“cheap stay- cheap place....” 1 of 5 stars

Vagabond Inn Hemet
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2688 E Florida Ave, Hemet, CA 92544   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
san diego
“cheap stay- cheap place....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

you get your moneys worth. however, word of caution- this is NOT your frills type hotel. its just a basic hotel with bed/bath/shower. the hotel is situated in a nice quiet area of hemet (outside of hemet and not in downtown area). i would make sure you get the room you requested- as the room i got was not what i wanted when i reserved it. i was very disappointed with this hotel- and would NOT go back again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
san diego, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Read some bad reviews about this place and was very sceptical upon arrival. Those reviews couldn't of been farther from the truth. We were greated immediately upon entering the office by the manager (Tony), his wife and his little boy Marco. From that point on our stay was perfect. Nice room, clean, quiet and an overall wonderful stay. Tony's attention to detail was evident from the start. Every time we left the room he was out tending to the grounds, which were also very clean, and always making himself available for the guests every need. If more motels had managers with his customer service skills there would be way less complaints. If I am ever in Hemet again I will not hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

I travel to California several times each year & have previously stayed at this hotel. I can attest to the uncleanliness of the rooms. I wouldn't recommend taking your shoes off in these rooms. The customer service is even worse. I got ripped off by this hotel and they double charged me and a friend for the same stay. It is also difficult to get the "owner" on the phone to answer any questions about the rates that seem to change randomly. -Very dishonest business practices. Management is rude and unprofessional. Save yourself a headache trying to deal with these people & stay somewhere where customers are dealt with honestly and business is appreciated.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel; furthermore, we are sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. We have already addressed your specific concerns on many occassions, and you have continued to be unsatisfied with our service; therefore, if you have any specific suggestions or inquiries that you would like to submit, please feel free to give us a call so we can assist you further. Thank you and have a good day.
Tehachapi, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2009

This place is horrible.

We were there for a funeral and if we didn't feel bad enough already, the young woman with the most sullen expression imaginable made it even worse. She is never in the office; but in a little room across the driveway and so you have to wait for her to trundle over to the office. Her people skills are nonexistent. For example, when checkout time arrived, I went to the office, waiting for her to come over, and she said "Are you checking out?" When I said yes, she merely held out her hand for the key. I gave her the key and she turned around to leave. I had to ask her for a printout of the receipt, which seemed to troubled her greatly. No doubt she had a soap opera to get back to. I wish I knew her name, but the staff do not wear name tags. This young woman was dressed in jeans and a tee shirt. Ugh. The whole experience was so unprofessional.

The room was about what you would expect for the price. It was not very clean but I suspect that was more due to the age than anything else.

But the unprofessional and sullen attitude of that was woman was enough to ensure that I wouldn't stay there again if it was free.

Check out my other reviews. You'll see that I am fair and honest and I do not expect to be treated like royalty, just with common courtesy.

In case I didn't make it plain enough, I would sleep in my car before I would sleep here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento,Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is a great, comfortable place to stay. My room had been remodeled and we even had a flat screen television with a DVD player. The room was very clean. The hotel staff checked us in right away with no hassle and were very friendly. The breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I had called and made a reservation. When I got to town I thought I had better check in and make sure everything was ok. When I arrived in the office I was greeted with a very rude person. She had this scowl on her face and walked out of the office. I ask her if there was a problem. She went and got a man. Again I asked if there was a problem. I was told that the room had flooded and he tried to call me numerous times. Thats funny as I didn't recieve any calls and nothing on my home phone. So I looked at him and said so I have no room!!!!!! Thats right you can go to super 8 and stay. What a joke. What if I hadn't come by. I would never stay there or recommond it to any one I know.
They need to learn some manners and people skills. Times are hard and word get outs.
Don't stay at this hotel....

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, December 11, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our location; furthermore, we would like to apologize if your stay was less than satisfactory. At the Vagabond Inn Hemet, we work tediously to meet the various needs and requests of our guests in a professional and timely manner. Miscommunication errors are highly unfortunate occurrences and we are regretful that yours resulted in such chaos;additionally, we have been working to improve guest-to-staff communication and we sincerely hope that you will return to our hotel. If you have any further inquiries regarding your stay, or suggestions for our location, please feel free to contact us. We hope you will return in the future and we look forward to hearing from you, thank you once again, and have a nice day.
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We stayed here 09/23/09 through 09/26/09. I want to thank Jackie and Joel the on-site managers. They go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant and relaxing. The hotel itself is small, quaint, quite and well maintained. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!