“Don't Miss Quivira!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 86 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don't Miss Quivira!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Being from PA, I had a Quivira zin and thought is was amazing, but it is the only bottling that leaves CA. So most of Quivira's wines are small production and go only to wine club members or visitors. Turns out, the wine that made its way to PA is the least yummy...what?! We enjoyed the tasting room atmosphere, Joe was very knowledgable and tolerant of our bike-dirty selves. The wine was superb and interesting and very special. We joined the wine club.

Visited April 2014

“One of my new favorite wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed all of the wines here. Was very happy to learn I could buy them on the East Coast where we live. The woman helping us (sorry I do not remember her name), recommended some other wineries which also were very good. Beautiful place.

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“nice organic farm, but wine-tasting felt very commercialized”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I wanted to like Quivira: the organic vegetable and flower gardens out front looked like a pastoral heaven. But the wine-tasting experience felt commercialized and sterile. We liked the wine enough to buy a bottle, but we wouldn't visit the winery again.

Visited April 2014
San Diego, California
“Not My Favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Perhaps it was the busy event weekend…I've been to Quivera a few times now and still remain unimpressed. The staff looked bored and uninterested. The wines were lackluster. The saving grace is the setting, chickens and the gardens. Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
Grass Valley, California
“Beautiful grounds and lovely wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

A large garden as you enter is unexpected with beautiful patio tables that feel like a place for family to meet. The tasting room was simple, not a large gift shop like some have, only a few items here, the star here was definitely the tasting. Little pricey for the tasting of 5 selections in my opinion ($10) but the staff was very warm and engaging once you stepped up. Our server allowed my sister and I to share the tasting, and then waived the tasting fee when we purchased a bottle. Over all this was one of my favorite winery stops.

Visited December 2013