“Found a bug if some kind in our bedding” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Oceanview Motel to your Saves list
Oceanview Motel
Oceanview Motel
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   16196 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92649-1808   |
Ranked #15 of 16 hotels in Huntington Beach
“Found a bug if some kind in our bedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Kind of loud from traffic found a bug in our bedding a cockroach i think and our room was cleaned late like 4 pm and after funding that bug done cleaning and setting up new bedding at 8 pm with no discount or anything. I wont stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Showed up an hour early, was told if I wanted to check in there was a 25,00 fee. I asked what the fee would be to cancel the reservation and the rude lady said full price! Hairs all over the bath tub, door broken off the frame, bugs in the bed. Spend a little extra money and don't stay here

• Stayed November 2012
OC California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

First, this dump is found in Sunset Beach, it might be in the HB zipcode but plan to go to the water tower in Sunset and you will find it. I called for directions to find a surly woman from a call center who was no wiser until I told her I was passing the water tower (local landmark).
The premises are old and although they are trying hard, it shows. It is cheap, as other people have mentioned, but the inability to sleep (PCH is steps from your door) makes it no bargain.

If you are focused on the beach, it's a fair price for the proximity. Remember however that fellow partyers will make life tough on you late at night as the walls are thin.
Something that creeped me out also was the way that my toiletries were moved out of the shower every day. I got the feeling that my things were examined and to top it off, every evening I came back to find that they had unplugged the fridge even though I had things (beer, juices etc) in there.
The wifi was fast, the room was ok but I will pay more somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: the "ocean view" on the 3rd floor is a "peekaboo" at best. The second floor migh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Me and my boyfriend were on a road trip through the west coast. We've stayed there for two nights, because of our friends wedding. It was cheap, clean, and close to the beach (and to the wedding :). But I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay. Every morning about 9-11 a.m. the lady who was a manager was walking around the motel and staring through the windows. When I asked her why does she do it - she told me she was checking if there are people in the room, beacuse she wanted to know if they checked out already. It was very stupid - you have the check-in and check-out time - so you don't have to spy on people! That's why I think it was good only for a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Love the Ocean View Motel....You simply will not find a fresher cleaner option in the OC on PCH no less...#rd floor has Ocean Views from just about every room...Rooms are clean fresh upon check in ( not musty and moldy smelling like most properties in this price range...Great value with full cableincluding HBO ( 80 channels..! ) mini fridge, coffe maker, microwave with comp popcorn...Gotta love it..Convienient to everthing ( restaurants, shopping beach is right there)I would reccomend the Ocean View to anyone..!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor ocean views...:)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This motel isnt the bees knees, but it is the best value for how much your paying. Its the only hotel around 60$ a night thats actually anywhere near walking distance to a beach. I stayed at 2 other hotels while in los angelas and this one was by far the best deal considering your only 5 minute hop skip and a jump from seal beach/ long beach area. If your looking for something nicer than pay more money and go else where, but if your looking to be close to the surf and decent shops this place is great. Little disapointed that they accused us before we even checked in for being rowdy young people... my boyfriend had to work at 4 am every morning so we were far from being the partying type. plus they over charged me each night i stayed longer but when i told them that they said they would refund me. Im staying another night so hopefully they stand by that. looks like they work hard and do a pretty good job. could use a little better customer service but there was an obvious language barrier so i cant really complain they are trying hard and thats what counts especially for how cheap it is.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Granted, we were staying on a Saturday night, in August, so the price was more than I would have liked to pay, but I have to say I was quite disappointed with the trip. I blame Expedia for not letting me know that there is only one bed (queen or king) in the room, ESPECIALLY after telling the agent we were bringing our 5-yr-old grandson. We did not find out until arrival about the sleeping arrangements.

Kudos are given to the staff member who tried very hard to help us out, and although we agreed to it then, it was not truly acceptable. We had arrived early, our king-sized room was not ready. We asked if there was someplace to change so we could head to the beach, and then come back later for the room. There was no place to do that, but she could give us a queen-sized at that time. When asked where would the little one sleep, she said she could arrange for extra blankets to make a bed on the floor (they had no roller-beds). While we didn't like that idea, our grandson thought of it as an adventure, so we went with it.

Our microwave was sitting on a chair in the corner, making it difficult to use as there was no space on the dresser to put it - there was already a TV and fridge on it. The room was small, and a "handicap" one as well, so the bathroom door opened outwards, making the space even smaller. The door needed to be propped open as it kept closing on us.

There was no breakfast, which we had noted when booking, but even the coffee didn't have all the condiments needed (I do not drink mine black). Also, no pool, but that was okay with us.....we wanted the beach.

The Pros: close enough to beach to walk, great restaurant just down a few blocks (Don the Beachcomber).

Not sure if I'd stay there again - - maybe if a lower price, for a room upstairs (ours was first floor, by the elevators, and flies were swarming around, coming into the room whenever the door opened). Oh, and the guy next door asked to use our bathroom as his was not working. Thank goodness we were ready to check out at the time, as was he!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oceanview Motel? Share your experiences!