“Excellent value for a beach city hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Hermosa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
San Mateo CA
“Excellent value for a beach city hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed here several times, most recently this weekend. Each time I got great service at the front desk (thank you Sarah), a very nice, clean room with the usual amenities and a very reasonable price, even at the last minute.

The location is just OK. It is quite a long walk to the beach (but doable for adults and older kids). Other then that it is a great location, I suppose.

The breakfast is pretty basic and I'd only use it to grab some fresh fruit or toast. There are just too many good places down near the beach or over in Manhattan Beach a couple of miles away to even think about starting your day this way.

Nice coffee in the room, good beds and nice quality towels. And wifi. Slow but workable.

And one more thing. I sort of have a fetish for good shower heads :) and this one was great.

Thanks to management for a nice stay. I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Hermosa twice now and both times have been very pleasant. This past Sunday absolutely exceeded our expectations. One of the reasons that we came back was because of their awesome Jacuzzi that had superb jets that help those of us with aches and pains. This day it was not working and the water was cold. We informed Jonathan at the front desk and he immediately took action. He found us a suite that had it's own private Jacuzzi in it and it also had an ocean view. Needless to say my husband and I enjoyed the rest of our stay at the Hotel Hermosa! Thank you Jonathan and to the staff of Hotel Hermosa for taking care of us and for allowing us to feel like we were on a second honeymoon!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
1615 west 146rh stst #2
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My sister brought my Mom here to celebrate her 7th birthday.....wanted to spend time with her and also give her a chance to take in some breath taking views.....we were helped at the front desk by Megan and Jonathan...both very very kind and helpful...they also gave my Mom a bottle of sparkling cider and a birthday card...that was so awesome!!!...I would recommend this hotel and I will definitely be back...I would also like to thank Shawn ...Thanks for making my Mom's 77th birthday a memorable one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Hermosa Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The only thing Hotel Hermosa has going for it is its proximity to the beach/pier (7 blocks) and free parking. The hotel has not been updated in the slightest since the late '80s. There are much newer/nicer places in Hermosa for the same price that are just as close to the beach.

• Stayed November 2014
Denise W, General Manager at Hotel Hermosa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Carolf4tv

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Hermosa, we agree that our location is ideal and we look forward to enhancing the property in the coming months! The hotel was recently purchased by Pacifica Hotel Company and our design team cannot wait to bring Hotel Hermosa in line with all the other properties that Pacifica owns. We are a great value for the area and the courtyard has some beautiful views that can be seen from many of the rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Kindest,
Denise Waggoner

Been to Hotel Hermosa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Hermosa

Address: 2515 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Location: United States > California > Hermosa Beach
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Hermosa Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel Hermosa 2.5*
Overlooking the famous Pacific Coast Highway, Hotel Hermosa serves as one of the most scenic and convenient hotels in Hermosa Beach. Romantic ocean views and charming amenities, such as an award-winning Japanese garden, give Hotel Hermosa a certain appeal unmatched by other Hermosa Beach hotels. Voted "Best of South Bay" year after year by the Daily Breeze, Hotel Hermosa offers guests the opportunity to experience authentic Southern California living within the comfort of 81 cozy, yet spacious rooms and suites. Designed to feel like home, each of our guest rooms is equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, kitchenettes with refrigerators and coffeemakers, flat-screen satellite televisions, plush linens and more. Private Jacuzzi tubs and ocean view balconies are also available within select suites. Guests of Hotel Hermosa also have access to first-class amenities, including complimentary breakfast, complimentary underground parking, a fully-equipped business center, state-of-the-art fitness facilities, an outdoor pool and a luxurious hot tub. With Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach and Los Angeles International Airport less than 10 minutes away, Hotel Hermosa truly delivers the ultimate in relaxation at the most affordable prices in LA's South Bay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Hermosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hermosa Hotel Beach
Hotel Hermosa Hermosa Beach

If you own or manage Hotel Hermosa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.