“Pay the money and stay in Huntington Beach.” 3 of 5 stars

Pacific View Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16220 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92649   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Wabash, Indiana
“Pay the money and stay in Huntington Beach.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is not in Huntinton Beach. It is in Seal Beach. Not very nice. It says there is air conditioning but there isn't !!!!! It is a fan at best that blows around the hot air in the room. It is a drive to get to anything to do. The beach area is yucky. It smells like dead fish. You have to walk a distance and cross Pacific Coast Highway to get to the beach. My family was on a two week vacation in California and started in Huntington Beach( or what we thought was Huntington Beach). This is the only part of our vacation that we regretted. It isn't worth saving a few dollars to stay here. Spend the money and stay in Huntington Beach!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carmel, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Worst place since my student days traveling in the Yucatan: dirty and torn carpets in the halls, same in the room, holes in the bedspread, broken mirror in the bathroom. Would not go back if offered free. Only plus was an excellent wifi connection.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I read the reviews before hand and thought that the hotel was much closer to the beach than it was for the price...but the owners were lovely and the housekeeper was sweet and helpful and the room was neat and clean.

It's not on the beach, let's make that clear, but if you have a car then it's quite close-close enough that I took my son to go for his first time surfing. For a short stay, this hotel was perfect.

Room Tip: If you want a view then get a top level floor-however, you'll have to schlep your suitcases up n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

One thing puzzles me. A reviewer mentioned $50.00 per night. I knew of nothing less than $99.00 per night, so I'm wondering what this $50.00 room was!
Aside from that - frankly, I think they have a lot of nerve charging $169.00 per night for the room we stayed in. I could have stayed in one of the Hiltons (locally, where it is off season) for even less than that.
1. When we checked in, the first thing I did was kick off my shoes. The second thing I did was notice that I was stepping on WET SPOTS on the carpet! BIG wet spots! My feet got wet just walking in the room!!
2. There was some kind of construction going on, involving a jack hammer - apparently INDOORS, and judging by the loudness, right over our heads! It went on for three hours!!
3. We had just come from the beach, eager to shower. NO WATER!! Went to the office to ask about this, and were told, 'Yeah, I came over to tell you, but your door was closed.' WTF???? Never heard of KNOCKING??? So we waited FOUR HOURS for water, meanwhile listening to the sound of a jack hammer!!!
4. No phone in the room!?!? I was under the impression that a phone in a hotel room is sort of.... a given?? And for $169.00 per night??? No no no no no.....
Okay, the following remarks aren't exactly negatives OR positives, just facts. I had been told the place was just 'remodeled' but if it was, they did it as cheaply as possible. The paint job could have been done better by a ten year old. The door hung on the hinges crooked, leaving gaps above and below the door large enough for mice to enter. The floor fan in the closet was not in working order. NO good TV channels.
POSITIVES: we found the employees to be friendly and helpful. Generous with towels and bedding when we asked for extra. Nice COLD mini fridge and freezer! Bottom line, though - i wish i had done more research and maybe we would have stayed in one of the newer, nice places. We chose this one because we had stayed in it in the 70s when it was much nicer.

Room Tip: We had a first floor 'suite' so there was plenty of room for the roll-away bed we asked for...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed here based on the TripAdvisor reviews. We weren't expecting much due to the $50 per night price. Check in took about 30 minutes because the guy couldn't find our reservation. He took my credit card and ID to the back room while talking on the phone to someone in a different language. This didn't make me feel very good about the security of guests' information. The blue carpet is dirty and in need of replacing. The bed was lumpy and the shower had black spots all over. In the door frame to the bathroom, someone had carved explicit words. We would have moved hotels, but they have strict no refund rules. My wife and I tried to stay out as long as possible so we only had to sleep in the room. I guess that is what we get for $50.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was the first time I had stayed at this hotel. I liked its amazing location, right on Pacific Coast Highway beetween Seal and Huntington beaches, and the fact that they welcomed pets as this was the first time my dogs were visiting dog beach. The room was very airy and the bed was very comfortable. It is obvious that they try to make the guests comfortable by all the little extra steps they take and that one doesn't usually find in low cost hotels. The price was reasonable, with a $10 extra per dog, which is not unusual. I would like to see them update the hotel a bit. I think removing the run-down, torn, blue carpet from the stairs and common areas and replacing it with washable floors would do a lot for the hotel. Having said that, if you don't mind it, you'll find it to be quite charming.

One bit of advice, do not call the front desk for directions unless the person who answers the phone has a map in their hands before giving directions to you...Or better yet, buy yourself a map!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend brought me here one Friday as just an impromptu get away from the daily grind. We enjoyed it so much we stayed here every Friday night for months after that. The staff is accommodating and very friendly. The rates are more than reasonable. The rooms are clean and spacious with refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers and coffee pots in every room. There is always shampoo, lotion. toothpaste etc. for guests. The a/c is always cold and the wifi fast. This little known secret located just across PCH from the beach was a true find. What a great experience with many more to come!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific View Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!