dish was big and delicious and unlike most seafood dishes you get, it was actually packed with all sorts of goodies from the sea. Wait staff was so helpful! I love spicy food and was about to order a 9 on a scale of 1-10 but she recommended a 6, which ended up having the perfect after burn. All in all, after 16 hours in the field, no place better to unwind than a small, locally ownes place like this!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere