“Thin Walls; Make sure you don’t get a bottom floor room.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia

You added Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12033 Oakwood Ave, Hesperia, CA 92345 (Formerly Super 8 Motel Hesperia)   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hesperia
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Thin Walls; Make sure you don’t get a bottom floor room.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed at this little Motel, on a recent trip. There are a few other options in the area, but having stayed at other super 8 motels in the past I thought this was a good choice. Now this motel isn’t a high class establishment by any means of the word. The place is not well maintained, the staff is pleasant enough, but for them it’s just a job so nothing to wright home about. After checking in to this place I received a bottom floor room with a single queen bed. Let me start this review off by saying, If I had had my wife and kids with me I would of never stayed at this place. The room was not very appealing; the carpets were stained and looked pretty bad. The toilet had issues so that the water ran all the time in it. The shower/bath tub looked pretty rough. All of this I could deal with and might have stayed here again, by myself on future trip. However after being woken up multiple times though out the night because the walls were so paper thing that I could hear everything going on in the other rooms around me and pretty much getting very little sleep I think I’ll pass next trip. The worst is still to come. The next morning I wake and take my shower. I grab one of the towels and find that they have many stains on them as well. I’m sure they attempted to bleach away whatever it was that got on them, but you could still see it. (Note to the hotel, time for some new towels). This was just too much for me. I opted to air dry rather than use some mystery stained towel. The hotel did have a breakfast in the morning. It’s not really anything to brag about, Ego’s, toast, milk cereal and donuts. They did have orange and apple juice, but the orange juice side was out. I had apple juice and toast. One point on the hotels side. The bed was clean, and for the most part comfortable. Had it been quitter I would have had no problem getting a good night sleep. Bedbugs aside. I would not recommend this motel. There are other options in the area.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room. Check the towls before you shower.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Lisa H, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Thank you for your response about the Super 8 Motel Hesperia. We would like to thank you for pointing out areas where we need to improve. We would like to inform you that we are currently in the process of renovating our rooms. Management would like to offer you a 30% discount on one of your newly renovated rooms when completed. Estimated completion date is June 1, 2012. Please bring this email with you if you choose to stay at the motel again.
Again thank you so for pointing out the areas we need to improve.
Lisa H.
Front Desk Supervisor
Super 8 Motel
12033 Oakwood ave
Hesperia CA, 92345
760-949-3231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Apple Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was a nice place to stay. The staff at the front desk was extremely nice. She was able to give us all the information we needed for the hotel. We were in search for a good place to eat and when we asked the front desk she gave us a verity of place to chose from. The room was ok the furniture needs to be updated but the be bed was so comfy. i was able to get a really good night sleep.
Thank you super 8 i will come back and stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

It was a pleasant stay!:) thanks to the staff she helped us around and went an extra mile to help us plan our trip since we are not from here. Kudos!!! Ive experienced the other hotels and they staff will drive you away at 11am as if you didn't give them business.

The rooms were pretty bigger than the other hotels I've been. The water pressure was the best so far I've encountered. The cable channels were superb! A lot of channels to watch and not just local ones. They have 4 hBo channels!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011 via mobile

The pool was very relaxing. Its outdoor and at the backside and away from the traffic and enclosed with trees.

• Stayed June 2011
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

The hotel is not a 5-star hotel so I know what my expectations were. The front desk staff was very hospitable and worked with our budget since we are travelling. They have a good outdoor pool and spa. And we had our room overlooking it so we had a great access. The place was quiet and it's as if we were on vacation while on a stop over.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

First the door wouldn't open. So the front desk person came and said you have to left it up. That was odd. We noticed then that the door wasn't flush and that light was coming through. Next was the urine smell and the horrible looking room decor. The carpet was dirty, had a iron burn on it and didn't look like it was vacuumed at all as there was pieces of paper, dark looking stuff (no idea what that was) and other specs of who knows what. The bathroom was not pleasant, the shower curtain was stained yellow and had a rip in it, the caulking was peeling badly around the tub and it just didn't feel like it had been cleaned. Everything was dated and not in good shape. They really need to renovate this place. I tried using WiFi but it wasn't a strong connection at all and was not really usable, unless you sat in the right spot and still then there was a poor connection.

We figured they must have a problem with people wanting refunds as they displayed a sign about only have 15 minutes to request a refund. It was loud, people were having a part in the parking lot and I could hear the people in the room over from us through the attached door very loudly. I can go on and on about this place. I would take your money and go somewhere else it is not worth it at all.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Again thank you so for pointing out the areas we need to improve.
Lisa H.
Front Desk Supervisor
Super 8 Motel
12033 Oakwood ave
Hesperia CA, 92345
760-949-3231
Mitchell, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

The king size bed was the only good thing here. No hot water for the tub or sink. When we informed the front desk, they apologized, went out to reset the boiler, but offered nothing else. Big gap until the door...yuck. It is time to go home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hesperia? Share your experiences!