“beachfront paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort

You added Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   21100 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92648-5307   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Eat, Sleep, Surf and Park
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Irvine, California
“beachfront paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

What a memorable experience to stay in Orange County! This was our first time at the Waterfront Hilton and lets just say we would go back in a heartbeat for our next trip to the OC! We found the service to be great, a very friendly staff as well as great food at the restaraunt Shades! The proximity to the beach and downtown HB couldnt be any better either. Definitely recommend Waterfront Hilton!!

Room Tip: Room with an Ocean View of course!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel the end of April for two nights. I could have stayed at the Hyatt next door (where the conference I was attending was held), but I need two more stays to get Diamond status back, so I paid the higher price.

Unbeknownst to me, I was upgraded to an oceanview room, the cost of which was $20 more per night. When you are paying $259/night when you could get a room at the Hyatt for under $200, any additional cost really stands out. I thought something was off when I got home, so I looked at my reservation confirmation and saw I paid the extra $20/night. I contacted the hotel and was told that I was told the upgrade would cost more. I was never told I was getting an upgrade, only that a room on the 10th (or 12th?) floor wasn't ready, but they had something on the 4th floor. No mention that the room that was ready cost more and I would be charged accordingly.

I am sure these conversations happen all the time and the person I dealt with reversed the charges. I didn't appreciate, though, being told in an e-mail that, again, the price I was charged was for an Oceanview room and not the lower priced Gardenview room. Duh. That's why I was calling them in the first place. Don't keep telling me why. You are turning into being my fault.

My "corrected" invoice now has an additional $33.60 being charged. I wrote back asking what that was and if they could provide me with a total amount charged so I can submit my expense report.. They said "Hilton being charged $33.60 and your credit card credited of $33.60." Nope. No credit, just the charge. Left a voice mail to get this taken care of. No response on a total amount.

Overall, the hotel was very nice, but until I can get a corrected invoice, with an actual total amount they charged my credit card, I cannot give them a higher rating and I cannot recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Fantastic location in the Surf City!! You are in front of Pacific Ocean in a very confortable hotel. Very nice relaxing area and good food!! Perfect to stay close to Los Angeles but in a better location!! You are on the Pacific Coast highway and it is perfect to drive to south trhough Newport beach...till Sand Diego. If you are a surfer you are on heaven!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

still in two minds about this place..
rooms were OK, i guess.. seemed a bit dated..
in room fridge was empty, and it stank so bad that i couldn't even keep anything in there..
shower was barely useable..
buffet breakfast was a total joke.. truly awful..
i only used about 2 of my tokens ( from 10 )
really, there wasn't much to this hotel at all..
bare and not really looked after..
staff were all friendly etc..
location isn't really beach front..
i dunno.. i guess overall just not worth the price they were charging.. 285 usd / night for what was really just a room with nothing special about it at all..
oh, and they didn't even have 24 hr room service !!! that sure did annoy me.. had to order out from some local fast food joint..
shame on you hilton hotels..
also, whats with this paying for the internet BS ??
crazy..

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

We just returned from a terrific long weekend at our favorite beach vacation spot, The Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort. We have found springtime is a great time to visit Huntington Beach, because the weather is sunny, the beach is wide open and there aren't a lot of crowds. The Hilton was bright and sunny too, with an Easter egg hunt held for the kids Sunday morning. We relaxed alot, and ordered room service for several meals. Every time the order was perfect, the food was great and it arrived earlier than promised. There are always plenty of great local restaurants nearby. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and to us that says this must be a good place to work, where they really care about the guest experience. One day our entire family rented bikes and just rode up and down the boardwalk Two other days we just hung out on the beach, flying kites, digging in the sand, throwing a baseball around and just relaxing reading our books. The Hilton is a consistently beautiful, clean and freindly beach resort that we always look forward to visiting.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The Hilton Waterfront is a beautiful hotel that is not pretentious or "stuffy." It provides amazing amenities but still feels extremely comfortable. The rooms are big, clean, and well appointed. The pool is dreamy...the view is breathtaking.

An added note, the staff is polite, friendly and extremely helpful.

6 ****** if I can give it!

Room Tip: Prepare to stay longer...it's amazing here!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed at the Waterfront Hilton for my son's wedding. It was incredilbe! The location is awesome, right accross the street from the ocean, the service was so friendly and immediate, the rooms were beautiful and clean! I was so impressed, as all of our family and friends that also stayed at the Waterfront Hilton for the weekend! I would highly recommend the Waterfront! The location is walking distance to town and you have the Pacific Ocean right accross the street with bike paths and great surf! Highly recommed and we will be back soon!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
hiltonhb, Manager at Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for the complimentary comments regarding your recent stay here. We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay!

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort? Share your experiences!