“My new favorite Hollister place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

(831) 638-9940
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Hollister
Hollister, California
“My new favorite Hollister place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The Running Rooster remodeled last month. They did a great job with their remodel. This place has great burgers and beer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

California
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Excellent BBQ, cold beer, great service. I had the tri-tip sandwich with fries, it was awesome. My co-worker had the fish tacos, which filled the plate and were reported to be excellent.

Visited October 2012
RPV, California
“Best. Burger. Ever. ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Best. Burger. Ever. That's what it said on the restaurant as we drove through Hollister on a road trip looking for a decent meal. That's what made us turn around and go in.

They. Come. Close. Although it wasn't THE best burger I ever ate, it was pretty darn close! They grill outside on a gas grill and it was extremely tasty. I ordered the El Jefe. Excellent choice!! Though not quite as spicy as I'm used to (I like it HOT), it was really, really good. I ordered the garlic fries to go with them... mouthwateringly yummy because I love garlic. Next time, I'll try the Ring of Fire burger and see if it burns my fins off... :)

Definitely would make this a food stop on our way up or down the state and would definitely recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SAN DIEGO
“Burgers and Shakes were good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great service,super friendly waitress, the burgers were cooked fresh and seasoned nicely. The chocolate shake was delish!! Need I say more

Visited June 2012
“Smoky inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

Food was good, smoke from outdoor grill blows inside and one leaves with irritated eyes and stinking of smoke. Needs ventilation to blow the smoke out the door and from entering the restaurant.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere