“just ok it's all about expectations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hermosa Beach
Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments
You added Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments to your Saves list
1016 The Strand, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hermosa Beach
“just ok it's all about expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

So I rented an ocean front room for one night, The room is clean and has a LCD flat screen. Other than that im not really impressed. I wasn't expecting much and the one night was just fine. I wouldn't stay here for a week in this room. Some of the other rooms are better and the apartments seem to be nicer. The place has no AC so this would be a problem if I was staying longer. I enjoyed sitting in my room watching the ocean. I would stay again but only for a night then off to a nicer place

Room Tip: get the apartments on the north side they seem nicer
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed here twice, but clearly ONLY for the location. The lady at the desk both times has been so rude that my wife and I just shake our heads in disbelief. The old smell and hot rooms are unbearable and you simply can’t get any sleep because you have to leave every door and window open in hopes to get some kind of cross breeze. Oh and keep in mind while doing so…the doors and screen’s fall off. Their website talks about how they don’t need air conditioners because of the ocean breeze…it’s simply not true. While checking in, three people were standing at the desk asking for fans. The whole Hotels ambiance is arrogance as if, “you need us, we don’t need you”! Our kids are young and don’t realize all of this and they are fine with all of this because they can just walk to the beach. But as a parent, trust me…you will not sleep as you spend the night watching over your family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Its very old. People party and throw up on the rug. It Really smells like it too!!! Staff is very "indifferent" to your needs. Rude beyond belief actually.. If you can get past all that, you can save some money and have some fun. If your picky don't stay there!

• Stayed November 2012
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

It's truly ALL about the location!! With small children the shorter walk to the beach was just what we wanted and got! The pool was freezing for July. The service was okay but we only stayed one night. The rooms are outdated, minimal and not the cleanest due to its age and surroundings. But that's what we expected and we were fine with it. There's a time for five star luxury and there's a time for messy sand beach fun!! Our room was on the upper floor and the view was amazing!!!! Advice...there's only patio doors with locks. I would recommend not bringing unnecessary valuable items with all the foot traffic on the path. We didn't have any problems but just a tip. Oh and some of their parking is a block or so up so unload at the hotel first!

• Stayed July 2013
CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The only quality this motel has is the location on The Strand.
Having stayed at this motel for every 4th of July for 8 years, we were very disappointed at the poor conditions of the room and service, upon returning this year. The carpet was filthy! The bathroom was marginally clean. The housekeeping service was extremely poor. Housekeeper asked if we wanted service, which is a silly question when you are at a beach motel. Even after stating what we needed, the service was done poorly and minimally. I had to return to the front desk for toilet paper and towels! Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.
I will NOT return to this motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

When we think of a vacation at the beach, the Sea Sprite is the place for us. We have stayed in the main building overlooking the pool and in the beach house up the sandy stairs. From a couple nights to a week at time this beach motel is as close to the beach as you can get. Just a stroll across the strand to the sand. It's a great place for families as well for anyone who wants experience the remarkable views and sound of the ocean. Very open air, no air conditioning. Haven't needed it as the ocean breeze keeps everything cooled down. They give one parking spot per room so parking can be a problem with multiple cars however there are public metered parking lots near by. The housekeeping is good about fresh towels but that's about it. They will do more if you ask which I have. We love Hermosa Beach and the Sea Sprite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

When I go to the beach, I want a true "beach hotel." I found this gem by accident, just walking down the strand (sorry TripAdvisor!). It had such a great location, such a great view of the ocean, I was afraid that I could not get a room without a reservation. To my happy surprise, they did have a room, and allowed me an early check-in. Major plus: although the doors are sliders (a security concern at night), most rooms also have a small openable window so you can sleep to the sound of the surf. Oh yes...

Room Tip: Third floor, ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sea Sprite Ocean Front Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!