“Excellent happy hour menu and the latest cocktails.” 5 of 5 stars

714-861-4470
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zimzala - Shorebreak Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Street
Huntington Beach, California
“Excellent happy hour menu and the latest cocktails.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The chef prepares a very gourmet assortment of Happy Hour Appetizers. The mussels in a delicious broth, the crispy mushrooms, and sliders are wonderful!

Visited May 2013

Claremont, California
“Service was just bad--no excuse for it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just drop your dog off because you probably won't want to eat there. We just had the worst service ever for a group of 11 that had a reservation for a birthday dinner at 5:30, and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get out of there on a Sunday night! It was not at all crowded, and yet we could barely get someone to wait on us. The drinks were slow, the food was sooo slow, and the cake that we brought with us seemed to be lost in the kitchen! We asked them to bring out the cake at 7:30. People had to leave, and yet we waited 20 minutes and still our cake was not brought out. I asked another person who told me the chef was cutting and serving it. I asked him to just bring it out in the pan because we wanted to put candles on it and sing Happy Birthday. (This is what I told them when I got there as well.) Not everyone was going to eat it. Still nothing. Saw our waiter just standing by the bar though, doing nothing. I finally got up and went to the kitchen, they stopped me and told me the cake was being served. Again, I told them not to serve it, just bring it out!!! I asked to speak to the manager, and the young man said very rudely and dismissively,"I'm the manager and you've only been waiting 9 minutes!" that was 9 since I asked him, not counting the other two who did nothing. It had been at least 1/2 hour. Then, finally two waiters started bringing out pieces of our cake on plates rushing them to the table. But they had cut it into 20 small pieces! For only 8 of us who were having cake!!! They were running back and forth trying to find places at our table to set cake down. I've never seen anything so ignorant and incompetent in a restaurant before! We could have laughed in amazement and frustration. I asked them again to please bring out my cake pan and put the extra 12 pieces they cut back in the pan to take with us. It turns out there was a plate fee and we thought it must be per plate for them to cut 20 pieces. They did not charge us because we were all pretty upset, late for babysitters, etc. But Zimzala will never see any of us again. Worst service for a group I've ever seen. there are lots of other good places to eat in Huntington Beach. Don't waste your time and money. the food was just average.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California
“Great views of the pier!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are locals and are always looking for a good but inexpensive place to dine out with great atmosphere in our neighborhood. This is the perfect place for that. If weather permits, I highly recommend sitting outside for the view. It always makes us feel that we are also on vacation like the people staying here!

We usually go for their breakfast/brunch and since this place is not on Main, there is usually no huge line like the others! I usually have their chilaquiles, and they are great!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Delicious Breakfasts !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We are HB locals and we are always searching for that breakfast spot or the lunch spot or the great dinner spot in HB. It's a hit or miss on the occupancy as the summer months and times during the US OPEN can be difficult to squeeze in there, it can get crowded. This past Sunday we enjoyed a very delicious breakfast. The staff was very attentive and polite and happy!! It's always so nice to be greeted with big smiles!! :)
I had the All American breakfast and I usually am not a big bacon fan but this bacon was cooked so crispy and well I had to eat it!! I got 4 large pieces that I shared with my husband. It was all very good and the double espressos were perfect as well. Served with a twist of lemon and not one bit bitter at all. THe potatoes were red baked potatoes that had been smashed then seasoned with red peeper flakes and salt and pepper, the skin was perfectly crispy .....soooooooo good. It made me want to copy the way they prepared them for my next breakfast at home.
All in all... great service, good food and a wonderful atmosphere. They even welcome your dog out on the patio and have a menu specifically for the dogs which is pretty hilarious!!! Only in HB!! We will def be back for our breakfasts. We have dined here for lunch as well and have been just as pleased.
Dinner is a bit louder and the scenery can be vastly different depending on the day and time. Fridays are always busy and sometimes they have live music which is nice. We were dining here once during the Tuesdays street fair and they had a really fun reggae group that were so fun to listen to. Interesting people always, nice lounging areas and so close to a stroll on the pier. Try this place you will love it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great happy hour ! We had the mussels (great broth), the sliders were very good and the sweet potato hash browns cooked perfect seved with a very tasty aioli! We sat on the terrace very nice. People had there dogs and there is a menu for them. Great service!

• Visited February 2013