“Veteran Friendly Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 hotels in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach, California
“Veteran Friendly Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I'd like to provide all with my experience but more importantly my brothers and sisters that have served and/or still serving. The staff at this location respect and honor our veterans... all of us without prejudice. They go above and beyond... and that is not a statement used lightly in my book. This is my 4th stay here... the welcome back is like coming home! Army strong and proud of it.

Room Tip: Talk to the reception staff... if you have a personal need/request they will do the best they can to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2013

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lake Forest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a 2/3 star Hotel & I feel that it is accurately rated as such. I have no specific issues with this property as I got just what I expected from a Hotel of this caliber. The room was clean & furnished comfortably, we had a king bed & sofa bed (we did not test the comfort of this). There is microwave, coffee maker etc which is always a valuable addition to any room. The property offers free internet connection, we had a room to the back of the property (3rd- top) floor & had no issues with connectivity. The pool was heated just right & was clean. Parking is free & there were enough spaces. Breakfast is included & serves the usual assortment of bakery products, scrambled eggs & bacon, juice & coffee. Again just as you would expect from this type of Hotel. Check-in was very slow as there was only 1 person available to help guests. Check out was quick & easy. Things to take note of. If you are not familiar with the area be sure you realize where this property is located. It is within the city boundaries of Huntington Beach but is nowhere near the ocean. It is on a very busy road. Advantages are that access to the 405 freeway is easy & the property is surrounded by shops & restaurants, the free parking, internet, breakfast & pool. Dis advantages, place is currently being remodeled so there is construction going on & you may be very unhappy if you have not checked how far away the ocean is.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, There is an elevator & top floor always mean no stomping feet noise from...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We picked the hotel because of its proximity to the nearby memorial gardens, Disney (10 miles), and Huntington/Newport Beaches (12 miles). This hotel was listed as a 2 1/2 star, but let me tell you it is a 2 star hotel. The entire exterior of the hotel was under renovations while we were there however I hardly ever saw anyone working??? I guess they are in no hurry to complete. The hotel room did have a small fridge (bonus), and the beds were comfy and clean. However for 2 adults and 2 young kids we stayed in a King and a sofa sleeper room and it was super tight. No where to put one of the bags except lay it down in front of the door, which was inconvenient. Also the bathroom was configured weird where when you open the door it was so tight that it smashed into the counter. That was my biggest complaint... just a very small room. The hotel did offer a nice warm breakfast every morning which is another reason we picked it. So we could save $20 every morning on food. They had waffle makers, warm eggs, bacon or sausage, cereal, etc... The breakfast attendant was on her game making sure food was stocked. That was nice. It seemed like there were enough tables when we were there to accommodate. I'm sure it gets a lot busier in the summer. This hotel is in an OK neighborhood for this part of town... I know it has a Huntington Beach address, but really it is only like 1 mile from the city of Westminster, and 10 miles from the "Huntington Beach" that everyone knows....don't be fooled. There is a park a few hundred yards west that we took are kids to once to play on the playground. There is a target and Starbucks across the street. Everything you need is in very close proximity. We drove to Disney one morning; it was about 15 min drive with no traffic. Check in staff was very nice,

Room Tip: Suggest a room away from the main road "Beach Blvd", and away from the Jack in the Box tha...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear ,

We ask you to accept our apologies if our remodeling projects has caused your family any inconveniences.

Bright, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We prebooked this hotel under the impression it was close to the beach and town centre. Nothing could be more misleading. We drove into the car park and turned around. There was a guy smoking cigarettes outside, the place looked run down and was on a busy main road MILES from the beach or town centre. Expedia was told immediately but could not get us a full refund which is very poor. We were fortunate to find other accomodation in a location we wanted but the experience with this hotel really disappointed us. Not a good hotel for the tourist.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear,

Please accept our apologies. Every web sites including expedia we always informed about location that we are five miles from the beach. We never advertise any misleading information. We wish you come back with us.

G.M
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

They were remodeling during our stay but, kept things clean, dust free and orderly. Breakfast was very good with my fav, a waffle machine and they also had hot items, bacon, sausage, eggs, and hot cereal. Much better than a continental breakfast. The room was already updated and very clean. Staff was helpful and very friendly. I close to many locations. I would stay again if I needed to be in Cali again.

Room Tip: More for your money a guarantee. I'm a 5 star person but for the money, this was more than adequ...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CSHB12, Manager at Comfort Suites Huntington Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was the WORST experience we have ever had with a hotel in all of our years traveling. Not only was the first room filthy and disgusting with feet marks on the walls all around the bed, filthy carpet, and a sink that didn't drain, we also did not have high speed internet for 2 of the 4 days we stayed! I booked this room specifically because of the internet and quality of the rooms. the lady who handled our complaint that morning was very helpful, actually the only pleasant staff we had contact with at the hotel. I was very disappointed already at this point though because I booked for 4 days. The second room was not that bad, but not the greatest either. It at least did not have black carpet or feet marks all around bed.
Finally the worst of the worst was the last night I stayed there when we had already had a hectic day at Disneyland. I came back to the hotel to witness an altercation taking place in the parking lot between a man and a woman. The woman was trying to get into her car and he was chasing her screaming at her with a machete sized knife in his hand. He was hitting the knife on the window and then jumped on the hood and started slamming the knife on the hood of the car. She was swaying her vehicle erratically trying to get him off of it. I watched her pull out of the parking lot and then they started screaming at each other on the street. I went in the room and dialed "0" to report to the desk what was going on. The man who worked the desk answered the phone and his immediate response was "What do you want me to do about it? It's not my responsibility to report it if you witnessed it. You need to call them." I was beyond livid and this point and went down to the desk to confront him. While down there he was on the phone with 911. He angrily handed me the phone and proceeded to yell at me in the background while I was on the phone with the dispatcher. As I am trying to tell her the story he is in the background yelling" It's your responsibility, not mine. I cannot see a damn thing from where I am sitting (behind the desk). IF that lady dies tonight YOU are responsible for her death! You have to report it." I continued to give the report to the women and then left the office. I was so appalled, I am on vacation and should not have to deal with this drama, the front desk should have. They have cameras I do not know how they could not have seen all of this going on. I watched the police show up and talk to the suspects. They made the woman leave and let the man come back onto hotel property WHERE HE WAS STAYING! The hotel didn't even kick them out after all of this disruption to myself and other guests. The car that the woman was driving was there the next morning as well. I tried to tell the man at the desk when we left but he didn't care. So I got the managers number who apologized and offered a 30% discount on out stay (It has almost been a week and I have yet to see ANY MONEY back on my card!) I called corporate and filed a formal complaint against this hotel! DO NOT STAY HERE! IT IS NOT WORTH THE PROBLEMS OR THE MONEY!!!!! YOU WOULD BE HAPPIER AT A LOWER END MOTEL WHICH IS HALF THE PRICE WITH HALF THE PROBLEMS!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms! The first was on the second floor, tiny cramped and disgusting! Then we got a room o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

OKLAHOMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was semi stranded here after hotels.com wrecked my reservations & didn't refund money fast enough on my visa. This hotel got me a room, beautiful suite, staff very helpful. I am from Oklahoma so didn't know the are. The area is safe. Other than a parking issue while construction is going on for underground parking lot...I managed! My room is wonderful...very spacious. Breakfast is plentiful with good seating are. Coffee ROCKED! Little extras like popcorn machine and water with fruit upon arrival is a nice touch after driving CA freeways for hours. The maids are friendly and everyone greats you with a smile and warm welcome or Good Morning. I HIGHLY recommend staying here. This may not have been as close to my family as I planned but I am very happy. They are renovating...be happy for a clean room away from home. Also...they have a computer and printer set up in the lobby which was a big plus since I forgot my insurance verification form and needed it fast! Thank Staff...you were a bright spot on this trip

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

714-841-1812

Been to Comfort Suites Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!