“Great food, friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Californian
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great food, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I keep hearing how good their breakfast is but unfortunately wasn't able to go. So I went for dinner and the food was very good! The staff were very friendly!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, CO
“Holy benedicts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stopped in here since I was heading to the beach for the morning and couldn't be happier. Everything on the menu looked good. I saw a couple of their specialty benedict with lump crab and decided on a more basic option. It was so so so good. The hollandaise wasn't heavily poured on and the fruit bowl that came with it was larger than normal for a breakfast place-with a better selection of fruit. Sat inside since the patio was full but could have lounged for a long time with the way the waitstaff kept the coffee filled up. Just a nice place. I'd definitely come back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Central Valley, California
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

After trying The Sugar Shack one morning, we decided to try this place right next door on the very next morning. It was ok, but we preferred the restaurant next door. I think I had been spoiled by the amazing side orders of fruit we got the day before. Here at No Ka Oi, the side of fruit (as a substitution for hash browns/potatoes) was half the size, not ripe or sweet and cost over twice as much as my side of fruit at The Sugar Shack. My husband had the Hawaiian french toast & he said it was nothing different than any other french toast he has ever had. My omelet was fine.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“Super Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place serves a super healthy breakfast... and every bit as good as next door. The service is awesome. Family owned. Great drinks too. Good place to watch the games

Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Super friendly staff, satisfactory food quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My waitress was super friendly and attentive to me, even refilling my coffee and putting it in a to-go cup when I was leaving. They had brunch all day I believe, and I went with the Alaskan benedicts. While it was pretty good, the salmon tasted a little too salty and dry to me, but the eggs and potatoes were delicious. The food portion was on the large side but not overwhelming. The decor is a little cheesy and it feels touristy, but I suppose that is what you get when you go to a Hawaiian restaurant in Huntington Beach. The location is great; you can see the main pier just down the street, and there are a ton of other restaurants and shopping in the area. Overall, it was a good experience, fun with friends (They had a bar also), probably smaller groups are better since it is a small space, and I'd definitely go again.

• Visited November 2012