“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private or group surf lessons.All surf lessons take place at the beach not far from Huntington Beach Pier, call or text us for our semi-private beach location.
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

It was perfect! I have never even seen an ocean before and by the end of the session I could do a small trick! Awesome experience and amazing teacher!

SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We just love our job! Thank you for joining us for a surf lesson :) it was a great pleasure teaching you the Hawaiian Art of Surfing ! Aloha Marcus The surf coach..

Falls Church, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Nothing short of amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Marcus and Eric had our ten-year-old out on the waves and up on a board in about half and hour! Both were great -- patient, attentive and extremely positive. If you are thinking about a surfing lesson for a first-timer, this should be your first choice.

Visited April 2014
Aloha folks! it was awesome what your child was doing surfing! future pro surfer! I am just overwhelmed of all the great reviews!!! Hope to see you guys next year! Eric says Aloha
Boulder, Colorado
“Amazing surf experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had 2 adults, a 7,11,13 and 16 yo for a beginner surf lesson. Ed and Eric were phenomenol, making sure everyone had attention and fun! Most importantly, felt like even my seven year old was kept safe and got up on the board! Top notch! Don't look further !!!

SurfridersAcademy, General Manager at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
What incredible day we had, and what awesome students to work with. We love our job!!!!
3 attraction reviews
“Stop looking and call now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My friend and I had the opportunity last week to take a surf lesson from Marcus, we both agree that it was one of the best decisions we made on our trip to Orange County! Marcus was great with communication, initially we communicated via email and then phone/text. There was absolutely no questions that were left unanswered.

The day of the surf lesson, we got to the beach a few hours early to enjoy the sun. We decided to send Marcus a text that we were there early in case he was available and he showed up early for our appointment (which was great because we were excited!) I was the more hesitant surfer in our group, but the safety precautions that Marcus took calmed me down quickly so I was able to enjoy the lesson. The first place we tried to surf had some tall waves for a beginner so Marcus decided to take us to a different (calmer) beach so we could be successful. The beach was about 15 minutes away, but the time it took to move did not take away from our 90 minute lesson. Marcus is a great teacher who gives enough details at a time to help without being overwhelming. Both my friend and I go up on our boards (she got up way more than I did though;) If I was in Orange County again, I would not hesitate to call Marcus for another lesson! Marcus showed that he cares about each of his students and is truly passionate about his job!

Visited March 2014
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Aloha girls :) thank you for the nice review and it was a great pleasure meeting you and to give you all a surf lesson, both of you that I can see were stoked on the sport of surfing, that is why I still love to surf and teach to this present time! There is nothing like the ocean to leave you good memories. :) Thank you Marcus the surf coach
Mirabel, Canada
“Do it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was just great! For my son of 15 and 17 years and me, a first! An experience again, just for surfing, I want to return to California :) Marcus is a friendly instructor, professional and attentive! Thank you! One of my fondest memories of traveling!

Visited March 2014
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hello Marie , I had a blast teaching Tony & Simon surfing :) they did very well and I can see it on there faces there were excited surfing :) Hope to see you all again... Aloha Marcus the surf coach