“Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa Huntington Beack” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21500 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bodmin
“Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa Huntington Beack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellant hotel, very large with two pools Spa and fitness room. Restaurabt and shops.
Rooms are large and comfortable with coffee machine and fridge. Bathroom with batt, but I found the washhand basin to high.
Pool is great with plenty of towels, sun beds, bar, heated tub. Spa is first clase with wet & dry steam rooms, salt water hot tub, relaxation room and terrace. tea & coffee.
Valet parking $29 per 24 hours. There is a computer genarated map of the area in the lobby with whats on in the hotel. Shuttle bus into Huntington beach $3 return; see the valet.
A Walmart is about 15 min walk up Beach Drive and buses run along pacific Highway.
Tour buses & hire cars can be organised by the conceige.
Food is expensive for what it is but comparable with similar hotels.
There is an automatic $20 per room per charge. for the pool & spa regardless of if you use it or not.
Bath robes are supplied.
The hotel is about 15 minutes walk along the beach promonade into Huntington Beach, a hotel bridge crosses the Pacific Highway.
This hotel is priced to keep it a little bit exclusive.
There are gas fire pits about which are nice. A Bar, pool table and lounges.

Room Tip: A room between the main pool and spa makes it easy in your bath robe. If you like proper English te...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.
At Hyatt we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach for your trip to Surf City USA. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

1,191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I came for a conference. I was offered an upgrade with an ocean view for $25. Don't do it. The rooms overlook a busy road and you can barely see the ocean unless you hang out over your balcony. The garden views are quite pretty. The hotel is noisy when families invade as they did when I was there. I will never understand why such a large facility with multiple buildings do not separate their family travelers from the business clientele. the walls are paper thin and the place is a bit tired. The spa was nice my massage was great but facial was nothing more than someone washing my face and then slapping on mositurizer. Both services were overpriced.

Room Tip: don't fall for upgrade
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. We appreciate your recognizing the beautiful garden views throughout the property and comments regarding noise on Pacific Coast Highway. Your input will certainly help us to improve the experience provided to guests, which is most important to us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back as a guest at some point in the future.

With my best regards,

San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was in Huntington Beach for two weeks for work and chose the Hyatt from recommendations from co-workers.

It is a very nice (and large) property located right across the Pacific Coast Highway from the beach. The first week my room was on the first floor and faced a grassy area next to the fitness center/spa. It was quiet, comfortable and very clean. The bed was very cozy and the pillows were just to my liking.

The second week I changed to a larger room with an ocean view. I was still on the first floor, so there were many obstacles between my room and the view. I would recommend asking for a higher floor if you really want to enjoy the ocean view. The second room was still clean and comfortable, and the extra space made a big difference for me.

The pools are beautiful (too cold to swim for me in March) and don't miss the spa grotto..very relaxing. If you work out, the gym is excellent for a hotel gym and has everything you need for a good workout. The spa is beautiful as well.

The staff if very friendly and professional. I always went out to eat so I can not rate the restaurants.

The hotel is a two minute car ride (or 20 minute walk) to Main Street which has a lot of stores and restaurants...quite honestly the post 9pm crowd on Main Street was less to my liking. I preferred to drive to Newport Beach for a change of pace.

If you drive... be prepared to spend an extra $29 per overnight (in addition to the $29 "resort fee" aka two bottles of water and free in room wifi per day). If you are there for a weekend its no problem but adds up over a two week period.

Also, there were several occasions housekeeping did not pick up room service trays (of other guests) over a period of a couple of days. I saw this three times. The smell of old french fries was pretty gross. I did not see this a a huge problem, just a nuisance.

Overall, I liked the hotel and would stay there again. I would also recommend this to my friends and family.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, request a higher floor. Don't miss the spa grotto!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home on such a long business trip.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The resort was gorgeous. We had room 3435 inner courtyard view. At check in they tried to up sell to oceanview for 25$ per night but I declined. View not too important to me. Anyways valets were great and bellhops all seemed like surfer dudes but very attentive and full of local info. Valets were quick and never waited for our rentalcar, that we didn't even recognize, causing a chuckle all round. Long hallways to room as huge resort, if any mobility probs ask for a room closer to lobby bldg. Pool was great and spas were nice. Being there early in season meant we seldom shared pool or spa. No kids with us Housekeeping great and realized we were late risers and didn't bug us early. The grocery and souvenir shops were open late, plentiful, and not too expensive. Being early in season some stuff not open, pizzeria, poolside bar but that was fine . The only drawback I found and the only reason I didn't give excellent was the food. We ate at bistro, and did room service a couple of times and the food was OK not great. Veggie options VERY limited and they forgot bacon on my club sandwich and the turkey was filled with skin and cartiledge. Breakfasts were good! Overall wondeful and we will be going back later this fall

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining expericence at the resort, we will address your concerns and hopefully we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've never even considered staying in a hotel so close to home but my Aunt came up from San Diego last minute for the weekend and said she booked a room here. We went out for a family dinner and she invited us back to the hotel to swim and relax. I drive by here all the time but never toured the property. The only parking is meters on the street of pay 25 for valet. I'm cheap so I dropped the family and then parked 1/4 mile up Beach Blvd. The staff were very polite and open doors for you. I asked the front desk for directions to the room and of course it's on the edge of the resort but hey, the ground were nice. We all had a few drinks and headed out for the pool but it was closed already so we went to the jacuzzi. Supposedly it closes at 11 but we didn't leave until close to midnight. We get back to the room and my Aunt says I got you guys a room so we can wake up and have breakfast here and hang out. Awesome, so we order Munchies pizza delivered (open til 2ish) and then hit the sack.

The next morning we went to a buffet breakfast in the hotel and my Aunt charges it to her room and my wife and I say no way. After breakfast we went to the fron desk to pay half of the breakfast costs and the lady says you know what, I'm going to comp your meal. Feeling pretty good now, we start walking aroun and see all these little shops and eateries in an outside courtyard. Mostly beach related items at the shops. There was a little market also.

The day was pretty warm and the kids got wind of some water slides at a pool. It turns out they have a few pools and jacuzzi areas. We went to the kids pool and it was a blast even for the adults. Slushy drinks and snacks as well as buckets of 4 beers with ice for $15. Not bad for a Hyatt poolside! There were multiple fire pits with chairs around them which were great when the sun started to go down. They offer day use passes for $20 per person.

For dinner we went to a pub style place on the property. The service was good and so was the fish and chips. I'm not sure how much the rooms are but I can't say anything bad.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor with a patio in the pool courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here recently at a professional seminar, but I was able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel nonetheless. There is a beautiful pedestrian bridge connecting directly to the beach. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. I especially liked the fact that everything was done electronically, from check in to check out -- completely "green" and no paper wasted in the meantime.

The hotel did a wonderful job of serving lunch for 600 guests -- not an easy feat. The food was elegantly presented and tasty. Even the dessert was light -- not the usual slab of cheesecake, but rather, a lovely slice of a mousse - cake combo.

The hotel grounds are lovely, too, with a beautiful pool and gardens. I think it would be a lovely spot for a romantic getaway. And it's only about a 20 minute drive from Orange Country Airport. I admit I was dismayed when I saw some industrial smoke stacks on the approach to the hotel, but once at the hotel I could not see or smell or otherwise detect their presence. Don't let other readers' comments about that deter you from trying this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are thrilled to hear you had such an amazing stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. Thank you so much for your comments about our green initiatives here at the resort as that is something we take great pride in.

oc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this hotel.the rooms are decoreted nicely and are very large.The staff is super friendly.Jessica the girl that checked me in was super friendly and upgraded my room to an ocean view tottally cool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!