“Stay Somewhere Else-Not Worth the Trouble” 1 of 5 stars

Pacific View Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16220 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92649   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Vacaville, California
“Stay Somewhere Else-Not Worth the Trouble”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was keeping my expectations for this hotel relatively low considering I booked the room on booking.com for only $45 a night; pretty much all that my boyfriend and I wanted was a place to sleep and get ready before/after sightseeing in the Huntington Beach area.

Upon check in, I was surprised at the quality of the room for the price. Clean, updated liens, mini fridge and microwave in room, and even a flat screen TV. There was some minor paint chips and cracks on the walls, but nothing unexpected from an older hotel.

My boyfriend and I dropped off our luggage, and decided to head out to watch the sunset and grab dinner at one of the nearby restaurants.

When we got back to the room at about 10 PM, I wanted to jump in the shower before heading to bed. To my surprise, when I went to turn on the water, there was literally only drops of water coming out. I wasn't even able to pull up the tab to start the shower because the lack of pressure. My boyfriend and I immediately called the front desk.

The owner of the hotel then came to our room to investigate the cause of the shower issue. After looking at the shower, the owner concluded he would be back in a few minutes to try fix the problem. At this point, it was nearly 11 o'clock and my boyfriend and I requested that we be switched to a room with a working shower, as it was getting late. The owner's response was that he did not have another room to switch us too, and since we had only paid $45 for the room he would only be able to give us half of our money back if we wanted a refund. He then left our room slamming the door behind him.

My boyfriend and I immediately grabbed our belongings and made our way to the front desk. I demanded a refund for my full $45, only to be argued with by the owner saying that we had "stayed" there (despite it was only for about 6 hours) and therefore we only were owned half of our money back. After several minutes of going back and fourth with the owner, his wife finally came fourth and refunded us for our full booking price. She then slammed the window in our faces and said we were "blacklisted" from the hotel.

I was completely mortified by the customer service this hotel provided in regards to the shower issue. Just because I booked the room through a third party website for a low rate, doesn't mean you can put me in a non-operating room and refuse to refund my money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It is a five minute walk to SUNSET BEACH, which is fine, but we had a car so we drove the 8 minles to Huntington Beach. Its all sand and water, but we wanted to see it. The rooms are $60 a night so you cant be terribly picky people! This is why we picked it! And I've stayed in $600 roms before so I know the differences in prices. The beds and sheets are clean, the jet tub needed to be manually plugged with a plastic bag and it was LOUD but it worked fine, free wifi, free parking, easy check in check out, 2 great restarant within walking distance-The harbor cafe and woody's.

Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights, but only ended up staying one night because the room was uncomfortably sub-standard. The carpet was filthy, damp, loose, and actually torn up between the bed and the wall. The light in the bathroom did not work, the paint job was haphazard, and there were stains on the curtains and lampshade. The furniture in the room was beaten up. There was no safety lock on the hotel room door. I booked a reservation at a different hotel for the second night even though I was not given a refund for the night I didn't stay. You will be sadly disappointed if you stay here! Pay extra for a nicer hotel!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is decent. It is clean accept for carpet. Service was okay. Maids gave you everything you need. The management is strict about any foul play. You do feel.safe here. Its very close to beach Huntington and Seal Beach. They even provide deodorant for you. Each room does have a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed October 2012
washgirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The bed, toilet, bathtub, and sink were clean....that is it! This was the grossest place I have been in a long time. It wouldn't take much effort (or cost) to clean the carpets (after you replace these nasty ones) I was in hotel for less then 8hrs.....6 of them sleeping....and my socks were so disgusting and black. The tops of all furniture has a layer of dust and even the tiny bit of bathroom floor gets neglected....It met my needs for some sleep near a start line. Don't bring your children here!

Room Tip: The bed, toilet, bathtub, and sink were clean....that is it! This was the grossest place I have be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is one of the most inexpensive to be near the beach but not within easy walking distance. You are across on Pacific Coast Highway but behind a private housing and so have to walk or take a short drive to the beach access. It is a very basic, economy room that is clean with fridge, micro and cable TV. They have soap and shampoo and little thing of toothpaste and toothbrush which was cute. It is on the Sunset beach/Seal Beach border and the owners are very nice. Needs new carpet and some room repairs but bed and bathroom are clean. Market is short drive away in Seal Beach. We were not able to book online and had to call and so we got a rate of $60 per night. We had friends staying down the road at Sanatra Inn that does have beach access ($150 night) and so for our needs, to be in California and NEAR a beach.....this place was acceptable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Due to last minute family issue we went to Seal Beach. No other properties available in the area due to the time of the year. Sounded decent with jet tub. Reality far different. Carpet filthy (our feet were black). The shower was broken, water filled the tub while the shower was on. Caulk attempted to cover black mold. The pull out couch was torn up and the mattress on the bed was a poor excuse. My son slept directly on springs. I cushioned him using the cover. Luckily he was exhausted. At approx 11 pm the people above us returned to their room. We could hear them walk, urinate (you get the picture). Shortly thereafter, the guys in the room next to us came in. Extremely noisy. I had hoped by midnight or even 1 am they would quiet down. No way. I phoned the front desk and complained x2 during the night. Pounded on the wall a few times. Management stated they would speak with them. By 4 or so the police were contacted. Finally went to sleep about 4:30 am. When we left the guys were leaving. There was 6 of them in the room! If management had spoken with them, wouldn't they have noted the 6 people in one room! Now management is offering us another nights stay instead of a refund. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific View Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!