“Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

310-798-8227
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Abigaile Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 123 Restaurants in Hermosa Beach
Cross street: Pier Ave
Riverwoods, Illinois
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stopped in here for "happy hour" with $5 little plates & half price signature cocktails. Food is very imaginative (and tasty), drinks fun, bartender very informative & helpfull - overall great time!!

Visited February 2013

Los Angeles, California
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We came here to celebrate one of my friend's birthday during Restaurant Week. They were offering a 5 course dinner for $45. And let's just say... THERE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOOD! There was so much we had that I'm going to try to list as much as I can remember. We all started off with the Brazilian cheese balls which came with honey and herbed butter. The 2nd course were appetizer/salad type dishes which include burrata, roasted medjool dates & kale salad, quinoa and forbidden black rice salad, and local foraged wild mushrooms. All were absolutely delicious! For the third course, we got salt 'n pepper prawns, hamachi sashimi, banana curry scallops, and finally escargot. The snails seemed to be either ground up or cut up into small pieces so you don't even know their snails. And when you eat it, they taste like mushrooms. So nothing to be grossed out about. Everything was great once again! Then for round 4, we got moroccan lamb kibbeh, poutine, P.I.G. "Pop Tarts", and finally the meyers farm 'prime' flat iron steak. Everything was absolutely delicious again! Then finally, we ended the night by making our own ice cream! Many of the flavors had the salt and sweet ice cream which worked perfectly well! I got the vanilla ice cream, with the cappuccino (?) cookie, with the dark caramel w/ sea salt. It was absolutely delicious but I was so full I couldn't finish it. Plus, it was my friend's birthday and she got a free dessert which was like a gourmet version of a peanut butter bar. It was absolutely delicious!!! Definitely coming back here again! There is not one thing that I ate that I would say was even sub-par. Everything exceeded my expectations!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
los angeles
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I visited Abigaile last sunday evening. We even received a phone call earlier reminding us of our reservation, which was welcome. Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted nicely and escorted to our table. We really liked the decor. The bar area is gorgeous, replete with large brew cylinders behind the bar to remind customers that beer is made here. We had a very nice female server greet us at our table and recommended a few items on the menu. We ordered Beer for starters since it was a focal point on their menu. My wife ordered the sampler of their on-premises made brew and I ordered one of their IPA's. Despite the restaurant being almost empty (we got there at 5:15 PM), delivery of the beer was very slow. I'm a craft brew geek and found their beer pretty decent. Not excellent but good. We ordered the shaved Brussels sprouts and Grilled Broccoli and scallops and prawns. We expressed to the server that we wanted the veggies served first and small delay from the seafood. Unfortunately, both Seafood items came first. At first glance, a bit shocked at 3 small scallops (for $17) and 3 medium sized shrimp ($14, I believe). Both delicious but rediculously over-priced. The veggies? Both had the restaurant's individual twist on them. The shaved Brussels sprouts were phenominal, the Grilled Broccoli didn't appear grilled and was tough as hemp rope. Plates of entrees were never removed from the table after we finished. Not good. The place wasn't even busy to offer that as an excuse. Bottom line, if you like Tapas... go to Mediteraneo a few hundred feet away on Pier Ave. Far better pricing, food is as delicious, always superb service and an even better tap/bottled craft beer selection (along with an excellent wine menu). The menu prices at Abigailes will be their death knell as a business. This isn't Rodeo Drive, it's a down-to-earth beach community.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“Good, different and loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went here to have a celebratory meal with co-workers, and it was a good thing we knew each other...so loud you could only have a conversation with those immediately on either side of you, and maybe to the person directly across the table. Food, however, was delicious, and the small plates are very creative selections, and great to share. The entree sized steak I ordered was fantastic, with some very flavorful mushroom sauce on top, and served with grilled asparagus and some Parmesan french fries. Those french fries were so good, and I made the mistake of leaving them sitting them so they were available to the group, and soon I looked up and they were all gone. Everyone loved them so much we ordered a separate order and kept munching. The vanilla bourbon porter beer they make on-site was so wonderful, I now need to go back just for beer and some of those great french fries. Maybe stopping by at happy hour would be a much better dining experience. Go for the food and beer, but not if you expect any conversation.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, France
“A Reason to Stay in Hermosa After Sundown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place might be beer drinker heaven. They actually brew their own beer on the premises and offer five varieties of home made craft beers as well as a full page menu of other beers and ales for true connoisseurs.
I'm glad that I asked before ordering several plates because just the salt and pepper prawns with XO pea tendrils and garlic chips ($13 during happy hour $15 other times) was a complete meal for me. It was the best plate I ate during my entire stay at the beach. It was so good that I will make the 15 mile drive from Los Angeles just to come back and eat this dish!

• Visited September 2012