“Nice View, Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice View, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were in the LA area for a family visit. We moved to a hotel in Hermosa Beach to be closer to the airport. We went to the Pier for lunch and to see what else was happening. We chose to eat at Hennessey's Tavern as they had a variety of food and an outdoor roof eating area. We sat on the roof and had a nice view of the beach, pier and ocean. Our party was my mom, my daughter (10) and me. I had the Earth Burger, which is their veggie burger with avocado, spinach, tomato, and cheese. As a vegetarian, I enjoy when a restaurant makes their own veggie burgers. This one seemed to be a mixture of rice and mushrooms. It was very tasty. My mom had the turkey pastrami sandwich and my daughter the chicken finger appetizer. We all shared the edamame appetizer. Our waitress was very nice and even thought the place was busy was at our table when necessary without request (check on food, fill cups etc). If I am ever in Hermosa Beach again, I would choose to eat here.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buena Park, California
“Happy Birthday to me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had a quick burger there on my BD. Sabrina went out of her way to make sure I enjoyed the meal and the event. Great place, good food, wonderful location. One of several places they own in SoCal. Not an extensive menu, but somplace you need to try when hitting fun places along the beach. And ask for Sabrina.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stafford Springs, Connecticut
“Great people watching!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stopped in for a few drinks and an appetizer. The Arnold Palmer and vodka drink was delicious...especially for $5! The spinach artichoke appetizer was OK. We just enjoyed sitting and people watching!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Wayne, IN
“Loved the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you want to enjoy pub food overlooking the beach, ocean and pier and you are near Hermosa Beach then go to Hennessey's. The service was fast and friendly. The food was terrific. The upper deck view are quite good. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Gabriel, California
“Slow and terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great location but service was slow slow slow. They don't hire enough staff and those they do hire are not well trained. Food is not so good that its worth putting up with such bad service. You'll probably have a better experience just having a drink at the upstairs bar. Skip trying to have lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2014