“Large comfortable room on a 10-15 min walk from the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Hermosa Beach
“Large comfortable room on a 10-15 min walk from the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

+ Large comfortable room on a 10-15 min walk from the beach.
We booked the suite, with a nice whirlpool bath (no bubbles). Bathroom is also large with very nice shower. Airco was not noisy.
+ Personnel was nice and helpfull. Tips to eat are Peruvian restaurant when leaving hotel on your right and 50's restaurant on the left.
+ Small pool available
+/- Breakfast is a bit limited, mostly because of limited things to put on your bread.
- No refrigerator in room, while description said it would be.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed two nights and our experience was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. Location was great - right next to Starbucks. Easy walk to beach. Also located right next to a Ralph's, so getting groceries was easy. There is a bike shop across the street for bike rentals. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Management H, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Bill,

We would like to thank you for taking the time for letting us know how your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites went. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

First time in LA, first time at this hotel.
Perfect location, about 10min. to the beach by feet. We stayed at this hotel the last three days of our US-holiday. Room was large enough (4 persons) and clean, mostly quiet except refrigerator and air-con. Free car parking, enough places. Around the corner: bike rental, drugstore, post office, shops, restaurants
Recommondation!

Room Tip: Please see review above
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how positive your stay was at the Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

DK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the first night of our US holidays after a very long fligth. Check inn was easy. We had a big room, but realised immediately that the safe had no key - it was removed by a previous guest. After contacting the reception we had another and even bigger room. The room was not completely quiet, but we were too tired to notice, when we went to bed. The hotel in general looked at bit worn.The breakfast was OK and could be enjoyed at the roof terrace

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ester,

princeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We rented 2 rooms - kids and parents - for 4 nites. Both were large enough that we were not tripping over our stuff and each other. Rooms were clean, and quiet. Skip the balcony. The one I had was almost large enough for one person to sit. There is a drug store within walking distance. Next to drug store is a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Skip the balcony. The one I had was almost large enough for one person to sit. There is a drug sto...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jeff

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach went. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since I began vacationing in Hermosa 16 years ago. As with any hotel there are some minor issues we encountered such as a bad office chair and the refrigerator in our room didn't work the first night. We informed the front desk and the issues were resolved immediately. The only thing I wish they would change is the movie rentals. I wish we could have access to the movies for at least 24 hours. We have a bad habit of falling asleep during movies and ended up paying for movies we didn't get to finish watching. This wasn't the hotels issue as much as it was a learning experience for us. All in all....our visit was fantastic as always. :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Dericka,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Quality Inn & Suites in Hermosa Beach.

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here for two nights over the weekend for a last-minute beach getaway with my sister. Unfortunately, we were awaken during our second night at 12:45am when the door to our room was opened by strangers. It was horrible! My sister and I were freaked out by the experience. These people were given access to our room as if it was available. I called front desk and asked what happened and I was told that the woman who checked us in didn't do it correctly. Anyways, the front desk man wasn't apologetic at all. Neither was Mary in the morning when I asked about the event. Management wasn't available on Sunday. I wasn't able to sleep until 3 hours after the scare. Very late for my sister and I that like to run early in the morning. My sister and I travel a lot and have stayed at fancy hotels and not-so-fancy like this one and we have never experienced this before. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. I don't recommend this hotel at all. Also, before this even happened I noticed that the windows to our room (#311) didn't lock and so they could be opened from the outdoor hallway enough for someone to force their way in. I called front desk the day we were checked in and Amanda sent a lady to check it out. This lady found two white lock grabs to install on both windows. I never thought that strangers would be given keys to our room. No need to break-in after all! Horrible that it happened while were sleeping and horrible if it would have happened while we weren't there and our belongings were vulnerable to being stolen.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Management H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear TTITL,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent visit. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced. I can imagine how upset you were. We have taken steps to ensure that your experience will not be repeated; however, I would love to speak with you personally. Please contact me directly at 310-374-2666.
With regards,
Amanda Fulton/General Manager

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Hermosa Beach? Share your experiences!