“Great View, Good Brew, Pretty Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Chico
“Great View, Good Brew, Pretty Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

You can't beat the location, and there is usually a wait to eat upstairs because the view is awesome! Nothing beats a beer and fries while you people watch at Hennessey's. I like it on a foggy day as well as a sunny one. We have had good service and terrible service... I think it just depends. Same goes for the food. It is a fun bar scene inside, but mostly we like upstairs for hanging out and getting off the beach for a while.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Good view but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

shocking service upstairs.
Four waitresses just standing around chatting basically.
They had my favourite beer on tap, it has a great view and I still left.
At night it's awful too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Good view 50/50 shot food & service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nice sunset view. Party of 4. Hair in one drink, 2 meals ok, 2 not so good. Missing parts of order. Potato chips taste like they were cooked in old or fishy oil. Won't go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
oregon
“Happy Hour very happy with this view and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went to Happy Hour at Hennessey's Tavern. Apparently, they own 3 locations. I was at the one at the pier on Hermosa Beach. I asked for outdoor seating and snagged a corner table on top of the restaurant. It was foggy but the crowds were still out which made for great people watching as well as ocean views.
The service was excellent. Drinks were delivered quickly. I ordered the prime rib sliders without bleu cheese. They came with a spicy horseradish sauce, 3 to a basket. Delicious! I had a glass of water with them to prevent myself from downing too much alcohol with the spicy sauce.
The top bar was crowded but servers were making their way around and getting food and drinks to people quickly.
A downside to this restaurant is the steep narrow stairs to the bathroom on the first floor. Upside is definitely the first class location!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Best Poke in LA area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I would have never thought that I would see Hawaiian Poke on the menu at an Irish Pub, but we did. My wife loves the poke that I make so she thought she would give it a try. I went for the fish & chips. It was a busy Saturday but we were able to sit outside on a fabulous day. We were enjoying our beers when the main items arrived. Her poke was awesome! It ranks up there with some of the best we have had in the Hawaiian Islands over the years. The poke gets the highest rating we can give it. The fish & chips was good, but the fish portion was on the small skinny side. Tasted good, but could not compare with the poke. When you go to Hennessey's in Hermosa Beach try the poke. It is off the charts!

• Visited April 2013