“Friendly Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Hermosa Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at Hermosa Hotel for a total of 5 nights during our very recent visit to California. We found the staff very friendly and helpful, especially Candy and Adolfo at the front desk. The hotel itself is nicely furnished, the bedrooms and bathrooms were neat, clean and comfortable. I would have no problem returning to this hotel in the future or recommending it to future travellers. It's location is also excellent in that it is right on the Pacific Coast Highway, and 10 mins walk from Hermosa Beach where there are plenty of bars and restaurants.
Had a great holiday.
Kieron & Mags Ryan, Dublin, Ireland

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Candy at the front desk is awesome , best hotel through our whole trip, organised late checkout for us as our pane don't leave until late pm would recommend to everyone. Rooms clean , beds comfy free breakfast overall awesome !,

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We paid $175 for a King suite. I'm not sure if I got a lot of bang for my buck. Although I enjoyed the ocean views, I was disappointed that they would not provide towels for the beach even though the website said the hotel would (I could've misread it, but whenever I try to verify this, the website is down.) The walls also seem paper thin too because I was able to hear the people next door cough, talk on the phone, and do other stuff...

• Stayed June 2013
Kingman, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A banner on the front saying "rooms from $89" I paid $132 for a Thursday night. Reserved in advance. Those less expensive rooms were "sold out". Hummmm. Ok though, it was a very pleasant surprise. Our room with an "Ocean View" actually had a building blocking most of the view. Sink drain was very sluggish but room and beds were great! CRT TV not LCD but good quality TV. Could see the ocean but not the sunset which we were hoping for. Front desk very friendly, breakfast was very good. Pretty gardens to wander through.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Pacific Coast Highway and Artesia as well. Those streets are very noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I called to change rooms and spoke to someone on the phone, Candi (? I think). I booked through hotels.com and their policy states that there is no cancellation charges until 3PM the day of the booking, so I had plenty of time (called the day before). She said they had a queen room available, which is what I wanted, but said that she would have to charge me the king room price ($240!). I told her that I could book it online for cheaper, so she said that if I wanted to do that, it was fine. So I started to cancel my booking when I got a call back a few minutes later saying that she would only give me the room for $165 a night (it was $145 online) with a 2-night minimum! What's worse is that the reservation didn't show up online. There is no 2-night minimum policy at this hotel, she was just trying to bilk me out of the cost of a king room for a queen instead. Also she said she could provide me a foldout, but there was no guarantee. It's a shame the customer service is so bad, as we've stayed here numerous times and have enjoyed the hotel. If you get a good rate and don't have to deal with the front desk, it's not a bad location (5-minute cab ride to pier), but I don't think we'll be back after their dishonest practices.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms. Friendly, attentive, helpful staff. Parking was fine.
Quick drive to beach. Older hotel but maintained. Don't get room by hot tub. Too loud. Price was fair. Close to lax. Good restaurants in area. Charlies italian restaurant nearby is excellent.

• Stayed May 2013
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed twice at Hotel Hermosa and were treated like royalty. The girl at the front desk,Candy, went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and memorable. The rooms were great and if you get lucky enough to be there when they have the ocean view rooms available you'll find the view breath taking. The hotel is lovely but Candy is the reason we will stay here again on our next visit to Hermosa Beach, she is Awsome!

Room Tip: Ocean view with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Hermosa? Share your experiences!