“Love the ocean view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   21100 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648-5307   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Eat, Sleep, Surf and Park
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Long Beach, California
“Love the ocean view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I live in So Cal so it's very rare I stay in a hotel near home but it was worth it for our girls trip. I loved the understated and yet very cool beachy ambience throughout the hotel. The staff is beyond friendly from the valet to room service to and restaurant staff to the cleaning staff. Every single staff member had a smile on their face which can make or break a hotel in my opinion. I wish the hotel had a spa but I hear they are building one soon. In no way should that be a deal breaker since you have the beach right across the street.

• Stayed May 2012
Scott O, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear tpackman,

Thank you for choosing The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel, for your stay. I am so glad to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations... and those smile, 100% authentic! The staff here rarely turns over and we enjoy providing you with excellent service. It truly does make our day when YOU are happy with us, so on behalf of the entire crew, :-) !

Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Denver,CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Our room was overlooking the pool however ALL of the rooms on the north side face the pool and the Huntington Beach pier. Night woes were awesome but in the morning, watching the surfers was great! Restaurant was good, bar at night was fun, deli was poorly stocked, beautiful pool and hot tub. Once you get off the hotel grounds, wifi is all over. The hotel wants $12.95 for Internet. Valet at $26/day (good and prompt service). It seemed they nickel and dimed for everything including extra chocolates at the turn down service after the first night and a paper after the first day too. Walk across the street to the beach. Rent bikes on the east side of the Huntington Pier about 3 blocks inland. $7/day compared to $30 at the hotel. Ride to Newport Beach and have a decent dinner at the Crab Cooker! Fun time. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2012
Scott O, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Longfortropics,

Thank you so much for making us a part of your stay here at the Waterfront Beach Resort. I have sent your comment on to our Surf Hero Market manager to make certain we are more prompt in keeping our deli stocked (especailly during such busy times as your stay). We wish you and yours all the best and look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Millsap, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Myself, friend and service dog stayed at the Hilton waterfront for 2 days. We were treated so well. Help was there at all times, no one ever ignored us or treated us badly in any way. ALL staff was wonderful, helpful and always willing to help. The food was fantastic, and we had the best time in total comfort. The beds.....oh what comfort, large rooms, can't brag about the Hotel or staff enough.

We say a very sincere Thank you to all!!
Debbie Z, Cynthia and Bear :)

Room Tip: We were in rm 920 with an awesome view of the ocean front and it was gorgeous!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bear (and Debbie),

We could not have been more pleased to have all of you here at the resort with us during your visit to Huntington Beach. Bear was such a loveable dog...and quite the hit with both the staff and locals alike. Please know that we would love to have all back anytime you hunger for the Pacific. The Waterfront Beach Resort will keep Bear's dish and snacks handy!

Many thanks,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Super clean rooms, comfortible beds & pillows, friendly staff and beautiful views. Easy walking distance to beach, restaurants and night life. Made for a lovely place to stay while on my last business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms with views are great but I chose a lesser expensive room and walked to the beach for my views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear JulesJim B,

Thank you so much for your kind words... you thrilled our operations staff! As they like to say, please come back and then let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed there for one night before moving as this is the worst service we have ever had in the US.
We arrived by super shuttle from LA International. Concierge found his magazine far more interesting than helping with our luggage and I eventually found a trolley and loaded it myself.
At the check in we were the only people there, but both staff were more interested in their computer screen for around 10 minutes before finally asking if they could help us.
Breakfast was included in the booking, but we were expecting a bit better than a coffee and an apple from the take away shop. Even internet was an extra cost. They have a nice bar there which served good meals. The next day we left this Hilton with the same level of assistance and moved to the Sheraton in San Diego which was excellent with great friendly service. We had prebooked the Hilton in Ft Lauderdale for a couple of weeks later, but fortunately that hotel bore no resemblance to the one in Huntington Beach.

Room Tip: Low floors overlooking pool is noisy and balcony is cramped. Ask for an ocean view if possible
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott O, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Peter D.,

The Waterfront Beach Resort takes very seriously any guest complaint or service issue and promptly directs any corrective actions that needs to be taken by our team. While incidents such as the failures in service you mentioned here are very rare here at the resort, they are none the less a concern to everyone who works within our walls, most especially our executive team.

We always appreciate any feedback and are committed to our core mission of giving all of our guests the "wow" experiences we are all trained to provide. Our standard proceedure in this event would be to immediately call together the team members or departments in question and find out what may have happened here during your stay. This action will be carried out today by our front office staff.

That said, if you ever in the area again, I would like the opportunity to personally see to your stay with us. I hope the rest of your time spent in Huntington Beach, California was an enjoyable one.Again, I sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire hotel operation for your experience and would be grateful for the opportunity to make this right . Please never hesitate to let any of us know if there is anything else we could do for you. It would be our (and my) pleasure to assist you.

The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton hotel
Branchburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This Hilton does it right. From the time we checked in until we checked out, everyone was pleasant and friendly. I felt like they truly valued me as a guest. Housekeeping was outstanding. Our room was clean and with turn-down service our room was refreshed and restocked at night. The pool service was couldn't have been better. The service was prompt. The concierge staff was helpful in arranging a car service to take us to various places.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LiJo4145,

Thank you so much for chosing The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel, for your stay in Huntington Beach. We all look forward to the day of your return and i can assure you, the same friendly faces and attentive service will be waiting for you as well. Have a wonderful summer!

Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

While staying at the Hilton Waterfront my MP3 player was stolen out of my room. I came back to my room to find the maid in there and my MP3 player gone. Some type of manager was called, but he obviously had little authority, and even more obviously was simply trying to get me to go away. Finally security was called and I was able to speak to someone with the title of Director of Risk Management. This man, while being polite, was also trying to get me to just go away. He said no one other than the maid had been in my room, and he trusted the maid completely. I told him that I wasn't trying to accuse anyone, only laying out the simple facts: my MP3 player was in my room, and now it is not. He told me he didn't know what else he could do for me. Are you telling me that a multinational resort chain like the Hilton has no protocol for when property goes missing from a guest's room? Finally when it became clear that I wasn't just going to drop it, I was allowed to fill out an incident report. To his credit the Director ran a key check on my room. Turns out someone called a room supervisor had been in my room about 30 min. before I discovered my MP3 player was missing. No reason was given for why this person should have been in my room, and when asked the Director could give me no clear answer. I was told that sometimes items get bundled in with the laundry, and that's what may have happened to my MP3 player. Since the Hilton Waterfront has a massive amount of laundry to do, I was told it'd probably take 2 days for them to go through it all. I went home, waited 3 days, and called them to see if my property had been found. No, my MP3 player had not turned up, and it was unlikely at this point that it would turn up. When I asked the Director how the Hilton planned to compensate me, I was told that the Hilton did not compensate guests for items which had been "left behind". I reminded the Director that he knew very well that my property had not been "left behind", that it had in fact disappeared from my room. He told me that nevertheless I would not be compensated. Now when I call the Director he does not pick up, and when I call the front desk they direct my call to security, and no one picks up. The Hilton's response to my complaint seemed specifically designed not to help me to recover my property, but rather to discourage me from making a fuss about it. I will not be staying at the Hilton Waterfront, or any Hilton for that matter, again. My suggestion to you is that if you value your property you should not stay at the Hilton Waterfront. And if you absolutely must stay there, then bring your valuables with you when you leave your room.

Room Tip: No room is safe to leave your valuables in.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Casey B.,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the report of your lost or stolen MP3 player during your recent stay here at The Waterfront Beach Resort. I was made aware of your issue soon after it had been reported to our Director of Risk Management and I am sincerely sorry that we were unable to immediately resolve this incident to your satisfaction. I can assure you that the safety and security of our guests (and their personal belongings) are of the utmost priority here at the resort and all Hilton Hotels world-wide. In fact, the Hilton Corporation several years ago mandated that every guest be provided with access to either a personal in-room safe (or a secure safety box area) at no charge to you, the guest. The Waterfront also has many more safety and security measures in place including fully monitored and video surveillance of the property, electronic key entry and muti-lock guestroom doors, state of the art fire suppression and alarm systems, mandated and ongoing safety and security training for all of our associates, and much more.

Additionally, we are also bound by the laws of the city, county, and State of California and as such, without positive proof a loss has occurred or a crime has been committed, we cannot make any false accusations in any direction. In a case such as yours, we strongly encourage you to file a report with the Huntington Beach Police Department, with whom we work very closely. You can reach the HBPD at 714.960.8811. If you have insurance covering personal belongings, be sure to file a claim with them as well.

We will continue to vigilantly watch for your missing MP3 player to turn up and promptly notify you when it does. In the past we have been able to return lost computers, phones, jewelry, loose diamonds, cash... you name it, we've found it and returned it! Personally, I know how much a music or data player can mean to someone, so I will be sure to follow up with our Director of Risk Management as well and check on the progress of his team’s search.

In the meantime, feel free to call upon me here at the hotel and let me know if there is any other assistance I may provide. I am at your service.

Scott O’Hanlon
The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel

Been to Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort? Share your experiences!