“Best hotel stay I've had in the US” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa

You added Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21500 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best hotel stay I've had in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Huntington Beach for a work conference. This was easily the nicest hotel stay I've ever had. The service and overall cleanliness reminded me of a nice all-inclusive resort in Mexico. I was upgraded to a King suite upon arrival because the normal King room I reserved wasn't ready yet, but I had no complaints. My room was gorgeous, with a balcony and a nice view of a pool and a partial ocean view. The wifi in the room wasn't the greatest, but I appreciated that they allowed six devices per room for free on the wifi. When you're traveling with business and personal devices, that can add up fast. The wifi wasn't fast enough for FaceTime calls home, but it was fine for checking email, etc. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the area of the hotel I was in seemed very quiet. I don't think I heard any noise from neighbors either night I stayed there. My room was impeccably cleaned each day, and I was happy to get two bottles of water for free in my frig each day (well not free, but included in the resort fee). The conference area was above average, and the food was fantastic. I ate very well while at the conference, both indoors and outdoors since the weather was so perfect. The wifi, again, wasn't great in the conference area. I was there for an online merchandising conference, so I'm sure I wasn't the only one disappointed that I couldn't easily check in at work during breaks. The business center kiosks were also a huge disappointment - either the wireless keyboards weren't charged or the printers weren't set up, which made it frustrating to print boarding passes before leaving for the airport. I would highly recommend a trip to Pete's Sunset Grille on-site. The salsa and guacamole were made fresh, the margaritas and Mai Tais were really well-made, and I'm still thinking about the fish tacos . They have great service and food overall at this property. I regret not making a vacation of this trip and staying a few more nights to enjoy the pools and beach. I can't wait to return here the next time I'm in Orange County!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Fontana, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The premises are beautiful, the plants are well trimmed, the spa is..well..okay.... and... keep reading....

For my second time staying at this hotel, I must say that I was completely disappointed. Spending over $1100 dollars for two nights at this hotel could not have felt anymore wasted. I will first discuss some of the smaller issues with this hotel stay 1)Two of the lamps in this room were broken and would not turn off. 2)The sheets felt itchy and uncomfortable. Low and behold, the next day my fiance and I had numerous bug bites, probably from poorly washed sheets 3)there were no real trashcans to properly dispose of waste, 4) the room was terribly small and claustrophobic. 5) The main pool was not heated and freezing. Now for my main issue with this hotel. On Thursday 7/25, my family and some friends were able to spend some time with my child and I at the poolside. The next day, the hotel had decided to have security guards posted at every corner to enforce a 4 person per room rule due to the local surfing event which was also occurring the day before. I had 8 guests total who wished to spend some time with me at the hotel. After speaking to the manager Alex (I think his name was) he first was going to charge me $30 per guest. I was outraged and after discussing the matter, he only budged with allowing 2 more guests at no cost. At that moment, I was still completely appalled and was ready to check out that day had my fiance talked me out of it. The security and management at this hotel are rude, unfair, and try with only minimal effort to address their guests simple requests. During one incident, a security guard even followed my small group around the premises only to remind me that only 4 persons per room were allowed. I have no faith that this company will in some way compensate for such an embarrassing incident.

SAVE YOUR MONEY. ENJOY THE BEACH and its beauty, this hotel is a money-making machine for those with too much money. This hotel stay has shown me how stingy, unfair, and retarded these resorts are. You spend so much and receive so little. QUALITY is not equal to the dollars spent at this horrible/ poor excuse for a resort. Decided to just stick with camping, at least at most campsites you can have plenty of guests over without being harassed. Who really cares about luxuries or resorts with fancy spas and a gym. Everything you need is right outside these horrible fortresses of wealth and greed. WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THESE RESORTS TO ANYONE.

Room Tip: Don't expect a nice big room for over $500 dollars a night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Malenurse 2013,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. We were pleased to hear you felt the property itself was beautiful, as well as the surrounding area and local beach. We do apologize that the lamps in your room did not turn off and that you felt itchy in the sheets provided. Our housekeeping team prides itself on providing a great guest room experience and your feedback will certainly help us improve. With respect to security, we do increase security presence during certain special events such as the US Open of Surfing. Our intentions are solely to provide a pleasant and exclusive experience for the guests staying at the resort. As you can imagine, we have a few thousand individuals come onto the property every day over events such as this and some attempt to gain access to the amenities offered to you the registered guest. We again sincerely apologize you felt it was not fair to extend an additional 4 friends onto the pooldeck complimentary and your feedback will certainly be reviewed with our team to ensure we provide nothing but exceptional customer service. With that said, we realize you have a choice to make when traveling and hope you'll reconsider giving us another opportunity at some point in the future.

With my best regards,

Eron Hodges
Director of Rooms
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Came from East Coast for 3 nights. It was our first visit to Huntington Beach and the Hyatt and we were extremely satisfied by this resort. The service was excellent in all ways by all staff members. They are well trained and very friendly which is a high compliment to the management and the employees of this resort. The restaurant breakfast buffet while expensive offered a wide variety and very good quality. The 2 large pools had poolside bars and plently of lounge chairs. Our SoCal suite was large and had 2 bathrooms and 2 TVs which was perfect for our family of 4. Quick walk across the street to the beach.

suwanee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

There isn't a negative thing you could say about this place. The staff is extremely attentive to your every need. The pool, the grounds, the amenities, the restaurants are all top notch. The location is excellent, an easy walk to the beach, pier and shops. Towels and chairs are provided when you cross the bridge and arrive at the beach. The rooms are big and nicely appointed. I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: A wonderful place to vacation with or without kids. Something for everyone.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

That is a real full fleched resort. Nice staff, good service, good location and good resort.

Different to the one Century plaza in LA or mission bay in SD this is a great place. Well managed and I will come back for sure.

2 things I didn't like:

- checking liggage delivery took far too long (more than 40 min) and I REALLY DON'T LIKE VALET service.

• Stayed July 2013
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

For the past several summers we have purposely scheduled a long weekend get away to the Hyatt Regency at Huntingon Beach. We continue to return because it is one of the most comprehensive and complete facilities. First is the location. It is directly across the street from one of the most expansive stretches of beach. Highway 1 separates the hotel from the Beach. The hotel is actually positioned such that the highway is below the main level of the hotel. In addition, the hotel has its own pedestrian bridge across the highway to the beach. The beach itself features a wide and long, paved boardwalk where you can run, ride bikes, walk or just people watch. It is a very reasonable walk up the boardwalk to the city of Huntington Beach, its pier and the prime surfing areas. In addition to its location, the hotel has bike rentals as well as all other beach activity equipment available for rent. The hotel is expansive and spread out versus being a high-rise. It is very family friendly with many activities for kids and along with a relatively new kids pool compelete with waterslide. There is a comprehensive spa on site with a very complete and large fitness room. (One of the largest I have experienced at a hotel). There is fine dining available on site as well as a pizza parlor, wine bar and surf bar/restaurant. There is a small coffee shop/store featuring limited but adequte groceries/snacks. In addition, on the Friday and Saturday night we were there, each night there was a different live band playing in the Courtyard where you could eat and listen or dance to great music. We stayed in a Sunset Suite on the third floor in a corner. The pool and the beach were our view. The rooms all feature balconies where you can sit and enjoy the breeze and view. The hotel is also quiet considering it is busy and next to a highway. All of these things make it one of the most relaxing places to get away to.

Room Tip: The rooms on the southend of the property are generally populated by families with children. As all...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We haved now stayed two times at the Hyatt. The first time was so surprisingly great that I thought I would be disappointed this time. I was not. All the staff were genuine and courteous. We had a 4th floor room overlooking the spa area that had a great patio with plenty of room. Even though the hotel was at max capacity because of the surf contest, it never felt crowded. Going over to the beach is easy on the bridge and they supply chairs and towels for guests. The spa was great . I used it every day and never even got in our hotel room shower. We ate at both restaurants and found the food to be very good and the service very comfortable and efficient. We did not have our children with us, but this would be a great place to bring all ages. Lots of activities and the pools are great. It is pricey but it is worth it. It is a great splurge and We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!