“Great place to stay, with great staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Huntington Surf Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huntington Beach
Huntington Surf Inn
720 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648   |
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay, with great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

If you are looking for a cost effective place to stay within walking distance of the restaurants, bars and beaches then the Surf Inn is excellent. Julie & James are really nice people and nothing is too much trouble.
Mr Chris Gurr
London England

Room Tip: Just Ask.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

A nice gem of an inn in an unbeatable location. I was on the beach within a few minutes of my arrival. Room 9 was fantastic, with a great view. Also, the materials in this room were ecologically sustainable. The "green" nature of the room was inspiring and the integration of the ecological concepts into the room decor by the HGTV Designer Antonio Ballatore was innovative. Service was great. My room was always clean and airy.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The hotel has a perfect location to surf and visit Huntington Beach.
The rooms decoration are pretty cool.
The staff is very friendly and polite
The only one thing to improve the service is to clean the room everyday, or at least each 2 days.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This hotel is fabulous! Each room is different. Very hip. We stayed in room 7 with the blue-sea painted walls and beautiful over sized paintings. But we could have stayed in the Jimi Hendrix room, or the black room with a crystal chandelier! The beds and linens were super comfy. The european style bathroom has a huge shower and the towels are not skimpy. The managers were extremely friendly and gave us some pointers for local restaurants and attractions. (my favorite attraction was the roof top deck over looking the Pacific, perfect !) I cannot say enough about this place. I am well traveled and have seen plenty of hotel rooms that cannot compare. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2010
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My brother and I traveled to Southern California to surf, we stayed at a few places up and down the coast and this was by far my favorite place. I had stayed at the best western next door a few years back, however this trip the woman at the front desk couldn't have been less helpful or acted less enthused for my business. I went accross the street and it was the complete opposite. Recently under new management and the couple that runs the place couldn't have been more kind to us. Everything inside and outside the room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the room was well maintained. The location and the staff is well worth the price (which is cheaper then their next door neighbor), so I would highly recommend the Surf's Inn. I will be going back again.

• Stayed October 2010
Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I were there last weekend for a short romantic getaway. I was very pleased that the newly remodeled inn was very clean and had friendly & courteous staff. From what I hear all the rooms had different decor and paint colors. Our room was absolutely gorgeous....and totally unexpected! We had the elegant black and red room with the chandelier. Needless to say it fits in with our weekend theme. Our room had new furniture, beautiful comtemporary art decor, fresh paint, new beds & mattresses (I would be back just to sleep on the mattress-it was ultra comfortable), and clean carpeting. And, the ocean was just across the street! We would definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
palmsprings CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

We arrived just a few days after the new management had gotten there, and they were really doing a bang up job with renovating the quant hotel. Everything was new, from beds, carpet, paint, walk in showers, bathrooms. It was so clean and fresh. Truc, Julia, and James couldn't have been friendlier, nicer hosts. They always wanted to know if they could help us with anything. The rooms are a bit retro, and a bit beach, targeting a slightly younger crowd (under 60) and just really cool vibe going on there. I would recommend this comfortable little inn highly. And the location--OMG a block from everything--downtown, beach, restaurants. And loved the parking under the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Huntington Surf Inn? Share your experiences!