“Well above average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Highland

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Highland to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Highland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27959 Highland Ave, Highland, CA 92346 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites - Highland,Ca @ San Manuel Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Covina, California
“Well above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This Hampton (and probably the entire chain--this is our 2nd stay at a Hampton Inn) seems to hit a nice sweet spot for many travelers: it's priced in the mid to slightly higher motel range, yet offers hotel-like amenities that usually cost $20 or more per night. The entire property is immaculate, rooms have digital A/C-heating control, beds are definitely of hotel not motel quality, strong wifi signal (bargain motels are often problematic), good cable LCD/TV, friendly staff, one of the best complimentary breakfasts. The only negatives are that I agree with one reviewer that the walls seem a bit thinner (it wasn't a problem for us in the middle of the week but it might be on a busy weekend) and the immediate area seems rather remote except for the casino (but it's only maybe a 5 minute drive down the 330/210 to get to the 10 Frwy corridor).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway (but the nearest freeway, the 330, isn't very busy unless i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Our stay here was perfect. Staff wonderful, room comfortable and very clean. We stayed Friday night came in late and were treated amazing. Night guard after helping me with room then brought us toothpaste (we forgot to pack). Desk was great am and pm. Breakfast nice and everyone helpful. Did not find the rooms noisy at all. For the price and a Hampton Inn I would definitely stay next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: if you are a very light sleeper maybe ask for a courtyard room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I am from the Santa Barbara County area and traveled here for a youth soccer tournament.
Upside to the hotel, for any traveling soccer parents...only 5 mins away from soccer complex!

At intial check in, all was fine..fast..and I was checked in by good staff.
Smooth evening no noise complaints, room was nice a roomy, beds were nice and soft.

The following morning on the other hand was a disaster!
I left something in my room, from the business was asked to be transfered to my room where my mother still was. The front desk agent did not hang up the phone correctly and went on to discuss with his coworker how his was "so tired due to a long sleepless evening of shacking up with a guest staying in the hotel" I was so surprised to hear such a thing! I informed him that he did not transfer the call correctly and I overheard the whole converstion, in return I got a chuckle and no apology...I think it was safe to assume his coworker at the time was a superior to him as she was wearing slacks and a black blazer, well she went on to call me "the guest" pretty much a liar and said I heard wrong...please keep in mind the hotel was mainly occupied by youth soccer players! I am hoping the General Manager or better yet the owner reads these reviews!
Your 100% guarantee would have been in order there...

Breakfast was great in quality, besides the fact of an overbearing pushy breakfast host.

Although close to where I will soon regularly visit, I would never stay here again...simply due to horrible customer service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

You can hear everything in this hotel...the neighbors snoring, talking, their T.V., guests walking in the hall...breakfast is a great idea but staff doesn't keep stocked...and only one waffle maker makes for very long wait if hotel is busy. Road traffic loud...they give you ear plugs...that's a clue.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Santa Monica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

San Bernardino is lacking in comfortable nice hotels, and so this hotel has filled an important need in the valley. It is a new hotel, and therefore in very excellent condition. Beds are comfortable, and I find the staff to be helpful and courteous. Parking can be tight, but I am always able to find some. There are two new restaurants across the lot, a sport bar and a Mexican restaurant that are very tasty. Easy freeway access. Good breakfast provided

Room Tip: Rooms on parking lot side a bit quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Riverside
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have never before been embarrassed by a Hilton hotel employee! We chose to come here because it is affiliated with the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians casino and stayed two nights over Thanksgiving, November 24-26. This was our second stay at this property.

On Saturday, November 26, 2011 as I was waiting in a long breakfast line employee Rosa B. came up to me and asked if "I was a guest?" implying that I wasn't and that I was stealing food!!! I am 56 years old, with a very good job and wear nice clothes. I am completely mystified as to why she asked me this question, I did not hear or see her ask anyone else this question. I was stunned and mortified.

I went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager but was told she was off for the holiday weekend and no one else was in charge. Although I told the desk clerk about my concern she did not offer to take my name and number so the manager could contact me during the week. On Monday, November 28, 2011, I called the hotel to speak to the manager and was told she was out again so I left a detailed message asking her to return my call to discuss my concerns. It is now Thursday night, December 1, 2011 and the manager has yet to call me.

I reported this awful situation to the Hilton Honors program of which I am a member and to the tribal administrative offices but apparently they can do nothing to improve the manager's behavior. So be forewarned this property cares nothing for good customer service and you, too, could be embarrassed by Rosa B.. While we like Hampton Inns & Suites we won't ever be going back to this property or San Manuel Band of Mission Indians casino.

Room Tip: Stay way from this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
gardnerville, nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed here for business for 36 nights. The staff was always attentive and appeared to enjoy their job. Breakfast always included a fresh fruit salad. The whole hotel was very clean, the cleaning crew was obviously interested in real clean rather than surface clean (scrubbing floor grout on hands and knees no less, dust behind curtains). The hotel catered to my every need, which include quiet, stressfree lodging. The casino is 2 miles away with a shuttle, keeping the hotel peaceful.The hotel management must foster a pleasant work environent otherwise it would have shown in the month I was there. I will choose this hotel if I need to be back in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!