“substandard motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17251 S. Beach Blvd, Beach Blvd & Warner Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA 92647   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Clovis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall stay was ok. The rate was reasonable compared to other facilities nearby. Unruly uncontrolled children of some hotel guests ruined the quiet of the facility as they were running up and down the balconies yelling. Was very disruptive. I like kids and expect them to be somewhat excited and loud but this was over the top. These people should have been told to leave the hotel. Won't stay there again if I can find another facility nearby. I know other quests felt the same way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Parker
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Too many people in room next to me, way in the back on the 3rd floor. They were loud and kept slamming the front door until after 11 p.m. Dirty, old room with outdated TV. Toilet seat was filthy. Was planning on staying two nights but I left after one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Kevin865, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I would like to apologize for the noise during the evening. Please be assured that we have looked into the issues with your room and have had maintenance take care off it. Our goal is to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible and we appreciate your feedback.
Mesa, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Price wise for a holiday weekend it was good. Check in took forever. We arrived at 10pm & the doors are locked you have to check in outside via a window. Felt like I was checking in to a sleazy motel. Grossed out that someone was smoking by me as they were waiting as well to check in. I hate smoke & being I had to wait I could bot escape it. The "breakfast" is horrible, folks bring milk & cereal & put it in your room. You will be better off & the area is crammed. Our room was bigger than expected. We had a king suite which I would recommend. The floor could use a steam clean but other than that it was decent. Sink was clogged & the staff fixed it the next day. The towels are super small. Nothing like feeling your using a hand towel to dry off. Parking is tight, be patient. I have never stayed at a hojo before so I have nothing to compare it to. But it does rate lower in my book compared to other hotels we have stayed in. Overall decent & affordable. Take the good expect the bad & enjoy your time at the beach which is a straight shot from here.

• Stayed July 2013
Santa Maria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

First of all I was not given the senior rate when it was offered on-line when I made my reservation. I figured it would be honored when I checked in but was WRONG!! The location was very good for our visit but the facilities need some serious upgrading and repairs. The continental breafast was adequate but only 2 tables were provided so had to eat in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was a Vacation, the rooms were ok and the only things I would change or criticize would be that the beds were a little uncomfortable and the pillows seemed very old and worn out, the only other thing is the air conditioning wouldn't stay on and it kept getting very uncomfortable . Other than those issues it was a great stay .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach

Address: 17251 S. Beach Blvd, Beach Blvd & Warner Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Huntington Beach
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach Hotel Huntington Beach
Howard Johnson Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.