I loved this place! If you want to feel special, definitely stay here. The staff service was excellent. We were only here for 2 days so we were not able to use all the ammenities it provided. My 8 year old son loved the kids pool area. It had 3 levels of water slides (life guard on duty - so the slides close early, not sure about summer months, but the pool area is open later), a pool for toddlers, a spa area, snack bar (It wasn't open while we were there, maybe in the summer), and a firepit (there are several on the property - Hyatt provided items to make smores, nice touch for the kids). There is also another large pool for the adults and teens to enjoy located in the center of the property. The kids pool area is located to the far left side of the property, so if you think you'll be spending a lot of time there, I would request for a room closer to that side as this property is huge.
Our "deluxe" room was located on the 3rd floor overlooking the large pool area and an ocean view. The bathroom was quite large. I think we could've had a small party in there. I also loved the walk-in closet, a "room" to put all of our luggage. There was also a small refrigerator (no freezer) and coffee machine.
Accessiblity to the beach was easy. There is a bridge that you can cross instead of crossing the busy PCH (Highway 1). We even had the chance to watch a surfing contest. I know there are a couple of restaurants in the hotel, but we chose to eat at other places in the city. If you like walking (15 minutes), there are a number of them located in a small downtown area. We ate at a local favorite for breakfast called the Sugar Shack. Good food, if you don't mind the wait. This place is somewhat located near other popular SoCal attractions (all depending on traffic - 30 min to Disneyland, 45 min to Downtown LA, 15 min to Queen Mary, 45 min to Santa Monica).
We are generally a family that travels on a budget, so this place was a splurge for us. The only things I would complain about is the "Valet only" parking. At $29 a night and tipping the valet everytime we wanted to fetch our car, that's pretty steep. I wouldn't mind not paying the $25 resort fee either. Two bottles of water and access to use the Spa area?? I wish it was optional. Although, whenever I saw housekeeping cleaning the other rooms, I would ask for extra bottles of water. I took advantage of that for our day trips and stocked up the fridge. All in all, I would definitely stay here again!
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Huntington Beach
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
- Huntington Beach Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.