“Great, except that mystery wet and yellow spot under the covers” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Healdsburg
Rohnert Park, California
“Great, except that mystery wet and yellow spot under the covers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple weeks ago with a friend from the area for work. The location was good for me, probably the closest I could get and the price was right.

I'll start by saying that the room exceeded our expectations and the breakfast was great. Didn't get the try the pools or hot tubs but they looked clean and well maintained.
Overall the staff was friendly and helpful for the most part.

BUT when it comes down to it you are paying for a clean place to sleep. And our first night there my foot kept hitting a cold spot in the night, it wasn't until later when we pulled back the covers that we realized there was a wet, yellow spot. ...yes, had to go take a long shower. Makes you wonder if they even bother changing sheets between guests or clean anything for that matter.

As great as the facilities were, I'll opt out on another night here.

• Stayed January 2014
aaron9556, Owner at BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor past guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments with respect to your most recent stay with us.

Your comments are rather shocking and disturbing. Our housekeeping staff goes through extensive training and this has made us very highly ranked with both Best Western and AAA for room cleanliness. Therefore, there is no excuse for this to happen and I am sorry. Our hotel policy is to change the bedding on all beds upon check out, weather they appear to be slept in or not. This is why what happened to you is so disturbing and unique.

I would like to further investigate this occurrence, so this does not happen again to another guest. But, I will need your assistance. Due to the fact Trip Advisor is anonymous in nature, please reach out and contact me at the hotel. I would be more than happy to discuss the problem with you and come up with an appropriate solution, for the inconvenience you experienced. This type of occurrence is certainty not normal at our hotel and I want to get to the bottom of it. Therefore, please feel free to call me anytime.

On a lighter note, I was relieved to read all other aspects of your stay were pleasant.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next few days, so that we may resolve this matter to everyone’s satisfaction.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager
Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
San Carlos, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Checked out within 4 hours. Our room was at foot of stairway and very noisy. Our neighbors were yelling next door and we had to call front desk. The front desk did call our neighbors to tell them to be quiet but when we returned from dinner, they were yelling again.Could not be moved due to sold out hotel and decided it was not worth a sleepless night to stay there. Be careful where your room is located! Just wasted over $200 to put my luggage in a room!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

aarondci, Owner at BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor past guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

With respect to the noise being generated by the neighboring room, I apologize if these guests were not thoughtful of you or our other guests. We do our best to mitigate these types of problems when they occur.

In reviewing the details surrounding your complaint and the e-mail you sent to me. I found that you checked out of our hotel at 7:45pm the same day of arrival. It is my understanding the noise level at the time of your departure was high due to these noisy and inconsiderate neighbors.

I regret you felt it was necessary to check out after such a short period of time. I can assure you any noise being generated by other guests would not have continued during the evening or overnight hours, as we have a strict enforcement policy in place. The individuals creating the noise would have ultimately been removed from the hotel if the disturbances would have continued.

We would like you to have another opportunity to experience our hotel under better conditions. By now you should have received our Gift Certificate offering you a complimentary nights' stay for the inconvenience you experienced. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to complete your review.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

For my recent business trip I booked a king sized standard room. As a previous reviewer stated, try to get a room away from the highway. The hotel is right next to 101 and highway noises are consistently loud. I just turned the fan on in my room (and at night, the heater!) to drown out the highway noise which did work well. There does seem to be an issue with outside noises, whether from the room next door, or hearing people walking around outside. So yes, the walls are rather thin in that respect.

That being said, the room was extremely clean and that is important to me. I stayed in the first building, which I think is the oldest. New carpet, very clean and bright bath/commode area. The sink area is standard and the hair dryer worked..thankfully. I loved the bed with quality linens and a nice thick and comfy mattress pad, 6 pillows on the bed. My room had a large chair, small table with two chairs, large TV and a desk with great WiFi. Good lighting as well. Oh, and a small dorm size refrigerator that kept my wine cold! There is a great grocery store, Big John's, down the street with excellent carryout, produce, cheeses and wine. I never ended up eating the breakfast that comes with the room as I prefer a lighter meal.

All in all, I would definitely book this room again. If I was going to a romantic weekend in wine country...no. I'd check out home rentals/b&b's etc. But for my requirements, fit the bill perfectly.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very pleasantly surprised at the value for this hotel in a very popular area. No, you cannot walk into town, but the price more than compensates for that. Our stay was in winter; wondering whether the prices soar during tourist season / summer. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Arcata, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed for a class I was attending in the area. Over all clean rooms and fast internet. It's a bit worn around the edges but for the price it was good. If I take another class I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel several nights this trip to Napa, as well as previous trips to this area.. The room was $69, which included breakfast. The rooms are very well maintained, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the property was kept up and designed in a Tuscan style.. We stayed in 3 different rooms, and each room was clean and maintained. The breakfast was good, and they kept all the food stocked properly. My son, myself and a friend come to Napa/Sonoma every couple years. While we are here, we do not want to spend a lot on hotel costs, because, we want to spend it on wine. It you are on a budget, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel...

Room Tip: Book online, and join their rewards program to get free rooms from time to time..