“Shocking cigarette smoke throughout” 2 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates from $99
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
New York City
“Shocking cigarette smoke throughout”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Incredible location and views. Staff is clearly trying to change bad reputation and were professional. But the claim of being no smoking is outrageous because it is totally not enforced. When we complained they clearly knew this is an issue. Will not stay again.

• Stayed December 2014
Denise W, General Manager at Hotel Hermosa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear rosieNewYorkCity,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Hermosa, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and your room, but were sorry to hear of the problem with the smoke smell; we are indeed striving to change the image of the hotel and we are a non-smoking hotel, with the exception of a smoking area across the breezeway away from all guest rooms; and Hermosa Beach is a non-smoking city. We do have a strict no smoking policy; and we enforce it with a cleaning fee when guests make the decision to break our policy. I am very sorry that you were affected by one of these guests. I take your concern seriously and I would like to invite you back to stay with us, please contact me directly at 310-318-6000. We are continuing to make a lot of improvements to the hotel, and would like to exceed your expectations on your next stay!

Business
San Mateo CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

I have stayed here several times, most recently this weekend. Each time I got great service at the front desk (thank you Sarah), a very nice, clean room with the usual amenities and a very reasonable price, even at the last minute.

The location is just OK. It is quite a long walk to the beach (but doable for adults and older kids). Other then that it is a great location, I suppose.

The breakfast is pretty basic and I'd only use it to grab some fresh fruit or toast. There are just too many good places down near the beach or over in Manhattan Beach a couple of miles away to even think about starting your day this way.

Nice coffee in the room, good beds and nice quality towels. And wifi. Slow but workable.

And one more thing. I sort of have a fetish for good shower heads :) and this one was great.

Thanks to management for a nice stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear conlopez,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Hotel Hermosa. I appreciate your mention of the great value that you received for the dollars spent which includes amenities such as our daily breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi; which both will be enhanced in the coming weeks and I look forward to having you back to see the change! We placed all new pillows and towels in the rooms and glad you enjoyed the rooms shower head! Great way to start the day! We are in a central location and I’m pleased that you had time to discover the area, the bus stop near the hotel takes guest directly down to Hermosa Pier and runs every 15 minutes. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Hermosa twice now and both times have been very pleasant. This past Sunday absolutely exceeded our expectations. One of the reasons that we came back was because of their awesome Jacuzzi that had superb jets that help those of us with aches and pains. This day it was not working and the water was cold. We informed Jonathan at the front desk and he immediately took action. He found us a suite that had it's own private Jacuzzi in it and it also had an ocean view. Needless to say my husband and I enjoyed the rest of our stay at the Hotel Hermosa! Thank you Jonathan and to the staff of Hotel Hermosa for taking care of us and for allowing us to feel like we were on a second honeymoon!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear stacy w,

On behalf of all the staff here at Hotel Hermosa we are delighted to read your comments on your stay! We take pride in our hotel and I’m so pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you into the Hermosa Beach area!

1615 west 146rh stst #2
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

My sister brought my Mom here to celebrate her 7th birthday.....wanted to spend time with her and also give her a chance to take in some breath taking views.....we were helped at the front desk by Megan and Jonathan...both very very kind and helpful...they also gave my Mom a bottle of sparkling cider and a birthday card...that was so awesome!!!...I would recommend this hotel and I will definitely be back...I would also like to thank Shawn ...Thanks for making my Mom's 77th birthday a memorable one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear deelicious71,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Hermosa! We do have wonderful staff; I have shared your comments with them and it made their day! We have also posted it where all staff can read and know that they were apart of making your mom’s celebration a memorable one, thank you. We take pride in our hotel and I’m so pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations; thank you so much for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hermosa Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

The only thing Hotel Hermosa has going for it is its proximity to the beach/pier (7 blocks) and free parking. The hotel has not been updated in the slightest since the late '80s. There are much newer/nicer places in Hermosa for the same price that are just as close to the beach.

• Stayed November 2014
Denise W, General Manager at Hotel Hermosa, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Dear Carolf4tv

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Hermosa, we agree that our location is ideal and we look forward to enhancing the property in the coming months! The hotel was recently purchased by Pacifica Hotel Company and our design team cannot wait to bring Hotel Hermosa in line with all the other properties that Pacifica owns. We are a great value for the area and the courtyard has some beautiful views that can be seen from many of the rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Denise Waggoner

Been to Hotel Hermosa? Share your experiences!