“Loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel to your Saves list
Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   500 Pacific Coast Highway, 5th & PCH, Huntington Beach, CA 92648   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
20% Discount
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Huntington Beach
Pittsburgh
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Was here for 4 nights during a conference. Great place. Very chic but not pretentious. Modern elements combined with green, woodsy feel. Lots of little touches made the difference. Great location, friendly staff, and spacious, clean room with amazing bathroom. Couldn't ask for more. Oh, well, the free wine in the lobby during happy hour was definitely notable! Outdoor areas cozy and inviting. Conference room was one of the best I've been to. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: worth the upgrade to the suite, even courtyard view is nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear MeganMFT,

I am so happy that you love our hotel and enjoyed your time during your conference. I love your description of us; it fits us perfectly and is exactly what we are going for. The bathrooms are truly amazing in our hotel, with the size not only of the bathroom itself but the tubs as well. Wine hour is definitely a bonus and a nice surprise for some who are checking in around 5pm. We look forward to your return; hopefully you don’t have to wait until another conference.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I had a date weekend! The hotel is really beautiful and in a great location. Super staff. It was fun to see the dogs in this dog friendly hotel, too! Spectacular view of the beach, surf and the Pier. Wonderful breakfast in the restaurant. And I love that lemongrass body wash they had. We'll go back next November for another So Cal date!

Room Tip: The beach front upgrade was worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kimberly P,

What a beautiful area you live in up North in Half Moon Bay. I am so happy you chose our hotel and location for your date weekend. It is definitely the right place for a short getaway with everything close by. I am glad your interactions with the staff were superb. The restaurant without doubt has excellent choices for breakfast; you can’t go wrong for any other meals in fact. Hopefully next time you will try out some of the other options on the menu, the flat breads are delicious. We are excited for your return next year.

Bonaire, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My room was very nice. It was on the 3rd floor with a courtyard view. The hotel is in a great location. There are several restaurants to choose from that are close to the hotel. The beach is also very close. The staff is very helpful and quick to take care of any request that you have. I was in the area for work and decided to stay here. This was my first visit and I plan on staying, again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear EricJ47

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will be back to stay with us again. I am happy to hear that the staff was able to assist you in every request; they definitely make us what we are. We look forward to your return and maybe next time you will try one of our partial ocean or waterfront view rooms, you can’t beat the view of the Pacific Ocean.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay here for 4 nights and I think we got the best room in the house 416 it was a Waterfront King Room and it was on the corner so had a massive verandah with deck chairs and a table. We loved everything about this hotel,the bathroom was massive and supplied a robe for use and room was very fresh and airy.I never wanted to leave and I will definatly stay here if we return again.The receptrion staff were friendly every time we came and went over the whole stay.A Bar staff member on our first day was extremely helpful on where to go and what to do and it made my impression of The Shorebreak that much more inviting,if thats possible.
We ate in the restaurant one night and had the most amazing meal but unfotunately the service on that night wasnt fantastic,the girls were very friendly but cruisy and a bit slack taking the orders.
Overall this was one of my favourite Motels and Measl in 6 weeks in USA.

Room Tip: Waterfront have stunning views!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear binbali,

Thank you for your great comments, I will be sure to pass your kind comments about the staff on to them. The employees are definitely what make Shorebreak what it is. You are right about room 416; it is one of the great waterfront rooms. You can’t beat that balcony and view. I am sorry that you were a bit disappointed in the service at the restaurant. We definitely try to ensure all our guests are satisfied with the service we provide. I will be passing your comments along to the restaurant manager so that he can follow up with his employees. We look forward to spoiling you some more on your return next time you come from Down Under.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night during our trip down the PCH. The hotel is in a great location. The staff was very friendly; hotel was clean and had a cool layout/design. Our room was perfect! We stayed in a city courtyard suite--it had cool decor, very spacious, comfortable bed, awesome shower and huge bathtub! Our room overlooked 5th street, which was great because it was Halloween and we were able to see all the festivities from our balcony! The only negative I could say was that the parking was expensive- about $30 for the night. Overall I loved this place and would definitly go back!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite--well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear debs927

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose us as one of your destination stops on your journey down PCH. You were quite lucky to have the view of 5th Street on Halloween. There were a lot of activities going on and seeing all the people dressed up must have been fun to watch. The bathtubs in the city courtyard suites are a great feature, you could sit in it for days. We look forward to your return next time you are on the West Coast.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've stayed at this wonderful hotel twice; it's modern, clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff and I stayed in a gorgeous waterfront room with a patio to sunbathe, overlooking PCH. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Helen B, Front Office Manager at Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear JDBEE123,

I am so happy to hear that you came to stay with us again and enjoyed yourself yet again. Our waterfront rooms are a great treat. We look forward to you staying with again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Three night stay for a company meeting. The room was comfortable, but was given one with no bathtub. When I requested a switch, I was told there wasn't one available. Should have pushed, but I didn't. I was totally unable to connect to wi-fi from my room - had to go to the lobby to get it to work. Same front desk person was NOT helpful on this issue. Just gave an air of really not caring. This was not the attitude of the rest of the staff I encountered, and the wait staff in the bar and restaurant were particularly accommodating. Great location!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard can be noisy if there's an event going on, but usually quiets down by...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear CathyinEdmonds,

I am sorry we did not have a room with a bathtub during your stay. Please know we would have been happy to place you in one if it were available. Give us a heads up if you ever come to Huntington Beach again and will find you a bathtub. I am also sorry that our guest representative was not more attentive to your troubles. I will definitely address this to my staff. I use the internet almost all throughout the day. I would find it frustrating with it not working as well. It is important to us that if any issues that do occur during our guest's stay, that it be taken care of and assisted with as soon as possible. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Front Office Manager

Been to Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!