I've stayed here several times in 2013 for business travel. If you want an amazing beach view and location, this is not it. It's right on the beach, but the Hermosa pier is not the most magical place on the California coast. If you just want to get some sand in your toes and walk by the water, it's quick access. I wouldn't hang the success of a beach vacation or romantic getaway on this location, however.
The rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated, almost like little suites. The ocean view rooms do have a view of the ocean, but beware, if you get a 1st floor ocean view room, people are walking right by you on the boardwalk, not even worth opening the shutters. Another time, I was surprised to find a volleyball tournament set up right outside my room.
The exterior and lobby are dated compared to the room interiors. The hotel has no restaurant. The continental breakfast is just average, you can get a better breakfast burrito down the street instead. There is a little outdoor terrace where you can eat breakfast, which is nice. It's a quick walk to lots of restaurant and some shopping options.
Each time I stayed, I had to specifically ask for the wifi password, which is annoying. Employees did not seem to go out of their way to greet people or take their stay to the next level. No one was rude or anything, just average. One time they did screw up my bill and put valet parking on it when I hadn't brought a car. It got fixed, but do check your line items carefully.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Hermosa Beach Hotel Hermosa Beach
- Beach House At Hermosa Beach Hotel
- Beach Hotel Hermosa
- Hermosa Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House is a perfect beach hotel just 10 minutes from LAX and nestled in sunny Hermosa Beach walking distance to Pier Ave and the Hermosa Pier home to abundant restaurants and shops. Beach House is your perfect choice for a family vacation or romantic coastal getaway. Enjoy complimenatary continental breakfast overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the Strand Cafe. In addition enjoy our complimentary high speed internet througout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Beach House at Hermosa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.