My family of three stayed in this hotel for two days this week. The location is perfect, with everything within easy walking distance in downtown HB. The rooms are smaller but clean, with large bathrooms and that was nice for a family of three staying in the 'suite'. We asked for a two room 'suite' but what we got was a partition wall between the very small living room and the bedroom. That wasn't a big deal, but just be aware. The issue if why I docked them a star is because they really lacked attention to detail at check in, etc. We very clearly checked in with three people (only people standing at check in...all interacting) and said we would be using the pull out couch for our teenager. They failed to mention that there wouldn't be any linens or pillows for the pull out, and my daughter was stuck sleeping with our shared pillows with the mattress pad for a blanket the first night. thankfully she's a heavy sleeper! When we went to complain the next morning, the desk staff told us we were supposed to request linens for the beds, they don't know we need them unless we request. REALLY! So..we asked for the bed to made up that day, but then they only put down sheets, no pillows and no blankets. We had to ask for that to be brought up. Maybe a ploy to get you to tip more to the delivery staff? After that debacle, I would have assumed they would have at the least comped us a meal or drinks, but all we got was a sorry excuse as it was our responsibility to ask for linens for a family of three in a one bedroom suite with a pull out couch.
- Also Known As:
- Shorebreak Hotel Huntington Beach
- Shorebreak Boutique Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate Southern California beach experience with a contemporary twist. Shorebreak Hotel combines the relaxed, sun-drenched spirit of the Orange County coastline with edgy modern accents. The only hotel located near the iconic intersection of Main Street and Pacific Coast Highway, Shorebreak situates you at the center of eclectic shopping, dining, and entertainment…all within earshot of crashing ocean waves. A singular boutique hotel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tablet Hotels, Expedia, Olotels, Agoda, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Shorebreak Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.