“Not ideal place for a family over the weekend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn-Huntington Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17251 S. Beach Blvd, Beach Blvd & Warner Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA 92647   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived several hours before the posted check-in time and were checked in immediately. I know some posts indicate their room on Beach Blvd was noisy but our room on the 3rd floor was no problem. Our room was clean and comfortable especially the beds. The parking was ample and no long waits for the elevator. I would skip the complimentary breakfast due to lots of people competing for the few seats in a small area but Norm's down the street is delicious and very affordable.

• Stayed September 2012
SEDONA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

the breakfast was not great and my bed had riped sheets, when i called down to let them know my sheets were riped they sent someone to replace them but they left all my other blankets on floor

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

MESA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay because it is away from the beach but close enough to go out and and enjoy the day/night on the beach. I was disappointed with the breakfast but over all our stay was great and had great service I would stay and I would encourage other people to check out this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Room was clean and had coffee maker, frig and micro as advertised. We were able to check in early which was nice. There was a mold problem in the bathroom but that seems to be common in this climate.
As others have mentioned, this is NOT on the beach. Beach Blvd is an 8 lane highway running inland from the beach. If you are looking for something on the beach you need to look for an address on Pacific Coast Highway and expect to pay a lot more.
We also experienced the noise in the parking lot and pool late at night. It woke us up a couple of times
Breakfast was okay with coffee, tea, juice, apples, oranges, toast, instant oatmeal, 2 kinds of cold cereal and mini muffins and donuts. If you want more than that, there is a Subway 2 buildings down.

Room Tip: We had two rooms on the third floor to the back of the property and it would have been quiet except...