I was in Huntington Beach for two weeks for work and chose the Hyatt from recommendations from co-workers.
It is a very nice (and large) property located right across the Pacific Coast Highway from the beach. The first week my room was on the first floor and faced a grassy area next to the fitness center/spa. It was quiet, comfortable and very clean. The bed was very cozy and the pillows were just to my liking.
The second week I changed to a larger room with an ocean view. I was still on the first floor, so there were many obstacles between my room and the view. I would recommend asking for a higher floor if you really want to enjoy the ocean view. The second room was still clean and comfortable, and the extra space made a big difference for me.
The pools are beautiful (too cold to swim for me in March) and don't miss the spa grotto..very relaxing. If you work out, the gym is excellent for a hotel gym and has everything you need for a good workout. The spa is beautiful as well.
The staff if very friendly and professional. I always went out to eat so I can not rate the restaurants.
The hotel is a two minute car ride (or 20 minute walk) to Main Street which has a lot of stores and restaurants...quite honestly the post 9pm crowd on Main Street was less to my liking. I preferred to drive to Newport Beach for a change of pace.
If you drive... be prepared to spend an extra $29 per overnight (in addition to the $29 "resort fee" aka two bottles of water and free in room wifi per day). If you are there for a weekend its no problem but adds up over a two week period.
Also, there were several occasions housekeeping did not pick up room service trays (of other guests) over a period of a couple of days. I saw this three times. The smell of old french fries was pretty gross. I did not see this a a huge problem, just a nuisance.
Overall, I liked the hotel and would stay there again. I would also recommend this to my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a community also known as "Surf City, USA", the resort offers easy access via a pedestrian walkway to eight miles of wide beaches where waves crash and surfers reign. The magnificent Andalusian architecture, reminiscent of Spain's southern coast, and lush landscaping combine to create a sense of casual elegance and your own private seaside retreat. All rooms have private terraces, and most feature stunning views of the Pacific. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach