“Beautiful little hotel...friendly people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lawson's Station

Lawson's Station
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopland
Lawson's Station
You added Lawson's Station to your Saves list
13441 South Hwy. 101, Hopland, CA 95449   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopland
Willington, Connecticut
“Beautiful little hotel...friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We booked Lawson Station in Hopland, because the town was a good stop-off point during our vacation through the CA wine and redwood regions. What a pleasant surprise! Upon driving up, it looks like any other small town hotel; however once you get inside -- wow! It is first class all the way. Our suite was gorgeous, with a huge, beautifully appointed bathroom, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The manager, Ann Marie, was very friendly and accommodating -- went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable.

The only thing preventing me from giving this lovely little hotel a rating of "5" is its location -- directly on Rte 101. Our suite had a nice view of the mountains in the distance, but mostly you're over-looking a parking lot.; however, since the hotel is so lovley, that wasn't much of a problem for my husband and me. We still enjoyed our compimentary bottle of excellent sparkling wine on the balcony.

Though there's not much to do in Hopland, there are some nice little shops and wineries (within walking distance of the hotel). I highly recommend taking the bison ranch tour offered at the hotel. The ranch is about a half hour drive through lovely wine country and is owned by the hotel's owner, Jim Lawson. Jim is a gracious host who happily shares his pride and joy in his beautiful, immaculate ranch. What a treat to see those magnificant animals roaming freely thoughout 1000 mountainous acres. The tour is topped off with a delicious outdoor lunch of bison burgers and wine overlooking a beautiful lake near the top of the ranch.

If you're planning to vacation in Mendocino County, Lawson Station is a great place to stay along the way.

C Reilly, Willington, CT

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Solo
Business
Santa Rosa, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

It could have been a really awesome place to stay. It was pricey, but the room was fantastic. The problem was in the parking lot adjacent to my room was a annual fire department fund raiser with a live rock band that played late in to the evening. I rented the room to have a relaxing romantic getaway. The music blaring outside our window ruined our experience. When I complained to the manage in the morning she offered a 10% reduction off our room bill. I told her our stay was a horrible experience and asked her to do better, 10% off was an insult to me. We should have been made aware of the rock band playing outside our window when we reserved the room. I asked for the information to contact the owner, she refused. She was snotty and defensive. Our bill should have been discounted a lot more than 10%. They advertised a relaxing stay on there web site, and we were extremely dissatisfied. Don't stay here...

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

I found this dream of an inn while traveling to Northern California on my way to Oregon. This premier inn recently opened with a stagecoach stop theme and has truly beautiful suites with every imaginable amenity inside this unique mission-style "Villa". The inn is about 2 hours North of San Francisco in the quaint and charming town of Hopland. This eclectic little town has numerous antique shops and many wine tasting facilities. The Lawson's Station has a majestic appearance and is hard to miss. When you walk in there is a breathtaking stairwell that climbs to the second floor where the wonderful appointed suites are. They even have the only elevator in Hopland! All are very private and extremely quiet. Each has a fireplace, wet bar, double showers and soaking spa tubs. They have the baths well stocked with fluffy towels and toiletries. Marble and granite counters with very posh furniture and designer decorating. Each suite has a private balcony with seating. There was definitely no expense spared building this inn! Everything around you is new and you feel like you just stepped into a beautiful model home. It was hard to leave. They treat you like royalty and everyone I met was extremely friendly and made me feel at home. A bottle of cold champagne and flowers with fresh fruit was in the room when I arrived. The beds are high quality and very comfy with easy Direct TV/DVD television viewing. There is an awesome turn of the century wine tasting bar downstairs that has the most beautiful peacock stained glass side window lights I have ever seen. The bar is antique and very inviting to visit. They have gifts as well as their own wine "McNab" which John Parducci designed. The Shotgun Restaurant in the Inn has a menu with feasts of steak, bison, seafood, duck, chicken and pastas. I ordered their signature Buffalo Shortribs and they were excellent. My meal was served properly and was as beautiful to look at as it was delicious. The prices were very reasonable. Lawson's Station is owned and was built by Mr. Jim Lawson, who also runs one of the largest working buffalo ranches in the West. His 1000-acre ranch is a few miles North and he has special packages available for inn guests to come to the ranch where he gives them a special tour of the buffalo, VERY up close and personal I must say, in his special "Tatonka Wagon", which means buffalo wagon. It is an open air tram type bus that he narrates the tour in. They stop at his private lake for wine and snacks after the tour. You are allowed to take pictures and I was told sometimes see the newborn babies when they are just hours old. This would make a very special and unique gift for anyone. Mendocino is very close with the Skunk Train and the cute shops on the coast as well as the multitudes of boutique wineries along the way. They apparently hold several really fun festivals in Hopland including a premier wine tasting/food pairing event where you go from winery to winery on a van and stop at each inn or winery and sample their vintages and hordeurves together. Close by is the Pomo Indian Visitor Center, The Grace Hudson Museum, The home of Seabiscuit Ridgewood Ranch which you can tour, The Historical Bordello Museum in Mendocino as well as golfing and nearby fishing. I really have never been more impressed by a new lodging facility as much as this one. A great weekend getaway or honeymoon for that matter. Don't miss it!

Been to Lawson's Station? Share your experiences!