“A good place to stay with dogs!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cinderella Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollister
Cinderella Motel
You added Cinderella Motel to your Saves list
110 San Felipe Rd, Hollister, CA 95023   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hollister
SAN DIEGO
“A good place to stay with dogs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is a fun, funky little motel that was very accommodating and met our needs. Myself and several of our friends stayed here recently for a dog event in Hollister. The gal at the front desk was friendly and helpful and had a bunch of chihuahuas so we knew we would be welcomed with our furry friends. Each room is decorated in it's own theme. My husband and I had the Independence Room which was all red, white and blue. Our friends were all situated in adjacent rooms so we could all be together. In the evenings there was a little gazebo near the parking area where we gathered for snacks and beverages and conversation. The front desk gal brought us table cloths and extra chairs and seemed to enjoy us being there.

There's no fancy frills with this motel, but it was priced reasonably and our room was clean and made up nicely each day (we stayed three nights) We found a fire hydrant and a gravel lot in the back to relieve our dogs The motel is in close proximity to the downtown area and across the street from a McDonalds and a decent Mexican Restaurant. Although a microwave would have been nice, there was a mini fridge in our room and a nice ceiling fan to keep the air circulating. We were gone much of the daytime but the rooms stayed cool when we returned. The beds were pretty comfy and everything worked. I don't watch TV but I understand they had excellent cable selection.

We lost our room key and the front desk lady was very gracious not to charge us a fee. Another of our friends had a sick puppy in the room and the motel staff washed her dog blankets for her. You could park right outside your room which I liked. If you want a fancy
place this probably is not for you, but if you are just there to sleep at night and want to bring your dogs and be comfortable this place rocked. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 17 was the Independence Room, Room 18 was Jungle themed, Room 16 was girly, Room 14 was a large...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times before as a base for getaways to the Pinnacles and San Juan Bautista, and did so again in late March. I don't know why other reviewers had issues, but I've always had a good experience with the facilities and staff. The manager/desk clerk is a feisty grandmother and her husband does maintenance, and they have part-time employees for housekeeping and odd jobs. She's a good-hearted lady and will chat if she has time, but if some people found her abrasive, maybe it's because after 20 years of managing this place, one of only three indie motels in downtown Hollister, on the main drag next to a bail bond office, she's seen every kind of customer and every trick they can pull. In fact, a couple weeks before the previous reviewer's stay, two thugs tried to rob her one night and she got stabbed and had to be airlifted to a hospital in San Jose. This was one of a possible string of motel holdups in Hollister and Gilroy, so don't blacklist the Cinderella because of it.

The 1950s neon sign is a giveaway: this is not your everyday Econolodge type property. It's a 1950s-1960s place with a little garden sitting area in front, gazebos, a lobby filled with Cinderella figurines and toys (the owner, who lives in a nearby town, is a Cinderella fan), and rooms with different themes.

Not everyone might want the Cinderella room, which I've had before. It's rather frilly and fairy tale-ish and would be fun for little girls. It also has a whirlpool bath. Other theme rooms include the Farm, Independence, the Hunt Club, the Pines, and more. I had the Island room, which had a tropical theme with bright colors, wicker furniture, and nightstands with giant parrot figures for the base.

One "plus" here is the wide parking spaces. Anyone who stays at Motel 6s knows how narrow their spaces are. With so many people traveling in vans or SUVs, that means more dents, scrapes, and difficulty loading or unloading people and luggage. No such problem here. The pool looked OK, but I never saw anyone in it because the weather was mostly cool and sometimes rainy. There is no wi-fi, because the expense of providing it would raise the rates too much (this is why laptops with phone modems will never be obsolete--and the manager has a few loaner cables if you forgot to bring one). Jerry's Restaurant is across the street and is open from about 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Nearby are a Chinese and several Mexican restaurants and McDonald's.

Hollister isn't exactly a tourist mecca, but it has a main street with historic buildings. I walked down one afternoon to look around. The Pinnacles (east entrance) is 30 miles south, and if the weather is too wet for camping as it was last month, Hollister is a good place to stay. The mission town of San Juan Bautista is about 12 miles west.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Waterford, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I arrived at hotel 7pm. Woman was on the Phone. She stopped talking, I asked if room available. Yes, I was staying for business had worked 12 hr day and Travel. Price was great too. She had me fill out form and I paid cash, gave me key told me room number. The room was clean, and bed had memory foam top so comfy. Slept great.Even called daughter to tell her of cute place they could stay when they travel this area. Room had antique furniture, showed signs of wear but still nice. When I left for work at 5 am Discovered office not open and drop box for key. No way to get receipt for work. I called later in the day to request receipt E-mailed to me. Was told no internet can't do that. Then she proceeded to tell me office is close at 11pm open at 7am.That i should have asked the night before. Told her i travel a lot and have not had office not open to ck out before. That if I had been told they close I would have. She continued to ramble on about I should have asked etc. I said: ok , if I had been told I would have.I just need to get receipt for work and she proceeded to HANG UP ON ME!!!!! I do not care how frustrated you may be with a customer but you do not Hang up on them!!! At no time did I cuss or raise my voice. I just needed receipt to get my money back from my Job. I will Never stay here again. And be sure to share this with Family and friends to be Sure they Don't as well. Need Customer service Skills to work with the public . Wish i has had internet to read previous reviews. Would Not have stayed there.

Room Tip: Review Hotels on line in advance . Read what people Have to Say.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Hollister hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I showed up at this hotel early one evening while traveling on business. Looks very charming and clean from the exterior so I thought I would give it a try. The women at the desk was confrontational from the moment I walked in. She stated they had a vacancy and I tried to get past her confrontational attitude by being friendly. Made small talk as I handed her my ID and credit card. I casual asked if it was a quite place at night as I was exhausted from traveling and she immediately began yelling at me. I travel a lot and stay in 1-5 star hotels and have never had this kind of reception before. There was absolutly no way I was going to spend any money at that 2 star dumb. Grabbed my ID and credit card and walked away. I HIGHLY advise against staying here. I recommend the WIebe Motel down the rode.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

I rolled into this hotel late at night looking for a cheap place to crash. The lobby was fixed with a cinderella theme with dolls everywhere.. Okay, I'm a young 25 year old guy. A bit of an odd place for me to stay, but I continued to ask about the rooms. The lady working the desk was very friendly and we talked for a bit before I buckled down and got a room. The rooms are very cheap, but you get so much more than what you pay for! I walked into the room and found huge mickey mouse ears painted on the walls over the twin beds, and the rest of the room was decorated with a red black and white theme as well. They were clean, and pleasing to the eye. The bathroom did look like it had seen some use over the years, but also looked like it was in the process of being fixed back up! New tiles in the bathroom covered the walls, and floor of the sleeping area, and the water was hot! Just what I needed. I slept so good on the bed that stayed another night! I've been on the road for 3 months, and traveled 14k miles so I think i know a thing or two about hotels. This was a good deal and delivered everything I was expecting, and more. I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, when for the same price, most hotels will only let you stay 1. I'm not sure what the last person's problem was, but I didn't have an experience like that at all! Perhaps she went in with an attitude and was given one? Remember.. this is a small town, and workers are people too. Treat people like you'd want to be treated, and you'll enjoy life more!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I called this place to advise the hotel that my friend was stuck on the freeway coming up from los angeles. The woman who answered the phone was less than curtious. when I finished telling her he would be late, she did not acknowledge my statement. I repeated it slower. No acknowledgement. I ased her if she understood what I was saying. She told me she is not stupid and knows her words. All I wanted was acknowledgement. Just tell me OK you got the information. She ended the call with attempting to start an arguement.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Cinderella Motel? Share your experiences!