We spent a couple of nights at the Dry Creek Inn during a Sonoma get away and found ourselves quite happy with the experience. We stayed in the Tuscany building. For the price we paid - $125/night - it was a very nice room indeed, with romantic amenities such as a whirlpool tub and gas fireplace. We did not use the patio that came with the room, but we did use the hot tub one night; it was a nice way to unwind at the end of the day before heading out to dinner.
Overall, the grounds are well kept and clean. Parking wasn't an issue, and neither was street noise.
The included breakfast is exactly what one would expect from a kitchen-less facility. If you are a foodie on any level, then you'll probably want to skip the breakfast. There are several great options in the area though, so this isn't really a downside. They could be less stingy with the coffee cup sizes, however! On the second morning they had shrunk to 6 ounces, necessitating multiple trips back for refills.
The staff was quite helpful and pleasant.
This location is about a mile from Healdsburg's quaint downtown area, so you are in for a short walk or cab ride (which cost approximately $8) should you decide to do some wine tasting there. We used both methods - the walk was pleasant.
We had originally wanted to stay in one of the hotels on the plaza downtown, but decided to "risk it" and stay here due to budgetary reasons. I am glad we did, because know we have a nice and reasonably priced place to stay when we return in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Dry Creek Hotel Healdsburg
- Best Western Plus Dry Creek Hotel
- Best Western Healdsburg
- Healdsburg Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Dry Creek Inn is the heart of California's famous Wine Country in the beautiful town of Healdsburg CA, just 15 minutes from Santa Rosa. Five minutes from our hotel is the popular Healdsburg’s Town Square, home to many award-winning fine dining and family restaurants and boutique and antique shopping. Over 150 of the renowned Dry Creek, Russian River, and Alexander Valley wineries and River Rock Casino are within 20 minutes of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.