“A Good Local Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
San Francisco, California
“A Good Local Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

It was the day after Thanksgiving and its fair to say we felt in the need of comfort food. This lively local bar hit the spot. We shared a Buffalo Wings and a Chicken Sandwich, a couple of glasses of the Coppola Cabernet. Exactly what was needed.

Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas, United States
“My reward”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

When we started planning our trip back to Sonoma, the first place on my list was HBG and the first thing to order was the truffle fries. I've had them elsewhere, but here they are PERFECT. Light, crunchy texture, just the right hint of truffle and parm. Everyone else was very happy with their burgers, but honestly I was too absorbed in my fry ecstasy. The Chipotle salt fries aren't bad either.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Carolina
“share the fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went with a friend and we tried the Reuben sandwiches. I asked the waitress if they were grilled or toasted because I did not want order if only toasted. Although she assured me they were grilled, both of my friend and I felt we were led astray. However, it was an awesome sandwich and my disappointment did not last. The order of fries we shared was plenty for us both and I really liked the thin crisp potatoes! I saw the most beautiful green salads on other diner's plates and wished we could return for another meal. In good weather, there is a large outside eating area. This place is so convenient to the shopping and other places on the square. The smell of the food is what drew us in!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Soooo Juicy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

It's not often that one reads three sentences following the Hamburger listed on the menu at this architectural interior restaurant and bar but you must sense that they stand behind their product with such brazen comments on the juiciness of the meat, their medium actually means red in the center and the accoutrements have a whiff of artisanal production. We couldn't resist and will be back for seconds. In addition to the efficient staff with helpful suggestions such as the basket of fries is enough for two, the overall experience was scrummy!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Killer Bloody Mary Bar on Sunday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in Healdsburg for 3 nights and had 2 meals here. Every meal was excellent. This is a great place to watch NFL football. Their bloody mary bar is the most unique and delicious I've seen offered anywhere except inside of my home! They offer 4, maybe 5, different mixes for your bloody with all of the necessary garnishes. Great location and staff was incredible. Very friendly and welcoming!

• Visited September 2013