“A charming inn at a beautiful location” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
West Shore Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Homewood Mountain Resort
Transit: Tahoe Area Regional Transit hosts a shuttle drop-off and pick-up location outside the West Shore Cafe.
Description: A picturesque lakefront restaurant and inn located at Lake Tahoe's west shore, the West Shore Cafe offers guests delicious cuisine and superb service amidst some of the world's most beautiful surroundings. West Shore Cafe offers a festive and romantic Lakeview setting with elegant, yet approachable cuisine at affordable prices. As a year-round destination, the West Shore Cafe beckons skiers during the winter months and is mere steps from sister property, Homewood Mountain Resort. During summer months, the West Shore Cafe's location is ideal for those cruising the bike path, as well as boaters touring Lake Tahoe. West Shore Cafe hosts several buoys, and welcomes boaters and kayakers ashore.
Abington, Massachusetts
“A charming inn at a beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at West Shore for 4 nights for a wedding. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed for the season, but we loved this comfortable and immaculate inn. I will describe it as upscale with a pleasing rustic ambiance. We had a fire place which seemed to add romance to the room. The service was excellent and the bed heavenly. I felt so much at home here. In room continental breakfast with freshly baked muffins and croissants was included in the hotel price. My only suggestion to the hotel would be to put an enlargement mirror in the bathroom as putting on make up was a little strenuous for me. Everything else was just right.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
Birmingham
“Food is very hit and miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here for a late dinner. The restaurant is very pleasant, and you can sit outside overlooking the lake (in daylight. At night, it's pitch black but the sound of the water is pleasant). It's really quite a nice dining room - the ubiquitous flat-screen TV above the bar area showing US sports feels quite out of place. The menu is pushing expensive, and for the price you pay you should expect well prepared, well executed food that is interesting.

What we got was a real mixture. My soup to start was pleasant if bland. My girlfriend's salmon main course was very good, but my chicken main had to be sent back as it was far too salty. It was supposed to come with a sweet sauce, but there is no way that any chef tasted it before it left the kitchen, it is impossible that it would have gone out had they done so. I was told that this was the second time that dish had gone back that day, and I see that it is no longer on their menu. It takes a lot for me to send food back, I've only done it a few times in my life, but it was genuinely inedible.

There was a really nice surprise at the end of the meal though: the food we did have was half price as we were eating on a Monday. This was not advertised anywhere and was totally unexpected, but as I didn't pay for my chicken, it meant our bill was incredibly low - something like $50 for 1.5 courses with two glasses of wine. However had I had to pay for my chicken and had the food not been half price, it would have been horribly overpriced which is why I've given it only 2 stars. I am not sure if I would eat there again. Some of the food was excellent, and I wonder whether my chicken was just a terrible accident... but you do wonder how a kitchen can send something that is so obviously over-salted that I could still taste salt 4 hours later despite drinking 2 litres of water.

Visited September 2013
Sacramento
“What a bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After Labor Day the restaurants around the lake have 1/2 price menu's on Monday nights. Great deals on everything.

Visited September 2013
El Dorado Hills, CA
“A Special Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the Inn for a couple of nights over Labor Day weekend and had two lunches and a dinner at the Cafe. We did not make lunch reservations on the first day and it was very busy, but were seated at a beautiful table on the dock because we were Inn guests. (I will remember to make lunch reservations next time)! I had fond memories of the Lobster Roll I had on the dock last summer and hoped it would still be on the menu and it was. It was good but it was more minced lobster this time and less chunks of lobster as I prefer it. On the second day for lunch I ordered the Bouillabaisse and it was outstanding. It was packed with seafood (cod, salmon, prawns, clams and large scallops). Dinner that night was very good - with the Black Cod really being the stand out dish.

The location is gorgeous and mesmerizing and the service very good. Highly recommend. I give this restaurant a 4.5!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina
“lunch on the lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had lunch her with my daughter on the outside deck. Our server was attentive but let us enjoy our conversation and the beautiful view of the lake. Highly reccommend the gazpacho and the Peach Bellinis. We will definitely return for dinner

• Visited August 2013