“Wonderful Service by Hotel Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21500 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Huntington Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frisco TX
“Wonderful Service by Hotel Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Home away from home! Comfortable rooms with nice views of the ocean in the distant, over looking beautiful gardens and pool area. Coffee pots, frig, nice size bathroom, clean, comfortable beds, walking distance to shopping, dining and bridge over main road to ocean. I didn't mind the daily hotel fee since it bestowed our family a lot of extras. I am a professional traveler and I always appreciate kindness and respect so when we checked in we explained we were on a family vacation and taking in the sights, it happened to be my husbands birthday week and my daughter's was the following. Of course I asked nicely for an ocean view if possible. The young women was so nice she said she would upgrade us to a better room no extra charge & explained the parking fees at the hotel which was the only thing I didn't care for, however we were able to negotiate a better daily rate. I read about parking on the street in other reviews on TA however I am on vacation and CA parking is not easy to come by so I would say it was worth having them park your car. It was also very easy to retrieve when you called down from your room. I don't believe we ever had to wait. The valets were so forth coming on info and directions even though we had a GPS, gotta love Google maps never once got lost. Also they gave us passes to the Concierge level which included continental breakfast, very nice, snacks afternoon, evening cocktails, honesty policy, all water and non-alcohol beverages free all day. We never ate at the restaurant's because we were out all day taking in local sights and dining. I appreciated everything this hotel staff did to make our family visit the best.

Room Tip: I really don't think there's a bad room. Since the hotel is across street from ocean most ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

1,264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Lancashire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

superb experience - beautiful room and surroundings- fabulous location - beautiful spa- a restful and comfortable experience - good eats at Pete's Grill and a nice pool - we loved it ! Went for four days at the end of a busy itinerary beginning in Las Vegas followed by a stay in San Francisco. If you want to go to LA/ Hollywood the hotel can recommend a range of day trips which pick up from the hotel - it's about an hour to LA-shuttle buses from the airport are reasonable - about 16$ per person - we did it all in one day so had lots of time to relax and use facilities, visit Main St which is a 20 minute walk from hotel, and eat at Duke's- legendary fish restaurant. All good !

Room Tip: The courtyard containing the spa and fitness suite is lovely - quiet and pretty
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Redlands, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering, everyone must valet park. I came on a weekend- busy! I had to wait in a long line of cars, then no one helped me with my bags even though I had a small child. The grounds are huge, so I had to walk quite a ways to get to my room. Then there was a red stain on the carpet in my room!! My ocean view was past overlooking a parking lot- yuck!
Won't come back- not worth the price.

• Stayed May 2013
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance the night after I asked her to marry me, I couldn't have asked for anything better. I had never stayed here, but had stayed at the neighboring Hilton, so I was a bit hesitant to try something new for an occasion like this, but suffice it to say, it paid off in spades, this place is significantly nicer. The staff was very friendly, and the restaurants hooked us up whenever she'd gush about what just happened. We got lucky with the weather as it was very nice for mid- March, so it was just us and a few other people at the main pool. The hot tubs are huge and secluded, and the water slides were fun to play on for a little while, plus, the beach is right there. Our 'standard king' room was enormous and had a large deck that overlooked the northern square with a view of the ocean. I occasionally forget because I live in SoCal that SoCal is a vacation destination, but this was a full blown reminder. Amazing hotel.

Room Tip: Straight ocean view probably isn't worth the money, especially if you end up over the center cou...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach in late May 2013. This was our first time to the hotel and area. The hotel was just fabulous. All the staff were attentive and very friendly. We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor and it was very clean and well appointed. Check-in/out was easy and fast. We took advantage of the shuttle service ($3 per person) to Main Street Huntington Beach area - dropped us off at Duke's Restaurant and then you call them to come pick you up (before 10pm). We loved walking over the hotel bridge to the beach and used the hotel beach chair/umbrella/towel service which is included in the resort fee. All in all we had a wonder time and give this property our highest recommendation - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for best ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The customer service at the Hyatt Huntington Beach was amazing. All of the staff were friendly - helpful - and knowledgeable about the resort. We had dinner at The Californian one night and had breakfast there two mornings - excellent food - and again, fabulous service. The spa is gorgeous and tranquil. We do not have children - but there were lots of activities for kids and the pools were perfect for smaller children - one of the pools is only 18" deep so great for wading around. The room was beautiful and had a great view. There is a bridge that you can walk over to get to the beach and the hotel provides (at no fee) umbrellas, beach chairs, and towels at the end of the bridge closest to the beach. If you are going to Huntington Beach - this is absolutely the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned from a family vacation to California. We are from Alaska so I really spent alot of time searching for good hotels for families. We stayed here for 4 nights. It was such a wonderful place. Everyone one of the employees were so nice. They always had a smile on their face.
The valet parking was outstanding. They are so busy it is amazing to me they can keep up such great and quick service. We loved that when we would get our car back for a day they put fresh water in it for you.
We stayed in the Sunset Suite which was wonderful with two balconies. It fit 6 of us nicely. We have 4 kids and the pools with slides were great.
The grounds, rooms, and overall appearance of this resort exceeded our expectations. They even now have a person that gives you chairs, umbrellas and towels once you cross the bridge to the beach if you want.
The only complaint I had which upset me is once we returned home I was looking at our reservation and we had the Hyatt Free Time with breakfast for 2 every morning. We never got our breakfast for two and actually did not realize we were supposed to get it. It would have been nice if they had mentioned that to us during check in and told us how to redeem that during our stay. Things are not cheap so that would have helped for breakfast.
Other then that I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Just double check your reservation and make sure you bring up the things you are supposed to get because they do not bring it up to you.
We liked the restaurants and little grocery shop that had Starbucks, neat outside area with a fire for smores. Just neat things.

Room Tip: I would request a room that had a view of the ocean but if you want it more quiet on the balcony tha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!