“Beautiful property with ocean views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21500 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA 92648   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, TX
“Beautiful property with ocean views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We are Hyatt Diamond so we expect a lot. Stayed here six nights recently and loved it. The service was excellent - restaurant staff, spa staff, concierge, and Shannon at the front desk - good job! The property is well kept and beautifully landscaped. It is right across the street from the beach walk. I was concerned about noise from PCH highway but somehow they have kept it quiet! Park across the street along the beach to save money. Bed was comfortable and decor was warm and inviting. Quaint shops including Gallery run by Peggy - stop in she is delightful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Tiverton, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Hyatt's location (adjacent to the beach and walking distance to downtown) is what will draw most travelers to this amazing resort, but the seasoned traveler will notice the little things. The grounds were immaculate (grooming and cleanliness). The staff could not have been more pleasant. In my opinion, a motivated/ happy staff can be the difference between a good and a great experience. From the front desk agent, (who greeted me with a huge smile and inquired as to where I was from and why I was in town) to the baristas at the Surf City Grocers (they remembered each morning how I liked my coffee from the day before) to the front drive/ door person/ valet staff (they were always smiling and thanking me), I truly was impressed. Although it was a little too cold for the pools, I walked the resort and noticed that they had multiple areas for business travelers (pool in the middle of the hotel) or families (pools with waterslides) and couples (grotto of hot tubs) to enjoy. The hotel has a resort fee which I found to be beneficial as I used the fitness center, internet in the room and sauna in the spa along with drinking the bottled water each day. Overall, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at (I am lucky enough to stay at only 4 and 5 diamond hotels) due to unmistakable sense of place in Surf City USA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Really a nice place and I would give it 4 stars but 20 bucks to park and one ply toilet paper for a 275 dollar room just dont get it for me!!!!!! Sorry, but if I'm paying the big bucks I want some bang for it! And on top a that if you want to use the steam room you pay a resort fee to boot!!!! if you are J Paul Getty go for it! And byot. Bring yer own toilet paper!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ehodges, Manager at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the comments regarding your February stay at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa. We appreciate your sharing feedback regarding the toilet paper in particular and we thank you for recognizining the resort as a really nice place in general. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future and thank you again for your suggestions.

With my best regards,

Eron Hodges
rochester, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently went to Huntington Beach for a sales convention.the staff was very accommodating and friendly. They upgraded my room without me asking! The food was phenomenal for a large convention. We all were very impressed. The walkway to the beach was very convenient too,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Hyatt Regency HB has become our family's favorite hotel/resort of all time. We were upgraded to the Catalina, a top-floor corner suite with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the grounds, the pool, with partial ocean view. The mediocre view did not bother us because our stay this time was off-season and the weather was overcast most of the time. However, this did not dampen our experience as we enjoyed the room so much, and the suite came with the Regency Club access, providing us with daily breakfast, snacks, and beverages throughout the day. Our young kids (3 and 5) loved it so much at this hotel that they wanted to stay "forever." A big plus is that there is a sky walk that takes you directly onto the beach. Again, being there off-season meant that we had the beach all to ourselves for the most part. My husband and I never liked spending much time in HB because it really isn't our vibe, but the Hyatt HB has changed our feelings completely. The people we encountered at the hotel and nearby are also extremely friendly and enthusiastic. We cannot wait to go back to the Hyatt HB!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the e-standby upgrade if you can!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
workington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, great staff throughout the hotel. Food delicious. The 'surf restaurant' in particular had a great menu and fantasticly friendly staff. Comfortable rooms with the best bed. Would love to go back, such a relaxing place. Would have liked the option to be able to park our own car, but the valet parking was efficient, and friendly.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm not really a fancy resort/restaurant kind of guy. Also we were there for a series of business meetings and didn't get much chance to enjoy the amenities. But, I'll try to give a balanced review.

Very nice food, although not my style. Mostly, our meals were buffet-style, so I didn't have a chance to check out the restaurants.

Drinks seemed kind of overpriced at the bars.

The room was quite nice. Pillow-top on the bed a little soft for my tastes. Good size, room to set up your laptop and work. Strangely, although the TV was a nice flat screen, the signal didn't seem to be HD. It wasn't great, especially for the price posted, but it was nice.

Location was right across from the beach. We were in meetings all day and it was cool in the evening, so that wasn't great, but probably would be for a vacation.

Overall, I guess I'd say it's a real nice place if you go in knowing that it's quite expensive. If you're into that sort of thing, you'll probably really like it; if you're more of a plain person, it's probably not the place for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!