My wife and I stayed here last year. It was my wife's first trip to California and I had only to been to California once before for a very short stay. This hotel was close to where we needed to be, otherwise I don't know if I would have selected Huntington Beach as our location, not knowing the area. As it turned out, we loved it and were glad to be there. The hotel is clean and the pool area is very nice. The restaurant served quality food and the Sunday brunch was incredible. We were upgraded to a corner suite and it was a great room with wrap around balcony and a 2nd balcony. The only down side, were views of a some sort of factory or plant, but it in no way spoiled our room. There are other rooms that are on the side of the hotel, but I would request one that is directly in front of the hotel, as they offer nearly 180 degree ocean views.
We go to Mexico a lot, so this hotel offered a different beach experience than the resort type beaches. The photos on the website give the impression that the hotel is right on the beach, but what you don't see is the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) b/w the hotel and the beach. This was only a minor inconvenience. Crossing the PCH was not a challenge and there are stop walks on either end of the hotel. The beach is a city beach with parking on the street. We enjoyed the more bustling vibe of the beach, compared to the more sedate resort beaches. We rented bikes from the hotel and rode to Newport Beach. It's an easy and enjoyable ride.
The pool area was quiet, but not too quiet. There were some guided pool area "activities" which I found to be amusing, as I had not seen that before at a hotel in America. Beach gear was easy to borrow, and there were activities that could be purchased. We didn't bring our kids on this trip, but I think we could easily keep them entertained at the pool and beach areas. Plus there is shopping and the pier is close by.
Before arriving at the hotel, we spent the day in LA proper, and I can honestly say that we will probably not be doing any more sight seeing in LA (LA proper that is). Huntington Beach and neighboring Newport Beach were much more our style, laid back and relaxed. Overall, we really enjoyed the hotel, and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel is located on the picturesque coastline of Southern California, in the heart of Surf City USA™ in Huntington Beach, California. Book a room or oceanview suite and enjoy proximity to Disneyland(R) Resort, Knott's Berry Farm and the Aquarium of the Pacific. Join us for lunch or dinner at the famous Shades Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waterfront Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hilton Huntington Beach
- Hilton Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort