“Good and not so good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Edmonton, Canada
“Good and not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Although I got a very good rate when I booked on line, that rate was offset by two things; a below standard room (noisy location, badly stained carpet) and an exorbitant $30 pet fee. I am pretty sure that most pets in a hotel do less damage and make less mess than the humans who stay there (e.g., the stains on the carpet in my room were most likely people made). I am not, however, opposed to a pet fee. I am opposed to the gouging of pet owners. The property is otherwise pretty good and can be very good value in the usually pricey Sonoma County.

Room Tip: Always a good idea to ask to see the room. Some locations in this property are better than others.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
aaron9556, Owner at BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments with Trip Advisor.

Your comments are most valuable in order too find out what likes and dislikes with our hotel features are acceptable to our guests.

In addition to this Trip Advisor posting, I also received your comments that you e-mailed directly to our hotel web site. I was pleased to read your overall stay with us with pleasant.

I am sorry the parking lot noise disturbed your stay with us. Due to the location of our hotel we do on occasion have truck drivers departing in the early hours of the morning.

Also, I am sorry the carpet in your room was dirty. That is not OK. I will follow up with the Executive Housekeeper in order to make sure she corrects that deficiency.

In respect to our pet fee, I apologize if you felt the fee was too high. However, I feel our pet fee is set appropriately for our area. In most cases, the other hotels in our area do not even allow pets. The one's that I am aware of charge $100 per day and only allow small dogs under 25 pounds. We allow all dogs with no restrictions. Additionally, as a dog owner myself, I am aware of the daily cost for boarding a dog. This cost is much greater than the $30.00 per day that we charge. Therefore, I believe we are priced fairly.

Once again, thank you for your time. Without feedback like yours we are unable to make the appropriate changes to serve our customers needs. Please know we your comments and suggestions are truly appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager
Best Western Plus Dry Creek Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My BF and I had a great time at the Dry Creek Inn this past weekend. We stayed in the Tuscan Building, so I can't comment on the rest of the hotel. Check in and check out were both easy and quick, though when we asked for late check out on Sunday we were told we could only get an extra half hour. The room was very nice, an ample size for two people, and we enjoyed both the fireplace and the jacuzzi quite a bit. The bed was also SO comfortable. We forgot to bring bathing suits so we weren't able to take advantage of the pool/hot tub/sauna/steam room, though we'll definitely remember for next time. Also, we were never awake in time for breakfast, but it was nice to know that it was there. We were very appreciative of the free parking and wifi as well.

We spent most of our time out and about in Healdsburg instead of at the hotel, and we were able to walk to the downtown square without any trouble. It was just a short cab ride back at the end of the night.

We're looking forward to making a return visit!

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in the Tuscan building! Top floor will cut down on noise but bottom floor has pa...
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in the Tuscan building and it was absolutely great. The room was exactly what I was expecting. The fireplace and balcony were wonderful additions to a normal room and we took advantage of both. The location is very close to downtown Healdsburg as we (my girlfriend and I) walked to and from multiple times a day. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for somebody looking to stay in the area. Also, the check in service was remarkable. It was by far the quickest check in I have ever been a part of. I'm pretty sure it was less than a minute by the time I opened the door to when I left with the keys to our room. Outstanding.

Pleasanton, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We weren't in the Tuscan part of the motel, so I can't comment on that, but the part we were in wasn't "Plus" by any means. The room itself was average at best. They told my wife that the entire facility had been renovated and not just the Tuscan side, but our bathroom fixtures were losing their finish and looking very shabby. The mattresses were nice, but the beds were queen size and the box springs made it such that whenever one of us moved at all it woke the other.

The place is very noisy. There were people heading back to their rooms at 2-3am and not only could you hear their steps but they were complete jerks and talked loudly as they walked by the room. Since the motel's balconies overhang the parking lot, we were also blessed with a car alarm going off twice during the night. We got very little sleep. If you stay here, take foam ear plugs.

Breakfast was your typical "included" breakfast, but the only non cereal/waffle/pancake option was a breakfast sandwich with egg and sausage. If you don't eat meat, oh well. They did post a sign that said if you wanted a real breakfast you should go to Adele's (the restaurant next to the motel). Note that I call it a motel because I don't consider it to be a hotel if there is a separate diner nearby, even if it is "on their property".

On a positive note, the location is very good. It's a short drive into downtown Healdsburg, and a quick drive into the Dry Creek area or anywhere else in that part of Sonoma Valley.

Moral of the story: You get what you pay for. The place is inexpensive compared to the super expensive hotels in downtown Healdsburg. Last time we were in the area, we stayed in Windsor. I would do that next time.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which side of the motel you're on. It will be noisy either way. Our room...
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is the 2nd or 3rd time we've stayed. It's a great place and in a great location. We've stayed in both the regular hotel rooms and also the back Tuscan style rooms. They are both great. We will definitely be back real soon and probably stay for 2 nights. It's located in a convenient spot for doing many things. Had a great time!

Vacaville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We ejoyed the complimentary wine tasting coupons from the front desk. Great location. Close to downtown Healsburg and wineries. We will definitely book here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!