This was our third stay at The Beach House. The rooms are clean, comfortable and if you are able to secure a beach facing room, the views are spectacular. We arrived on the Saturday of a long weekend, and the noise from the beach can be pretty loud with the sliding glass door open. To us, the sound of people having fun can't be a bad thing, but closing the door allows for pretty good sound proofing. The room-to-room soundproofing is also very good. Our first night, there were 2 couples next door who smoked on their balcony most of the night which was unfortunate. As Hermosa Beach boasts being a "smoke free beach", its too bad we had to be subjected to that awful smell.
We contacted the front desk prior to departure to remind them that we had requested, and hoped for, one of the corner top floor rooms. The response you receive will depend on who is on the desk. I received two curt, not particularly welcoming emails, then suddenly received a third one that was polite, warm and welcoming. Perhaps management might want to put one person in charge of responding to guest's emails. We did not get a corner room, but at least we were on the top floor.
The amenities in the bathroom have changed a little. For years I have been very impressed that they included an eye makeup remover wipe every day, which I greatly appreciated. This year I left my wipes at home. There was one wipe (although not as good quality as past years) included in the basket the first night, but never again for the remainder of the week. Also, if you need to use a shower cap, bring your own. They do supply one, but, try as I might, I could not get all of my shoulder length hair into the cap, they are very, very small. The soap and shampoo products are Aveda.
The cleaning staff will occasionally forget to clean your room if you don't vacate early enough. However, a reminder to the front desk rectifies that.
There is an in room bar, and a price list, but during all 3 of our visits, we have never been given a key to the bar. We've never bothered to ask the front desk about it, since we usually buy our own wine, etc., and place it in the ample room refrigerator. There is also a new alarm system on the wall in the bedroom and the bathroom, with various buttons and alarms, but we could not find any instructions in the welcome book, and we didn't bother asking the front desk.
The breakfast room is fine, as long as its not too crowded, with baked goods, coffee tea, some fruit and two dispensing containers of the same Raisin Bran. We ate most of our breakfasts at either Scotty's or Good Stuff near the hotel.
All-in-all, we had another wonderful week at The Beach House.
- Also Known As:
- Beach House At Hermosa Beach Hotel
- Beach House At Hermosa Beach Hotel Hermosa Beach
- Beach Hotel Hermosa
- Hermosa Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beach House is a perfect beach hotel just 10 minutes from LAX and nestled in sunny Hermosa Beach walking distance to Pier Ave and the Hermosa Pier home to abundant restaurants and shops. Beach House is your perfect choice for a family vacation or romantic coastal getaway. Enjoy complimenatary continental breakfast overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the Strand Cafe. In addition enjoy our complimentary high speed internet througout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Amex, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Beach House at Hermosa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.