“great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Lancaster, California
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place was great they had nice big clean rooms comfortable beds they were family friendly and their internet was high speed unlike other places I've been . they also have affordable prices and they are close to the beach and tons of restaurants . they have a deck with seats to smoke if desired . The staff was very nice and helpful. i would definitely book another room for a family trip .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The room and bed were clean and comfortable. Internet access fine once they had sorted the codes out. Pity the shower didn't work, and obviously hadn't for ages and ages. Spoke to another guest whose shower also did not work. Owners said they would fix it. Although they were very nice I did not believe them.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not need a shower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel has no Pacific View. The webpage photos are deceptive, leading you to believe you can see the ocean from this hotel. you cannot. There is a solid wall of 3 and 4 story high buildings directly across the road from this hotel, blocking all view. When I called to ask for an ocean view room the woman on the phone said you can't see the ocean from the 2nd floor but you can from the 3rd. I asked for a 3rd floor room. She said she reserved me one. When I got there I was told my room was on the 2nd floor and I asked for the 3rd floor ocean view room I had been promised. the man at the desk said there is no ocean view from any room, take it or leave it. It was 9 pm and I was tired and hungry so I stayed there, giving them $168 for a room worth about $80. Don't go to this deceptive place where the staff does not care if they tell the truth or not.

Room Tip: There is no elevator and there is no ocean view. It is in a busy crowded area of PCH nearly in Seal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Upon check in the staff was very polite, there is no elevator but let's face it, we could all use exercise! The room was very nice, looks like new carpet and paint. Bed was excellent! Great nights sleep. The window didn't lock, but on the third floor it didn't bother me at all, there is some road noise but nothing that really bothered me, the floor is slanted, but once again nothing that bothered me. I would stay here again on my next trip, the price is right and location is excellent! It says a no smoking facility but on the small deck there was a man that was smoking, but there was no smell of any sort in my room, no sign of bugs either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I love the colored walls definatly brings life to the Room and smelled very nice! Also the lady in the office was awesome! The only but biggest problem for me is the internet is way too slow! The upload speed was 0.12 Which is incredibley too slow for me to work! The upload must be at least a 1.0 mega bite per sec. So looks like i got to check out now! HUGE HUGE HUGE BUMMER!!! Cause i love the rooms!! Damn.

• Stayed January 2013
Vacaville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was keeping my expectations for this hotel relatively low considering I booked the room on booking.com for only $45 a night; pretty much all that my boyfriend and I wanted was a place to sleep and get ready before/after sightseeing in the Huntington Beach area.

Upon check in, I was surprised at the quality of the room for the price. Clean, updated liens, mini fridge and microwave in room, and even a flat screen TV. There was some minor paint chips and cracks on the walls, but nothing unexpected from an older hotel.

My boyfriend and I dropped off our luggage, and decided to head out to watch the sunset and grab dinner at one of the nearby restaurants.

When we got back to the room at about 10 PM, I wanted to jump in the shower before heading to bed. To my surprise, when I went to turn on the water, there was literally only drops of water coming out. I wasn't even able to pull up the tab to start the shower because the lack of pressure. My boyfriend and I immediately called the front desk.

The owner of the hotel then came to our room to investigate the cause of the shower issue. After looking at the shower, the owner concluded he would be back in a few minutes to try fix the problem. At this point, it was nearly 11 o'clock and my boyfriend and I requested that we be switched to a room with a working shower, as it was getting late. The owner's response was that he did not have another room to switch us too, and since we had only paid $45 for the room he would only be able to give us half of our money back if we wanted a refund. He then left our room slamming the door behind him.

My boyfriend and I immediately grabbed our belongings and made our way to the front desk. I demanded a refund for my full $45, only to be argued with by the owner saying that we had "stayed" there (despite it was only for about 6 hours) and therefore we only were owned half of our money back. After several minutes of going back and fourth with the owner, his wife finally came fourth and refunded us for our full booking price. She then slammed the window in our faces and said we were "blacklisted" from the hotel.

I was completely mortified by the customer service this hotel provided in regards to the shower issue. Just because I booked the room through a third party website for a low rate, doesn't mean you can put me in a non-operating room and refuse to refund my money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It is a five minute walk to SUNSET BEACH, which is fine, but we had a car so we drove the 8 minles to Huntington Beach. Its all sand and water, but we wanted to see it. The rooms are $60 a night so you cant be terribly picky people! This is why we picked it! And I've stayed in $600 roms before so I know the differences in prices. The beds and sheets are clean, the jet tub needed to be manually plugged with a plastic bag and it was LOUD but it worked fine, free wifi, free parking, easy check in check out, 2 great restarant within walking distance-The harbor cafe and woody's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific View Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!