“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Motel   |   16196 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92649   |
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Huntington Beach
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I came to "Huntington" (the motel WAS NOT in Huntington, nor was it in view of the ocean) to meet up with a group of girlfriends, only 2 of us were staying in the motel. Yes we are 19 and 20 but had no intention of being rowdy and partying, especially in that small dump. Upon arrival the owner was incredibly rude to me, did not believe me about the number of guests staying in the room so proceeded to take it upon herself to walk out to our car and examine how many people were in it. Because I'm young she tried to nickel and dime me with anything she could. She then called my MOTHER to confirm the number of girls staying. Before leaving to settle in the room her last comment to me was "NO PARTYING". I feel as if something along the lines of "enjoy your stay" would have been more appropriate.

After that little experience we had been sitting on the idea of staying else where. We headed to the beach to relax and think about it. After an hour, we decided we wanted to cancel our 2 night reservation. On our walk back to the motel, my mother called me furious, a total of 550 dollars had been withdrawn out of our account, over drawing it and causing an extra 30 dollar fee. Only 350 should have been taken out. The extra 200 was a HOLDING feeI, meaning it should not have been officially charged unless damage was done in some sort to the room. I went in to discuss cancellation fees and to try and resolve the over draft issue. The lady who I dealt with prior told me I had to pay full price, meaning I would receive zero money back to cancel my reservation. SHE LIED and then had the nerve to tell me I had to go through booking.com about my holding fees, and that she had no control over the charges made. That's complete bull crap considering she is the one who swiped my card.

I did as she said and called booking.com. Had an excellent experience with whomever I spoke to and was re informed that I do in fact receive 150 dollars back from canceling my reservation and that they have no control over my credit card. After a 2 hour argument back and forth with the owner and her lies to steal my money, she finally offered to give me my refund. I told her I would be letting everyone know of the awful experience I had at her motel. At that minute she walked away yelling she wasn't giving any of my money back and she was calling the cops on me for "threatening her". I refused to leave without my refund and reminded her that that would be stealing my money. Her decision on calling the cops quickly changed. I told her our credit card company would be in contact about a full refund, considering we hadn't even stepped foot in the room and her attempt to withhold my money from me.

On my way out I was able to stop a couple from checking in and I'm here to do the same for you! The place is filthy, she had her children cleaning the rooms, a bag of towels were open and strayed across the parking lot and the WORST customer service I have ever received. DO NOT stay at this motel. It is not worth the price nor the attitude. I typically would give someone the benefit of the doubt but this woman was a liar and will tell you anything to keep your money!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We also booked on Priceline and did not even get into the room. No office staff for 20 minutes, then when we spoke w/office staff they were rude. Was not given a refund either. Be smart and do not stay here. the scenery is not what you think......shame on you Oceanview Motel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver,Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here based on suggestions from family members. When we arrived they had just purchased a new key system and had not learned how to make keys so they finally got us a key that worked. The phones did not work and we were not able to contact the other family members staying at the hotel. We were put on a bottom floor with a view of the street. The room smelled of smoke and there was a microwave thrown onto a chair in the corner of the room. The hotel is right on a very busy street and the noise lasted all night. There were no views of the ocean from any floor and it was 2 blocks to the beach across the busy highway. It was within walking distance of some restaurants but they did not look very inviting. The hotel was a long way from Huntington Beach and in fact was on the edge of sunset beach. At 1AM 6 people checked in to the room next to ours and the stereo was cranked all night and rocked the walls. There were people streaming in and out of the room all night and yelling outside of our window despite several request to keep it down. We called the front desk and they did nothing. All 6 were smoking inside and outside of the room. We had reserved 3 nights and only lasted 1. We will not return and could not recommend this to any friends.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one but try to get 3rd floor and at least the noise will not echo off the walls.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very rude staff, had an emergency trying to reach some family staying here and staff wouldnt even give us their room # so had to drive 2 hrs to get to them instead of just calling and having them head home. Very disappointed and upset with the staff!!!!!!!! Very RUDE PEOPLE

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Kind of loud from traffic found a bug in our bedding a cockroach i think and our room was cleaned late like 4 pm and after funding that bug done cleaning and setting up new bedding at 8 pm with no discount or anything. I wont stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Showed up an hour early, was told if I wanted to check in there was a 25,00 fee. I asked what the fee would be to cancel the reservation and the rude lady said full price! Hairs all over the bath tub, door broken off the frame, bugs in the bed. Spend a little extra money and don't stay here

• Stayed November 2012
OC California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

First, this dump is found in Sunset Beach, it might be in the HB zipcode but plan to go to the water tower in Sunset and you will find it. I called for directions to find a surly woman from a call center who was no wiser until I told her I was passing the water tower (local landmark).
The premises are old and although they are trying hard, it shows. It is cheap, as other people have mentioned, but the inability to sleep (PCH is steps from your door) makes it no bargain.

If you are focused on the beach, it's a fair price for the proximity. Remember however that fellow partyers will make life tough on you late at night as the walls are thin.
Something that creeped me out also was the way that my toiletries were moved out of the shower every day. I got the feeling that my things were examined and to top it off, every evening I came back to find that they had unplugged the fridge even though I had things (beer, juices etc) in there.
The wifi was fast, the room was ok but I will pay more somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: the "ocean view" on the 3rd floor is a "peekaboo" at best. The second floor migh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!