“Surfriders Academy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the most fun surf lesson ever! We Specialize in first time beginners, Private or group surf lessons.All surf lessons take place at the beach not far from Huntington Beach Pier, call or text us for our semi-private beach location.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Surfriders Academy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It was so much fun, I had a one on one with Ed Morgan and he's an awesome guy and was so helpful! He made it a lot of fun!! I definitely recommend Ed if you're going to take lessons!!

Visited November 2012
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hey there Jake, Thanks for choosing Surfriders Academy :) Ed Morgan is one of our Best surfing instructors, We are Stoked you had a great time...

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Surfriders Saves the Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had booked a surfing lesson for myself and three teens to coincide with another tour we were taking. Sadly, that tour fell through.....That left us stuck in Anaheim, with no vehicle and no way to meet up with Marcus and Ed for our surfing lesson. i made a quick call to let them know the situation, and that we were trying to arrange transport to get us there....Within 10 minutes Ed had called back to say that he would pick us up at our hotel, take us surfing, drop us for 1 1/2 hours in Huntington Beach to explore, and bring us back to our hotel! Yes, this cost a bit extra, but it was way, way less than what we would have paid for anything we had arranged at the last minute.

In terms of the lesson itself, it was amazing. We went to Newport Beach as the tides were too high in Huntington. We started out with a land lesson on how to stand, where to lie, etc. Very helpful and very easy to follow.

Next we hit the water. Let me say that this was more for my niece and nephew than my daughter and I and focus on their experience. Suffice to say that my daughter and I had a blast, but we'll never be surfers!

Both my niece and nephew appear to be naturals. They were up and surfing by their third or fourth attempt and continued to ride waves successfully -- even enjoying a party wave a couple of times. By the end, my niece was learning advanced techniques and they were both catching waves and riding on their own with little or no assistance.

A fabulous, fabulous day -- made even more so by Ed and Marcus' willingness to go above and beyond!

Thanks guys - can't wait to do this again!

Visited October 2012
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Awesome review !!! We never say never if our team can help out in any way...The show must go on with the surf lesson !!! Mahalo Marcus :)
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“SURF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Its a experience worth to have! I recommend this for everyone :) Its fun, good teachers and worth the money.

Visited October 2012
SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Surf lessons is a passion to us, so we put in over 100% of our effort to be the most Fun experience possible :) Aloha
“Great surf lessons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I took four teenagers to their first surf lesson ever. Ed was the instructor and was perfect! It was the best part of their trip to California! Each one was able to surf and have decided to continue surfing as a sport. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

SurfridersAcademy, Owner at Surfriders Academy, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Many Aloha thanks to you :) Ed & Marcus keep a high standard in the surf lesson industry for safety,fun, and a Great experience in the ocean ! Aloha
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“surf lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had surfing lessons on Oct 20th with Surfriders Academy. Ed was our instructor and met us at Seal Beach. He called before our lesson to give directions and get our sizes for wetsuits. We had no problem finding the location and started our lesson on the grassy area and then the sand. Ed took the kids out first, so I could get some pictures. We had a great day at the beach and enjoyed learning how to surf. I will definitely be back to Huntington Beach and look forward to surfing with Ed and Surfriders again.

Visited October 2012
Mahalo for the nice review, Ed is one of our BEST surfing instructor, he is great with kids & adults to teach them The Hawaiian Art of Surfing! Aloha Marcus