“Served its purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Healdsburg

You added Travelodge Healdsburg to your Saves list
Travelodge Healdsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   178 Dry Creek Rd, Dry Creek Rd & Grove St/US 101, Healdsburg, CA 95448   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Healdsburg
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Served its purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here last spring to attend a wine club member party at Seghesio. My boyfriend booked this hotel thinking it was a hotel we had stayed at in the past (the Best Western) - and because we booked late we didn't have any other options close by that were under $450 - so we gave it a shot.
I didn't check in, my boyfriend did, so I can't comment on that. But in the 20 or so hours I was there I never saw any staff. Mind you, we parked by the back door and went up that way.
We were in room 301 - a non smoking (though you could smell it had been recently smoked in) corner room that was definitely on the smaller side.
It seems like they tried to do some remodeling - our room had newer carpet and paint and new lighting.
The sink/vanity area was separate from shower and toilet. The sink (small) had new granite and there were new tiles in the bath/toilet area (again, small.) The door to the toilet/shower was so thin it didn't provide any more privacy than a screen would have.
Other room amenities....Small hanging area (closet?), Safe, Fridge, coffee pot and microwave, TV, Desk area and a table and two chairs. The queen bed had a firm mattress (too firm for me) and horrible pillows (all 3). Cheap poly bedcover, though the sheets were pretty soft.
Wall mounted AC / fan - worked well. We were in a corner room and it was very loud with traffic noise late into the evening and early in the morning.
Also, the walls are pretty thin and we could hear every word the people in the room next to us were saying.....and doing. Nuf said.
There is a "spa" (small) and sauna on main floor. I'm sure it would do the job.
Be aware there is NO ELEVATOR! Not fun lugging all of our stuff up 3 flights of stairs!
There is limited parking and it's a very small lot - fingers crossed you get a spot!
There is a "gazebo" off parking lot with chairs, but it's a very busy intersection and not really an ideal place to sit outside and relax. Especially where there are soooo many cool places in Healdsburg.
We didn't eat the breakfast - opted for the lovely french bakery in town instead - which is awesome!
So, I would say that this hotel served it's purpose....but my guess is we would probably not stay here again. A previous reviewer said they could have stayed at the Best Western across the street for $60/night, but they were glad they didn't. I, on the other hand, would be happy to pay an extra $60 for a larger / cleaner / newer room (our last room there had a fireplace) and the extra ammenities that the Best Western provides (pool, outdoor jacuzzi, large breakfast room, etc.)
I'm not a snob, but this just wasn't my cup of tea - I guess I just expect a little bit more. If you like a budget hotel where you can lay your head at night - this will be right up your alley.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked a 3 day weekend on the travelodge website about two months prior to our trip. Two weeks before the trip due to conflicts with work I called to cancel one night of the trip- the staff at the hotel quoted a much higher price to stay 2 of the 3 nights & cancel one night. When I asked for rationale or more information I was told to call the corporate number & told the manager would be sick all week. When I called the corporate number I was informed that the hotel controls the price and they could not help me. So, I called the hotel back again today, and was told I should "deal with it online," and that the manager is in a meeting. I asked if I could leave my number for the manager to call me, and the man at the front desk told me that I should call back later. Probably the WORST customer service I have ever experienced!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked the travelodge about an hour or so before arriving. The room was a good size and clean. Breakfast set up a little strange going through the room with the jacuzzi. Breakfast room small so better to take food to your own room. It was fine for an overnight stay as we arrived, out for dinner then left after breakfast. Healdsburg is really nice and a 20 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Healdsburg T, Manager at Travelodge Healdsburg, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
We value the stay of our customers greatly. We are pleased to hear that you really liked the room. We really take into consideration the different opinions our guests have with our whole facility during their stay. We look forward to having you stay again with us!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

When my mother and I complained that we found used condoms behind the night table and pubic hair on the toilet, we were moved to another room. It was a smaller room so I requested a discount from the $130 we paid. I also asked for fresh pillow cases as the ones in our new room did not smell clean (like freshly washed and bleached white hotel linens should). Of the three pillows, one smelled flowery (Herbal Essence shampoo-ish) and two smelled sweaty with a hint of head a shoulders. The manager brought new pillows but proceeded to call us "nit-picky" and raised his voice when I explained our reasons. He then began yelling and saying we should just leave and find another hotel if we are so sensitive. He said that moving the nightstand to check if they had cleaned there was ridiculous and I explained that I had been trying to plug my iPhone into the outlet. I also explained that wanting clean bed linens and a room free from used condoms was totally appropriate. He then became very upset about my request for a discount. I told him I had every right to ask for a discount for being in a smaller room than our original one and he had every right to say no, but that he did not need to yell and be aggressive right in the face of a pregnant woman and her mother. He could simply say no. I would never stay here again and I recommend that you stay as far away from this rude cesspool that has no idea how customer service works!

• Stayed July 2012
Healdsburg T, Manager at Travelodge Healdsburg, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
When the staff was told to move you to another room, they did so. When you were not appreciated with the new room you were given due to the size, you were moved again into a bigger room. Then again, we were told that there was hair on the toilet when all it was was a scratch. Given the circumstances that it was past midnight and we do not have housekeeping 24 hours, someone came to your room to take care of your needs. From all of this help that our staff gave you, we don't understand where you felt our staff was aggressive. We had asked you to leave because we didn't want our guest to have further problems. You(the guest) were not yelled at but was given an option to checkout with full refund so you could go find another place to stay where you were comfortable. We didn't want our guest to feel as if they had to clean the small things they didn't find right. You were not given a refund because you didn't pay for the size of the room, you paid for the type of the room which was a King Room. Despite that, we switched you rooms twice. We tried hard to meet your one and every need, but somehow you were put under a wrong impression and tell others not to stay at such a beautiful and nice property. Sorry for your inconvenience. Our goal is to provide our guests with the best hospitality we can. We hope our guests don't take us under a bad impression due to this one bad review. All guests have different tastes and this guest happened to deny our hospitality.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Maybe we just got a really nice room, but I was 100% satisfied and ok with staying here! We were going to stay at the Best Western (which is honestly across the street) for an extra $60, but I am so glad we saved the money.
Our room was clean, and the bed was much more comfortable than expected. It is about 1.5 miles out of "downtown" but we drove in for dinner and walked back that night and back in for breakfast in the morning - really safe and it was nice to get some exercise.
Save your money for wine and great food and stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you had a nice and pleasurable experience at the Healdsburg Travelodge. We hope to see you again soon!
~Healdsburg Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg? Share your experiences!