“Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   21100 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648-5307   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Eat, Sleep, Surf and Park
Poole, United Kingdom
“Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort for 5 nights during our honeymoon. There were a number of issues that arose throughout our stay but the staff at the hotel were quick to deal with all of them. They went above and beyond with their customer service. I have to admit one of the main reasons I chose to stay at this hotel was because I had seen the hotel manager had responded to reviews on trip advisor. I thought if they have the time to do that then the hotel must be good and they didn't disappoint. The only reson I have not given it 5* is because the valet parking is pretty steep at $26 a night with no option to park your own car and the internet is charged at $13 a day. Other than that we had a great stay and
Shades restaurant was very nice and I would recommend eating there. The little surf cafe is also very nice and provide good snack lunches and cocktails.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

648 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a treasure! This hotel is the one for you if you love to be pampered, enjoy numerous emenities, and love the beach. This hotel is located right across the street from the beach. The hotel restuarant is excellent! Room service was prompt and delicious. The pool was like a tropical oasis, with draped beds outside for you to enjoy. The staff was helpful and nice. The rooms are decorated very nice and beds are comfortable. The price is a little high but you definately get what you pay for. High end toiletries in the bathroom, don't drink the bottled water unless you wont to pay $6.95. There is a Starbuck less then a mile away. Great location to restaurants and beach activities. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent, the service was wonderful, friendly and professional. Shades Restaurant was very enjoyable on the first night of arrival, good food, service and ambiance was lovely- to sit outside, enjoy the ocean breeze, fire pit and look over the pool to the Pacific. Room service was good, the hotel is spotless, a total success!

Room Tip: If you have the choice, pic the Sunset Rooms that look up toward the Huntington Beach Pier.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

just returned from a 10 day stay at this hotel. It was my second trip there in three months. My first trip was in May/June. I had such an enjoyable time, I stayed for three weeks. Everything in this hotel is excellent: the rooms are nicely appointed as well as much larger and quieter than any other hotel that I have ever been at; the location could not be any better, it’s right across from the beach and less than a mile from town; activities galore. If an evening beach fire with smores, hotdogs and champagne appeals to you, the hotel has all of the supplies necessary for your romantic evening. Lastly, but most importantly, the service at this hotel is superb. Each and every staff member goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and enjoy your time with them. You will be treated as royalty. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to LA or Orange County. I WILL be back. Thank you everyone, Great Job!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

we enjoyed four nights at this hotel and it was even nicer not to have paid for it due to points on my american express card!! Its right across the street from the beach in huntingdon beach calif home of the surfers!! We dined for breakfast a few mornings in the shades restaurant there at the hotel and the food is quite good. Very clean, the pool area is average size with bar and food service available. My only disappoint came from the fact they only have valet parking at 26.00 a day!! I find that quite high esp that you have to tip the valet driver. Felt really great being in such a lovely place the exterior is sharp looking I would go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with pool /ocean view. ours was on the 10th floor. I always ask if there is any const...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bakersfield,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I actually just got back from this place yesterday and couldnt wait to do a review on it. I went with 2 other girls for a friend trip. From the moment you get there everything is pretty much just handed to you. We were there an hour before check in and it wasnt even a problem, they looked up a room that was ready and put us in it. Most hotels I go to make you wait. When I got in the room I noticed we would need more towels, no sooner did I hang up the phone requesting them,someone was at my door with them. This seemed to be the trend when I called for an extra bath robe and pair of slippers,also when it was time to take our luggage downstairs.
Our room had an amazing ocean view along with a view of the pool. We all sat by pool drinking bloody mary's and it was the best bloody mary I have ever had in my life. I would stay here just for that drink!
One of the best parts was, this hotel provides you rides free of charge down to Main street. They also pick you up free of charge until 10pm. If its after 10, the cab ride was only $4.90.

Room Tip: From what I understand,all rooms are Ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lovely hotel located in a great spot; it's an easy walk accross the street to the beach.
Rooms are nicely appointed and spotlessly clean, with great amenities. I really liked the hardwood floors too; very clean and neat. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Parking prices are a little steep, and the restaurant service was friendly but a little "off"... my dining companion and I wanted to split some dishes, and they just brought extra plates that were awkwardly sized, they brought the wrong wine ( and charged us for more expensive) and forgot to add our discount coupon even though we pointed it out. Other than that, great experience. I'd defiintely come again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort? Share your experiences!